Winslow Homer and Gulfstream....coincidence?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Winslow Homer (the artist) actually has a painting called "The Gulf Stream". This can't really be a coincidence, can it?

gulfstm1.jpg

Comments

• InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    No coincidence, He knew a horse would be named after him and win at Gulfstream .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2010
    What i mean is, the owners must be Winslow Homer fans, and were familiar with the painting. Thus the name. Otherwise, it would be an awfully big coincidence.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Mr. Porter is a big are collectorl, I think Eight Belles came from art also.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    VERY interesting, and rather enjoyable, coincidence . . . that's the type of information one just can't find on a PP . . . :)
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    man that is great,I remember in a college art class we discussed Winslow Homer little did I know that I would ever see that name and painting 30 years later.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Winslow Homer came out of the race in good order and is still pointing to the FOY at The Stream. I think we will get a higher price in the FOY when the big boys come off the bench. Was told nowhere near cranked up for the Holy Bull today via a text.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Winslow Homer came out of the race in good order and is still pointing to the FOY at The Stream. I think we will get a higher price in the FOY when the big boys come off the bench. Was told nowhere near cranked up for the Holy Bull today via a text.

Does the first round of Derby futures come before the FOY?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Does the first round of Derby futures come before the FOY?

Yes.........Pool One takes place Feb 12-14.