edited February 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
just got reported that the rest of the oaklawn card is cancelled

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Just found out about this. Unreal.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    ship out of cali cause of the rain and get the same results in ark...resched. for next sat...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Prolly most exciting day of preps this Saturday now though.
    My 3 top derby contenders go in separate races (Y)
    Conveyance in SW Stakes
    Drosselmeyer in Risen Star Stakes
    Buddy's Saint in FoY Stakes

Also, everyone, heads up on Giant Oak running Saturday at the Fairgrounds. He's returned to his late closing running style and returns back to the turf where some of his best races were. Watch his replays in Indiana Derby and Clark, both very impressive and faces some less formidable foes here.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    dirt was freezing and it was coming up and hitting jocks and horses in the face. horses were coming back with scrapes on the head and one jock came back with his goggles broken from a chunk. calvin and nakatani were the ones that went forward with the concern. alright with me! since oaklawn is in hot springs NATIONAL PARK they can't put anything on the track ever to prevent or reverse freezing.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    I heard about the national park thing yesterday because i never knew about it..very interesting best what is best for horses is the right way to go..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    The re-drew posts for the Southwest, and Conveyance is now on the extreme outside. Looks like there's a decent run into the first turn though, as the race starts (and ends) at the sixteenth pole. May even be to his advanatge, as he won't be pressed on now by Dryfly (or whomever). Will be interesting to see if new rider Martin Garcia (Gomez forced to take off because of a prior commitment @ Gulfstream) employs stalking tactics now.