Final round of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager closes today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Pool closes @ 6:00 Eastern Time....here's a link to the updated odds:

Derby Future Wager | 2010 Kentucky Oaks & Derby | April 30 - May 1, 2010 | Tickets, Events, News

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i think caracortado is a good number at 47-1.....
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I put in 2 plays Saturday $100 on each
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Rest of the field @ 4-1 and Odysseos @ 19-1
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I didn't bet, but horses i would've been most interested in at the price were:

Alphie's Bet @ 46/1

Interactif @ 26/1

Noble's Promise @ 19/1

Sidney's Candy @ 22/1

Btw, is anyone else surprised that Setsuko was missing from the list this time? He was added for Round 2, then ran a good second in the Sham, and they take him off. He'll be hard-pressed to make the Derby, but he could still pose a threat if he runs first or second in the SA Derby (he needs to finish that high for earnings purposes).
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    why would you bet all other horses? i always wonder... for instance last year you could get mine that bird in future at 4-1 or you could wait until post time and get him at 50-1. i understand you get a bunch of horses at 100 bucks but it still seems weird to me to bet on the "all others"
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    why would you bet all other horses? i always wonder... for instance last year you could get mine that bird in future at 4-1 or you could wait until post time and get him at 50-1. i understand you get a bunch of horses at 100 bucks but it still seems weird to me to bet on the "all others"

Agree
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I came into this weekend with three horses who I would play if odds were generous enough.

-Awesome Act
    -Alphie's Bet
    -Schoolyard Dreams

Schoolyard Dreams was only fair enough price, so placed very small wager on him.
    I liked that turn of foot in the TB Derby and think if he continues to improve, and with a better timed ride, might be dangerous.
    edited March 2010

Because you could very well wind up with several of the top contenders, up to and including the favorite. Betting the field in Round 3 is an entirely different matter though.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    that is what i am saying...
    by now the favorites are pretty much set...
    i could see you getting "all others" in the first pool which is before many horses get hurt or lose preps or just dont pan out as three year olds but in the last field it seems we pretty much have a good idea of the top 5 or 6 horses.
    edited March 2010
    I would likely never bet the Field in Round 3, you're right about that. Any horse who isn't part of the main field that i would have any kind of major interest in, i'd be looking to bet him individually, as you say. Either in the Vegas futures or on raceday.