Sunday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 7

#8 Banner Lodge (7/2 ml)

Always liked this horse quite a bit, and he's done some very fine work over the Hollywood turf-sprint layout. He's also improved notably in both of his second-off-the-layoff starts, those being career start #2 and the Sep 23 turf-sprint @ Santa Anita last year. Ran a huge race last time when re-appearing off the long break going down the hill, leading thru fast fractions before giving way late to the quality stakes horse Ever a Friend, who flattered that effort by coming back to run second in the Grade 1 Citation Handicap a couple of days ago. Banner Lodge should also get a nice trip here, either setting the pace himself or laying just off the flank of Candy Pull, who figures to be easily overtaken. Should have the jump on them turning for home, and i doubt he'll be slowing down much.

HRT record:

64 for 227 (28%)

$554.00 mutuels ($8.66 avg)

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Good Luck today
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    sounds like a winner, thanks again
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    I like Get Funky in here along with stoneside and cherokee heaven.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Never ran a step. I have no idea what happened; he never even tried for the lead.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I like Get Funky in here along with stoneside and cherokee heaven.

fb

Stoneside cost Get Funky tha race. That bump really took away his momentum. IMO he would have passed the #3 horse late for the win.
    edited November 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Stoneside cost Get Funky tha race. That bump really took away his momentum. IMO he would have passed the #3 horse late for the win.

I totally agree, and this what makes you so humble in this game. I had the worst lost of my life ever in gambling on Thanksgiving day, it was almost like a movie it was so sureal. I still haven't gotten over it yet.

fb
    edited November 2009
    Football?
    edited November 2009
    Football?

Nope the PONIES.
    edited November 2009
    Go watch the last race at the FG on Thanksgiving day, I was there with my family and friends. My wife and mothernlaw were ready to leave after the feature. I told them no, I loved a horse in the last race, a first time starter at a nice price. So they said thats fine we will stay. We head down the the paddock I have my friends with me,wife, motherinlaw and I'm carrying my little girl and she wants to go pet a horse so my boy takes us in the paddock and they let her pet a outrider and we go the rail to watch the race. I have a $50 pk 3 ending with this single, $200 double, $2 super/tir key 1st and 2nd, and bet $400 WPS on this colt. Instead of winning upwards of 15,000 I lose about 2 dimes in this race and was up about $1200 on the day after tipping out and go home a loser. Just go watch the replay of this race. The last race on Thanksgiving at the FG.
    edited November 2009
    Will do. It's probably just now making it to the CDI YouTube page, lol.