Race number 3
Purse $44,000
Race type Maiden Special Weight
Post position 5
Jockey Lezcano J

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Interesting. I believe Barbaro was unbeaten on grass, and his brother Nicanor took the grass very well also, winning by 15 lengths in his turf debut.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    one more thing horse also entered at churchill so look and make big play where ever
    edited November 2009
    Article posted on the Bloodhorse site:

(from Aqueduct)

Lentenor, the 2-year-old full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro, will make his second career start in third race at Aqueduct Nov. 28.

The 1 1/16-mile grass event will be Lentenor’s first race on grass after he finished third over the Keeneland Polytrack in his career debut.

If history -- and bloodlines -- are any indicator, Lentenor should flourish on the turf as both Barbaro (by 8 1/2 lengths) and full brother Nicanor (by 15 1/4 lengths) broke their maidens in their first turf tries.

All three are by Dynaformer , out of the Carson Citymare La Ville Rouge and were bred and have been raced by Roy and Gretchen Jackson.

“He came out of his first race fine and we’re really excited for this race,” said trainer Michael Matz. “I’ll think he’ll be fine on the dirt, too, but this was one of our last chances of the year to run on the turf. It looks like a pretty tough group, though.”

Looking toward the future, Matz says he’s going to let Lentenor tell him what surface he would prefer to run on.

“We’re just going to take it race by race,” Matz said. “I’m sure he’ll handle any surface.”

Jockey Jose Lezcano will ride Lentenor, who is paired in the wagering with also-eligible Beau Choix. Lentenor will break from post 5.
    edited November 2009
    lets get the money with this beautiful horse, wait until you see him on track you will bet the house
    edited November 2009
    sorry guys finished 2nd watch out for him
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Interesting note is that the horse who beat him came out of a similar race from FBWinner's derby horse Winslow Homer.

Caught a nice exacta there.
    edited November 2009
    glad you hit it
    edited November 2009
    Great call, Randy. He didn't win, but i thought he ran extremely well. Might've got there except for the slowish break (which might have cost him some early position) and some heavy traffic that delayed his move to challenge. Clearly won't be a maiden for long.
    edited November 2009
    thanks Cat your a nice person