2 Plays @ Santa Anita 3/19

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Race #5
#3 Riviera Cocktail
This one has been in form lately and has been running up against some tough groups. Distance should be perfect and is likely to be a decent price due to Hyades likely to go off as heavy favorite.

Race #7
#2 Mr Gruff
He finally returns. This one is an all out monster on this downhill turf course. Works say he is ready. While there is other pace he is clearly the quickest and shouldnt face too much pressure.
Playing to win and playing him in exactas with #3/#7.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i agree with you in race 7 but in the 5th i was just blown away by the race hyades ran in his last..victor was just motionless and the horse was just moving....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree it was ultra impressive however taking a stab against for two reasons.
    1) Pace set up perfectly for him there.
    2) Much weaker field in last.

Will it surprise me if he wins? Not in the least. Just don't think he's worth the current 6/5 odds I figured he'd offer (very close to that now with only couple mtp).

Best of luck to you.
    edited March 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Race #5
    #3 Riviera Cocktail
    This one has been in form lately and has been running up against some tough groups. Distance should be perfect and is likely to be a decent price due to Hyades likely to go off as heavy favorite.

Ran 2nd. Outclosed the heavy favorite but flattened out trying to catch Enriched on the run in the stretch. One I didn't like one bit here for that matter. :sad:
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i didnt like him either..
    edited March 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Race #7
    #2 Mr Gruff
    He finally returns. This one is an all out monster on this downhill turf course. Works say he is ready. While there is other pace he is clearly the quickest and shouldnt face too much pressure.
    Playing to win and playing him in exactas with #3/#7.

Easiest of winners at a shorter price than I expected (4/5). Paid $3.80 to Win.
    Came in 2-3-7 straight (of course I dont bet the tri). $1 Exacta paid $10.70.

Look for this one to do big things this year.
    Enjoy your friday night everyone. I'll have a few more tomorrow from GP and SA.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I liked Mr. Gruff myself, but I didn't give him out on the site because I figured he'd be too short. We'd have been a lot better off if he had ran in that stakes last week, but unfortunately it got rained off the grass.