saturday picks..

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
tampa bay downs...

race5...captain jack...nice closing kick after bad start..m/l..6-1

race8...ainamaa..should be in front.needed his last and hopefullu he can hang on..

race11..uptowncharlybrown..first time going two turns in last and ran well late..this has been a proven route to the derby just look at the pp's for musket man..I also think you will get 4-1 because of the hype of the albertrani and pletcher colt's...

gulstream park..

race5...slam fire..would of loved for this to be on turf but i still like hime on dirt today...last out he got banged around in a tough trip and first out he ran against the horse that just beat interactif at gulfstream...m/l..6-1

race10...harlem rocker...m/l..8-1..he will get the pace today and coa should have him in the right spot..should sit the trip and get some money..

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I have such a mixed opinion on Uptowncharlybrown. I was on him last race, he broke a little off, sat way back, looked to be making a run, then looked flat, then all of the sudden seemed to take off again?

I like Odysseus here, but wouldn't be shocked to see UCB turn it around here.

Good luck to you today.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i like your selection as well but i just think makin only his 4th start and 2nd around 2 turns...hes a good looking colt and i think he will run a big race today...odysseus and super saver will be fighting for favorite
    edited March 2010
    also in race 7 at tampa the 5 r betty graybull has the same connections as uptowncharlybrown and figures to sit the right trip...m/l..8-1
    edited March 2010
    race5 at tampa...captain jack ran 2nd by a head...6.00 3.80..was the best in the race just kept lugging in..
    edited March 2010
    gulfstream race 5 slam fire 4-1 15mtp
    edited March 2010
    brief speed...faded..