Rebel Stakes potentially

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Lookin at Lucky will most likely be shipped in from Socal.
I've heard Super Saver, Noble's Promise, and Dublin are all planning on it as well. :thumbup:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    that would be a big race...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Interesting that Baffert is shipping his top Derby horses out-of-state for their preps this year. He hasn't really done that in the past.
    edited February 2010
    i just think he wants to make sure he takes to dirt even tho all dirts are not the same..or maybe he wants to stay away from that sadler horse...
    edited February 2010
    Which one? Dave in Dixie?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Why would he send Lookin at Lucky to run with his other top dog Conveyance?
    Is Conveyance leaving Arkansas for a different prep?
    edited February 2010
    cat i was talking about the horse that just went 1:20 at sa....sidneys candy...looked awesome and he is a nice size colt...probably the sa derby next out...
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    conveyance went back to santa anita on sunday morning. he will nto be coming

DRF:

Uh Oh Bango put up the highest Beyer for a 2-year-old colt in 2009, when he won the $53,000 Prairie Meadows Freshman last September with a 102. Owens said he also will be sending E Z Dreamer, a full brother to Uh Oh Bango, to Oaklawn this week. The horse is being pointed for the $60,000 Hot Springs Stakes here March 20.

E Z Dreamer won the $75,000 Phoenix Gold Cup at Turf Paradise on Feb. 13, with a Beyer of 100.

The Rebel is looking like it could be a bang-up race. Among those considered possible as of Tuesday were Eclipse Award winner Lookin At Lucky, the winner of the Grade 1 CashCall Futurity, and Super Saver, who last fall captured the Grade 2 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes.

Noble's Promise, winner of the Grade 1 Breeders' Futurity, is targeting the Rebel. Dublin and Cardiff Giant, who were second and third to Conveyance in last weekend's Southwest, are also pointing for the race. Cardiff Giant has remained at Oaklawn after flying here from Southern California, and is to again be ridden by Christian Santiago-Reyes, said Tony Matos, the racing manager for the horse's owner, M Racing.

Conveyance will pass on the Rebel, according to his trainer, Bob Baffert.

You can't get a bigger prep if it happens.
    edited February 2010
    i knew that was going to happen..hes just trying to get each horse a trip on dirt..
    edited February 2010
    I would guess that Sidney's Candy will run next in the March 13 San Felipe. Seems the logical spot for Dave in Dixie as well.