Kentucky Derby odds - Pool 2

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Here are the current odds for Pool 2, which closes today @ 6:00 Eastern Time.

Wagering for the Kentucky Oaks (available in this round only) closes half an hour later @ 6:30 Eastern Time.

Derby Future Wager | 2010 Kentucky Oaks & Derby | April 30 - May 1, 2010 | Tickets, Events, News

Oaks Future Wager | 2010 Kentucky Oaks & Derby | April 30 - May 1, 2010 | Tickets, Events, News

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    buddy saint 16-1...are you kidding me....he will probably be thaty derby day if he even makes it
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I took a small wager on Caricortado @ 19-1.
    Also booked a larger wager on Christina Daae in the Oaks @ 6-1.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    What about Dublin closing @ 10/1? The horse that just beat him (Conveyance) closed almost three times higher @ 28/1.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thats crazy. I played Dublin in pool 1 at I think 20-1. Played all others in Pool 2.
  • outofthecloudsoutoftheclouds Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    i put some cash on rule after he won in tampa 50-1 the derby is due for a wire to wire winner.
    edited March 2010
    I read that Pletcher might run Rule in the Florida Derby, but it seems odds with him already having Eskendeyera pointint to that race. My guess would be he'll go in the Tamba Bay Derby. This doesn't look like the year for a wire-to-wire winner though (as if it ever does), with many of the top contenders being either early-speed or just-off-the-pace types. Could get pretty hairy up front. Which of course is not what you want with a bunch of 3yo's going 1 1/4 miles for the first time.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Rule isn't listed for Tampa Bay Derby. This years Ken. Derby looks to be won from behind, Dublin, Soaring Empire and a Colt, no ones mentioned, called Fast Alex. Last year it was Dunkirk but he got hurt. This year I'll be pulling and expecting stroung performances out of these 3 Colts.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, Pletcher decided to run Super Saver in @ Tampa. Not sure what the plan is for Rule; perhaps he'll go in the Florida Derby after all.

Not sure why so many people are hot for Dublin. He's 0-for-3 at a mile or longer, and for some reason he got bet down to 9/1 (i think) in the latest Derby pool? I've seen nothing to indicate that he has any kind of serious chance in the Derby. Sure he was closing late in the Southwest, but he never threatened Conveyance at any point. He barely got past Cardiff Giant, who went off @ around 30/1 in the Southwest and isn't mentioned on any Derby lists. I just don't get the hype on that horse, not at all. D. Wayne Lukas, i guess.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    cinfront wrote: »
    Rule isn't listed for Tampa Bay Derby. This years Ken. Derby looks to be won from behind, Dublin, Soaring Empire and a Colt, no ones mentioned, called Fast Alex. Last year it was Dunkirk but he got hurt. This year I'll be pulling and expecting stroung performances out of these 3 Colts.

Fast Alex is a decent horse and don't forget this one Stay Put. I think he will win the La.Derby if not other big shipper comes to town.

fb
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, Pletcher decided to run Super Saver in @ Tampa. Not sure what the plan is for Rule; perhaps he'll go in the Florida Derby after all.

Not sure why so many people are hot for Dublin. He's 0-for-3 at a mile or longer, and for some reason he got bet down to 9/1 (i think) in the latest Derby pool? I've seen nothing to indicate that he has any kind of serious chance in the Derby. Sure he was closing late in the Southwest, but he never threatened Conveyance at any point. He barely got past Cardiff Giant, who went off @ around 30/1 in the Southwest and isn't mentioned on any Derby lists. I just don't get the hype on that horse, not at all. D. Wayne Lukas, i guess.

I like Dublin cause he is by Afleet Alex (Who in my mind is the last triple crown winner even though he did lose the derby) and should have no problem getting the derby distance I guess we will see today but Im going to put a few $ on this horse today on what I think will be a decent price. Good luck
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I think what Pletcher's doing is running Super Saver @ Tampa and Rule to N.Y. for the Wood. Sort of like a switch of races for the two Colts
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm with Mikeynce on liking Dublin. His connections made it clear that he had some serious issues for those two races last year. His stakes win at 2 might have been the most impressive 2yo performance next to Lookin at Lucky in the BC Juv (regardless of losing here, I still thought the effort to be superb). On top of that, after the surgery, and first race of the year he was making up a ton of ground in the stretch on a game horse in Conveyance.

I feel like Dublin has a legit shot to take down Lookin at Lucky who will be adding blinkers for first time as well as dirt the first time, not to mention a likely 3/5 post time odd.

Needless to say, I'll be on Dublin in the rebel.
    edited March 2010
    I stood to win eight grand on Afleet Alex in the Derby. That one hurt...