big day at the gulf....any selections

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts at the gulf today..i know alot of you guys aare big on chrisine daae....and everyone should know that i love radiohead...

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    in the 8th...bambera is that the horse that was working at crc and going to the apple blossom..
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I POSTED MY GULFSTREAM PICKS IN BETTING TALK EARLIER...w2w
    edited March 2010
    thank you w2w....sorry didnt see.....a race that i like is the swale stakes going 7f..even though i think d'funnybone is going to win i like privilaged to run second at a price...i think cutting this one back and giving him a little rest may help this one make a good move in today's race...m/l 20-1
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Rayphil
    i'll Help Out On Others....my Best Bet At Gulf Is Dutrow's 'amen Hallelujah' In Race 7 The #5...of Dutrow's.......very Nice 3 Yr Old Filly.......also Like Dutrow's D'funnybone In R10...#7...............
  • Zenyatta31Zenyatta31 Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    I love Switch to upset Christine Daae.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    RACE 3

Spicer

RACE 6

Scolara

RACE 7

Christine DAae

RACE 9

Rahys Attorney

Fla Derby

Pulsion
  • Zenyatta31Zenyatta31 Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    Dutrow will be overbet all day at Gulfstream Saturday.

I love Switch to win the Bonnie Miss. Gulfstream usually packs the racetrack down so it favors speed on big days. I also love a 7 furlong work under 1:25 going into a 8 furlong race. This filly has a big chance today.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Chrstine Daae is going to show her true self today.
    She will be long gone and I will patting myself on the back for booking her in the Oaks Future :thumbup

Outside of this race I haven't looked yet. I'll put up a few pics later.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    husker70 wrote: »
    Rayphil
    i'll Help Out On Others....my Best Bet At Gulf Is Dutrow's 'amen Hallelujah' In Race 7 The #5...of Dutrow's.......very Nice 3 Yr Old Filly.......also Like Dutrow's D'funnybone In R10...#7...............

I'LL ADD FOR THE DERBY---FIRST DUDE.......
    edited March 2010
    thank you husker....take a look at game on dude....i like the way he looked in his last and he beat miners reserve and there is a big odds different between the two..12-1 m/l
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    dude-abides.jpg
    edited March 2010
    hey cat bail out the banks is 9/2 with 10mtp
    edited March 2010
    Here are my first few selections for the day. I have selections for later GP and SA races but will post later when I have some more time.

GP4
    #1 Break Water Edison
    This one showed signs of his 2008 form running in his first start for Dutrow after a long layoff. Needed that race in a big way and should be a strong competitor at good odds today. Win/Place.

GP5
    #4 Our Dark Knight
    Second to two VERY game maiden winners. Second off layoff, second at route, and plenty more says he'll improve off those efforts today. Win Only.

GP6
    #7 Magical Carpetride
    Too many times I see Dutrow horses tear things up over at smaller tracks like Delaware and ship out to bigger tracks to run lights out. A few questions marks with this one but worth price. Win/Place.

GP7
    #6 Christine Daae
    Empty the bank account, cash out your stocks, remortgage the house for this one. Best bet of the day and Im PRAYING to get 7/5 on this one even though she isnt the ML favorite. Her stride is amazing and she hasn't even come close to showing her best. My Oaks winner. Win (Heavy).

I have a few scattered plays at SA and the remainder of GP card I will get to later.
    Good luck all! :drinking:
    edited March 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    thank you husker....take a look at game on dude....i like the way he looked in his last and he beat miners reserve and there is a big odds different between the two..12-1 m/l

I also like Game on Dude. Depending on how Our Dark Knight comes back in the 5th GoD may be my play in the FL Derby.
    edited March 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    hey cat bail out the banks is 9/2 with 10mtp

I actually went with Biloxi in that one. Ran second @ 6/1.
    edited March 2010
    race5....i agree with you flyin late...cant believe this one is 9-2 with 5mtp especially running 2nd to bulldogger and gameondude....worth a wager...they are betting the horse leparoux jumped to..
    edited March 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    GP4
    #1 Break Water Edison
    This one showed signs of his 2008 form running in his first start for Dutrow after a long layoff. Needed that race in a big way and should be a strong competitor at good odds today. Win/Place.

GP5
    #4 Our Dark Knight
    Second to two VERY game maiden winners. Second off layoff, second at route, and plenty more says he'll improve off those efforts today. Win Only.

Break Water Edison looked good turning for home then flattened out. Looked like he might get second and then checked up a little bit and he stopped riding him.

Our Dark Knight wins impressively @ 3-1.
    Gsme on Dude just became my FL Derby selection.
    edited March 2010
    can believe the price we got on our dark knight..
    edited March 2010
    I hope Christine Daae isn't this Saturday Dublin.

fb
    edited March 2010
    lol...well we are going to find out...switch is a interesting horse in that race..
    edited March 2010
    Radiohead had a quarter crack a week ago, Babe just stated it.

fb
    edited March 2010
    I was also shocked at the price on him. I was even more shocked when he opened up around 7-1. Lowest odds we saw were what we got. I truly expected 2-1 or at best 5-2.

Good luck to my fellow Christine Daae fans. This is our make or break race :thumbup:
    edited March 2010
    :cursing: So much for Christine Daae.
    I knew things were bad from the get go when Leporeaux hung us out around that first turn.
    Never looked like she had it at any point in that race.

To rub salt in my wounds, I bet Devil May Care in her last two races and gave up on her.

Bambera just opened up at 1-2....now 6-5...
    edited March 2010
    SA 3
    Purse Luva
    edited March 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    :cursing: So much for Christine Daae.
    I knew things were bad from the get go when Leporeaux hung us out around that first turn.
    Never looked like she had it at any point in that race.

To rub salt in my wounds, I bet Devil May Care in her last two races and gave up on her.

Bambera just opened up at 1-2....now 6-5...

Same here went to the paddock on SBD and spoke with JJ and he was told this was going to be a strong performance. I'm sick to my stomach after watching this race. I love this filly, go look back at my BC selections and see what I said about here.

fb
    edited March 2010
    Today cant get much worse...

Just bet U R All That I Am and missed by a 1/4 length at 19-1 :scare:
    edited March 2010
    Game On Dude just got hammered on the toteboard. Went from 11/1 down to 8/1 in the space of about a minute. Man, this would be a nice one...
    edited March 2010
    Wow. Can't say I was expecting that...
    edited March 2010
    Wow. Can't say I was expecting that...

Ditto. I actually was debating playing Pleasant Prince before Dark Knight's run this afternoon, however, I never even gave Ice Box a second glance.
    edited March 2010
    agreed..that race just fell apart...i thought game on dude was a little to close....I just dont see that race being a factor in the derby...but everyone has a chance i guess