Look for Trappe Shot down the line

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
By Mike Welsch

HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. - While he is too far behind from an experience standpoint to make the Kentucky Derby, Trappe Shot has given every indication he could be a 3-year-old to reckon with in the division as the season progresses. Trappe Shot, a Florida-bred son of Tapit owned by Nicholas Brady's Mill House, posted a 10 1/4-length maiden win here on Feb. 21, then returned Sunday to defeat first-level allowance opposition by an even easier 12 3/4 lengths. Both races were restricted to statebreds.

"He's a very nice horse, very talented," said trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. "I'll talk with Mr. Brady, but I think the Withers would be the most logical spot for his next start. It's a big step up from statebred allowance company. That would be the main thing I'm worried about."

The one-mile, Grade 3 Withers will be run at Aqueduct on April 24 and may also attract D' Funnybone, winner of the Grade 2 Swale here Saturday.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    thank you fb..
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thanks FB. Nice call btw, believe you guessed in another thread he'd be headed there.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    D'funnybone is heading to the Withers before going to Old Hilltop also. Will be a true test for Trappe Shot.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Trappe Shoht returned today and won despite a bad start, keep him in your stable mail he might be the handicapp horse for this coming year, if not a top notch sprinter/miler.

fb
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Im really liking this horse tomm in Belmonts 3rd Race. The Fed Eased. Any opinion cause this is one tough race to cap?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Short field
    Looks to me that #1 ARCH TRAVELER, will be the one to catch. Arch Trav has all the best speed figs and any return to those numbers will make him tough to deny. #4 GLICKMAN, 5-1, looks interesting as he is a 2nd timer who won in impressive fashion first time out. If he shows any improvement 2nd time out he might offer a challenge late for minor rewards.

I will probably try to hit a straight tri with
    #1--2/4

Also note that W2W has Arch Traveler listed as his only play today at Belmont.

Good Luck!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow the Fed Eased looked terrible