Something important to watch for @ Gulfstream

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Todd Pletcher is currently on suspension, for 10 days i believe. The guy saddling his horses (and more importantly, the guy whose name appears as the listed trainer in the Racing Form PP's) is his assistant Anthony Sciametta.

On Wednesday, they had a horse named Barge entered in an alloawnce race, and though his recent win had come in a maiden claiming race, he looked very competitive on numbers. The morning line had him listed @ 5/1. So what happened? Barge wins the race and pays $20.40.

The reason i mention this is, i don't think there's any way that Barge would've paid that much (probably not even close) if Pletcher had been the listed trainer. So keep your eye on these Pletcher/Sciametta entries over the next week or so. There may be some value...

Comments

• JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Race 9. See #10
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Jerman wrote: »
    Race 9. See #10

Faded to last after setting the early pace, but went off @ 4/1, which again might well be higher than he would've been with Pletcher as the listed trainer. Hard to say this time (unlike yesterday). Definitely not lower, though.
    edited February 2010
    Just a quick heads-up. The Pletcher/Schiametta firster in Race 3 on Saturday (Trinity Run, 8/1 ml) worked heads-up with Pletcher's stakes winner Interactif on Feb. 21. Might be worth a look here, although the favorite Game On Dude looks extremely tough coming out of that fast maiden race a half-hour before the Holy Bull.
    edited February 2010
    Just a quick heads-up. The Pletcher/Schiametta firster in Race 3 on Saturday (Trinity Run, 8/1 ml) worked heads-up with Pletcher's stakes winner Interactif on Feb. 21. Might be worth a look here, although the favorite Game On Dude looks extremely tough coming out of that fast maiden race a half-hour before the Holy Bull.

Trinity Run ran third today @ 20/1. He missed the exacta behind heavy favorite Game on Dude by less than a length.
    edited April 2010

Heads up again.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Speaking of heads up DC...
    Alpha Kitten is entered tomorrow at Santa Anita.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks, i hadn't seen that yet.