Saturday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 2

#6 Creme Dela Suances (4/1 ml)

Maiden-claiming filly for Vienna broke outward sharply leaving the gate last time and bumped hard with another horse, causing her to be off very slowly. Showed good speed up the inside thereafter though to reach contention, and was right up on the lead turning for home before getting tired and spitting the bit through the lane. Not entirely surprising considered she was rushed a bit down the backside after the slow beginning, and note that she adds blinkers today, a move Vienna has gone 2-for-7 with to produce over a 300% flat-bet profit. He also gets Rosario back, and those two have combined to win 29% for another large flat-bet profit. Definitely looks well-meant here, and she could get loose out front today with the new blinkers on (especially with a clean break this time), as there isn't a ton of speed entered here. Gate-to-wire threat.

HRT record:

64 for 228 (28%)

$554.00 mutuels ($8.66 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Went off at a nice 4/1, but she just wasn't good enough late.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    I've been waiting for Gamblin Pokerface to run again (the winner of the 2nd).
    My girlfriend dragged me to the mall and I got home just in time to see him win @ $13
    :cursing:

Taking a couple longer prices in the 4th and 5th.

Race 4
    #3 Remember Mike
    While the draw scares me (he'll be breaking from rail w/ scratch of 1 + 2), I think this one should improve with the addition of blinkers. Ran competitively two back when he finished second to Paddy's Magic (who then came back to win first out against winners). Drawing a line through his last, hopefully ready to roll today.
    Currently @ 9-1. Playing him WP.

Race 5
    #1 Ice Ballet
    My original selection, the #3, scratched and I came to this one. The distance makes this one tougher than it already is. Brave Jutice seems logical but he seems to just have that grinding running style. I think Ice Ballet's running style should suit the distance well. Likely to sit mid pack and hopefully his late run will be enough.
    Listed @ 10-1. Playing him WP.
    edited December 2009
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Race 4
    #3 Remember Mike
    While the draw scares me (he'll be breaking from rail w/ scratch of 1 + 2), I think this one should improve with the addition of blinkers. Ran competitively two back when he finished second to Paddy's Magic (who then came back to win first out against winners). Drawing a line through his last, hopefully ready to roll today.
    Currently @ 9-1. Playing him WP.

Last throughout most of the race. Flores finally shakes him up turning for home and made a move up the rail for a never threatening 4th.

I nearly played Bullfighter, the first time starter for Baffert, but was deterred when I saw that they paid that much for the horse and enter him in bottom leve MC and the fact that he was dead on the board.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Probably a good decision. Any horse that debuts as a 5yo has obviously had a a lot of physical problems. Combine that with the fact he was in for a bottom-level tag, and it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
    edited December 2009
    I like two longshots quite a bit in the 8th.
    #5 and #11.
    Playing both to win and playing them in exactas with the 3.
    edited December 2009
    Rough day for me so far.
    Taking a final stab at the #6 Spartan Jet in the night cap.

The last race he came out of proved to be a live one (Aquickstring came out of the same race, where he finished 8th to come back to win 12.5 claimer earlier). Spartan Jet should be on or near the front and has potential to hang on for a piece.
    Playing him across the board to close out the day.