Eskendereya

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Big E only has 150k in graded earning and if something goes bad in the Wood and you have new shooters win these other preps he probably won't make it to the starting gate. He would of won the Fl Derby in a cake walk.

fb

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Big E only has 150k in graded earning and if something goes bad in the Wood and you have new shooters win these other preps he probably won't make it to the starting gate. He would of won the Fl Derby in a cake walk.

fb

FL Derby was a joke of a crop this year. I'd almost guarentee they'll return the FL Derby to its original date after the sad crew it drew this year. The past few years the FL Derby has had some, if not the all of the best horses come out of it.

I'll be steering clear of all if its runners come Derby time.

As for Eskenderaya, and going back to what DC has stated, with the lack of preps being run by these horses the average graded earnings per contender is likely to go down (or is it?). It could in fact have the counter effect where instead of having 4-5 cream of crop horses with MUCH higher earnings there could logically be a stronger showing of middle earnings horses who can outcast the lower brim. Not to mention, the less preps will lead to less injuries which in turn can lead to more horses making the gate the first day in May...

From both a viewing and betting aspect, this has been the worst year of preps in awhile...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i agree, it was a joke...wesley ward's horse who ran second never expected his horse to win because he was wearing slippers..lol...that kinda reminded me of the belmont a few years ago with da tara winning....Im telling you guys keep a eye out for trappe shot..won 2 races in a row and should be streching out this race probably in a key prep....here is his last 2 races...

YouTube - Trappe Shot - 2010 Gulfstream Maiden Race maiden race
    YouTube - Trappe Shot - 2010 Gulfstream Park Allowance alw..yesterday
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm totally agree with you on this young colt, two easy races more like workouts. This colt has never been asked to run. I see him going to the Preakness, next race might be the Withers at the Big A or some other race. But would be suprised if he isn't in the gate at Old Hilltop.

fb
    edited March 2010
    im thinking maybe bluegrass...everyone gets derby fever now...this guy looks awesome
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    i agree, it was a joke...wesley ward's horse who ran second never expected his horse to win because he was wearing slippers..lol...that kinda reminded me of the belmont a few years ago with da tara winning....Im telling you guys keep a eye out for trappe shot..won 2 races in a row and should be streching out this race probably in a key prep....here is his last 2 races...

YouTube - Trappe Shot - 2010 Gulfstream Maiden Race maiden race
    YouTube - Trappe Shot - 2010 Gulfstream Park Allowance alw..yesterday

Saw his allowance race Sunday, very impressive.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Very impressive horse, but it's difficult to see him stretching from 6.5 furlongs out to 1 1/8 miles (the Blue Grass distance) just a few weeks after his allowance win. That's an awful lot to ask of a young horse, particularly in what would be his stakes debut. Besides, if his connections were entertaining any thoughts of the Derby, i think he would've shown up in a two-turn race subsequent to the maiden win. I think it's far more likely he heads for a race like the Withers (ala Bernardini) as FB mentioned. Perhaps the Lexington is a longshot possibility, but i tend to doubt it.
    edited March 2010
    i like the withers for him...or even the derby trial...i think will set him up for the preakness like fb said but if he doesnt make that then i would just wait to the mid summer derby's...