friday churhill selection...everyone

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
anyone who has any selections on the oaks card and are willing to give them out just drop them in this thread.....i will be posting 2 picks for friday...does anyone think blind luck will go down?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I think she could, sure. And you can probably guess who i'm looking at.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess DC is referring to Crisp.

As for me, this is what I'm looking at on Oaks day stakes.
    Race 6
    Rachel on top of a small tri over 3,5 over 1,3,5.
    I really like Unrivaled Belle to run second but Zardana ran well last out. Won't pay much but likely outcome. Not hearing the preliminary question marks for RA like last time, so maybe 1/5 on top will be a present.

Race 7
    Weekend Wildcat (Win/Place)
    Very game first start, bound to improve second time out and small stretchout. Nina Fever looks tough but I find it hard to take such a short price on such a toss up, unpredictable race.

Race 8
    Starfish Bay (Win)
    Last few have been nothing short of spectacular. Seems to have really turned a corner and should give the top two a run for their money.

Race 9
    Macho Again (Win/Place)
    Pace sets up for a closer. Loves it here at Churchill and has the best late closing kick of the bunch. Not a solid group of "winners" but some hard hitters in here.

Race 10
    Workin for Hops (Win/Place)
    Jumped on this one after the scratch of Make Music for Me. Amazing since making the transition to turf. Setsuko is bound to get overloaded with play and leave this one floating at a real good price. Worth a solid play at 12-1 ML.

Race 11
    Evening Jewel/It's Tea Time (Win Bets)
    I'm taking a stab at one of these outrunning the heavy favorite home. Blind Luck is clearly the horse to beat, but with her running style and this large of a field, defeat is possible. Evening Jewel is very versatile and will likely sit 3rd/4th and have first run and a clear pace advantage. It's Tea Time will be near the rear as well, but again will have first jump. This one was full of piss and vigor trying to run down Evening Jewel in last, running on heels part of stretch until clearing late and bursting through to just miss.
    ---The question mark for both, however, is how will they handle dirt? Neither has raced on dirt (EJ is strictly synthetics and ITT was two turf races and an improved synthetic race).
    Will also box these two in an exacta with both Blind Luck and Crisp.

Good luck everyone.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    well i know you had crisp...that lightly race horse who ran 2nd in the ashland might give it a good run....
    edited April 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    ...that lightly race horse who ran 2nd in the ashland might give it a good run....

See above :thumbup1:
    edited April 2010
    well flyin late i see your not bashful on your selections and that your already done capping for friday..which i think is awesome..good luck to you...now i asked if blind luck goes down but does racheal get back to her old ways on friday.
    edited April 2010
    like that buddy
    edited April 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    well flyin late i see your not bashful on your selections and that your already done capping for friday..which i think is awesome..good luck to you...now i asked if blind luck goes down but does racheal get back to her old ways on friday.

Big final friday so I'll be watching everything on DVR.
    No pre-race antics are gonna be seen so going in blind with regards to race day demeanor.

I do think Rachel goes back to her old ways though. The RA camp hasn't been dropping those "well last work wasnt great" and "she isn't 100%" and "we're just hoping she comes out of it ok" comments. They seem like she's ready to roll and Im hoping that shows. I want nothing more than for her to return to top form and run against Z in this year's BC.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    First of all I have a question to ask:

I like the #13 Amen Hallelujah in the Oaks on Friday. The question I ask is should I wheel her in the oaks/derby dd for $40 or should I just play $40 to win on her?

The other horse I like on Friday:

7th race: #2 Lou Brissie
    edited April 2010
    ...i think she will float up do to distance questions....but on the other hand if she wins and you catch a bomb you might be sitting on a good hit.......just wheel it mike because even if you hit it and she pays 20...then you wil prolly get more for the double....wheel it mike...gl...ps..i would just wheel it with the hold field except dublin..lol..
    edited April 2010
    I'd have to say go with the wheel. Odds are a double to Lookin at Lucky or Sidney's Candy will pay less, but other horses should pay very similar and you'll have the opportunity to catch a monster hit if a bomb blows up the tote.

IMO, why not do a $1 double wheel and $20 to win?
    edited April 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'd have to say go with the wheel. Odds are a double to Lookin at Lucky or Sidney's Candy will pay less, but other horses should pay very similar and you'll have the opportunity to catch a monster hit if a bomb blows up the tote.

IMO, why not do a $1 double wheel and $20 to win?

Yeah your right sounds like a good idea didnt even think of that?
    edited April 2010
    thats why hes going to be a lawyer...lol...
    edited April 2010
    Race 8
    Starfish Bay (Win)
    Last few have been nothing short of spectacular. Seems to have really turned a corner and should give the top two a run for their money.

Forgot to mention my main reason for liking this filly. Starfish Bay defeated West Ocean. West Ocean came back to completely dominate two stakes races after losing to this one.
    edited April 2010
    i remember west ocean for pletcher who can back and won his last 2 but in his last in the shakertown just blew out a field in a 5 1/2 turf by about 6......i only know because i bet against him..
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    FRIDAY PICKS...7th #6 679...8th #3 367...12 #1 1/8/10...w2w
    edited April 2010
    thank you w2w..
  • TolmesTolmes Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    Friday's Picks --

Race 5 - W/P on War Tigress
    -Faltered in the last 2 graded stakes starts with a long lay off. Minor lay off this time, and if he's got the trip, I think he can pop at a good price...

Race 6 - And it's all Rachel Alexandra....

Race 7 - W/P on Twelve Pack Shelly
    - Should come out flying, hopefully hold a good pace against Nina Fever and Final Mesa and go wire 2 wire.. Side note = Albarado chose to ride Nina or Mesa, interested to see how it paves out.

Race 8 - W/P on Starfish Bay
    -Agree with FlyinLate that the last few starts have been nice for this horse, especially the last one. Finished 2 lengths in front during the Lady's Turf Sprint, and this was off of a long lay-off. Should continue the winning ways here.

Race 9 - Win on Bullsbay and Macho Again
    -I feel these are the two most talented horses in the race, and I think the layoff may be good for both of them. I am very interested in this race, and I'm hoping one might pop for a mediocre price.

Race 10 - W/P on Setsuko
    -Doesn't have to keep up with Sydney's Candy...enough said.

Race 11 - Well, I'm going to skip out on Blind Luck, just because of its predictable short price. I think Evening Jewel, It's Tea Time, and Crisp all have a legitimate chance to pull away in the Oaks.
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, meant to say Albarado chose Nina Fever OVER Final Mesa...
    edited April 2010
    Tolmes wrote: »
    Sorry, meant to say Albarado chose Nina Fever OVER Final Mesa...

I believe Final Mesa has been earmarked for Royal Ascot, just as Jealous Woman was last year.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Oaks \ Derby Double
    Beautician\Blind Luck with Conveyance\Ice Box
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Rayphil---here In Louisville---be At Track To Bet Soon...i'll Present My Fullcard...weather Nice Now...but Looks Like Rain Tonite And Tomorrow..handicap Wet...walked The Rows This Early Am With The Kids...steve As Says Thumbs Up For Rachel And Dixie Hot Chick Tomorrow..even If Wet...mission Impazible Is A Good Looking Animal..good Confirmation And Strong Rear Muscles..nice..this Is My Fullcard
    R1---2,8,7....2--ravi's Song...betting
    R2---10,7,3
    R3---6,3,9
    R4---11,4,5...11..fuzzy Britches...has Won Me Money...will Rebound..betting
    R5---3,1,8...missit #3...mike Smith Likes..betting
    R6---4,3,5...4...rachel Betting Heavy
    R7---7,9,3...7..nina Fever...betting
    R8---7,6,3...tough Race Going With 7..starfish Bay...betting
    R9----6,4,2...6..bullsbay...betting
    R10---6,1,11
    R11---5,4,1...5...blind Luck Looked Good This Am....betting Heavy...oaks/derby Dbl...5/1,2,6,10,14...strong....4,1/1,2,6,10 14...lighter....i'm Using Stately Victor-6,paddy Prado--10,mission Impazible--14-,looking At Lucky-1,ice Box-2.....handicapped Wet...like The Breeding That Way
    R12---8,7,10....8--ready To Sing...they Tell Me Is Nice...betting

Steve Tells Me Hot Dixie Chick Tomorrow---r6--#2 And R7---#5---tizaqueena

Enjoy......lets Win......
    edited April 2010
    Race 7
    Weekend Wildcat (Win/Place)
    Very game first start, bound to improve second time out and small stretchout. Nina Fever looks tough but I find it hard to take such a short price on such a toss up, unpredictable race.

Scratched.
    Jumping on Lou Brissie. Only one who has proven he can win off the pace.
    edited April 2010
    Tolmes wrote: »
    Friday's Picks --

Race 5 - W/P on War Tigress
    -Faltered in the last 2 graded stakes starts with a long lay off. Minor lay off this time, and if he's got the trip, I think he can pop at a good price...

Took the pace...dead heat for third, interested to see next race if the horse comes off the pace.
    edited April 2010
    Nice call on Lou Brissie, guys!
    edited April 2010
    starfish bay 4-1 6 mtp..
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    nice call, I played Lou Brissie also. We had watched him in his last out and was a steal in this race at the odds
    edited April 2010
    Got Lou Brissie now onto the Oaks!!!!!

Amen Hallelujah
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    TOP PICK SCRATCHED IN 7th...RAN 2nd IN 8th$4.20 $3.20 $26.20 exacta...w2w
    edited April 2010
    Silver Timber set a new course record. I thought the course would still be soft today, but i guess not.
    edited April 2010
    im going with a alan garcia oak derby double......if im not close ill root for you mike with dutrow...