Fair Grounds Oaks play

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Fair Grounds - Race 9

#6 Visavis (8/1 ml)

Another Margolis filly here. This one came off a long break to run huge in her first start over the track, missing by a nose to our pick My Jen, who you may remember was running extremely well at the time. Visavis came out of that race to score a sharp win next time out, and it's interesting to note that she was entered in a two-turn race prior to that win, but ended up being scratched when the track came up sloppy (if memory serves). So apparently Margolis has been planning to stretch her out for a while now, and she figures to sit a good trip here laying just off the flank of Quiet Temper. She's also been working lights-out for her return, with consecutive best-of-117 and best-of-58 drills. Just a very talented filly here who clearly enjoys the surface, and as mentioned she should get a pretty advantageous trip as well. Hard to say how well she'll fare around two turns here, but apparently Margolis has been targeting this race for quite a while, and it sure seems as though she's going to be overlooked on the toteboard here. Also worth noting that the 3/1 ml favorite here (the Pletcher shipper Ailalea) has never been two turns either, and happens to be breaking from the extreme outside in Post 11. Looks like a good spot to get some value on a fast, talented filly like Visavis. If she handles the distance okay, i think she can be tough at a price.

HRT record:

68 for 243 (28%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Fair Grounds - Race 9

#6 Visavis (8/1 ml)

Another Margolis filly here. This one came off a long break to run huge in her first start over the track, missing by a nose to our pick My Jen, who you may remember was running extremely well at the time. Visavis came out of that race to score a sharp win next time out, and it's interesting to note that she was entered in a two-turn race prior to that win, but ended up being scratched when the track came up sloppy (if memory serves). So apparently Margolis has been planning to stretch her out for a while now, and she figures to sit a good trip here laying just off the flank of Quiet Temper. She's also been working lights-out for her return, with consecutive best-of-117 and best-of-58 drills. Just a very talented filly here who clearly enjoys the surface, and as mentioned she should get a pretty advantageous trip as well. Hard to say how well she'll fare around two turns here, but apparently Margolis has been targeting this race for quite a while, and it sure seems as though she's going to be overlooked on the toteboard here. Also worth noting that the 3/1 ml favorite here (the Pletcher shipper Ailalea) has never been two turns either, and happens to be breaking from the extreme outside in Post 11. Looks like a good spot to get some value on a fast, talented filly like Visavis. If she handles the distance okay, i think she can be tough at a price.

HRT record:

68 for 243 (28%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Just posted this same play last night :thumbup:
    Always makes me more confident when you're aboard the same horse, although this typically means we'll be seeing a shorter price.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    gl, to you all!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    The "other" Margolis filly just won...
    edited March 2010
    Visavis went off @ 8/1 and was siting in perfect position down the backside, but started getting niggled at by the rider approaching the turn and just didn't seem to respond at all. Either something went wrong, or she simply didn't care for the extra distance. Either way, she finished well-beaten.
    edited March 2010
    I just read that Visavis broke through the gate before the start. Do you guys know anything about that? I was watching the Fair Grounds simulcast signal, and I never saw it. I did notice the rider was off her at one point, but he got back on her once she was loaded into the gate.