Might be the fastest 6F race of the year look inside!!!!

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
This race below might be the fastest 6f of this year and I think they will break the track record of 1:07.4. The Assman has a real runner in this one Majesticperfection. This colt can run a HOLE through the wind and if you can get anything near 3-1 back up you track as I say sometimes Don't Leave The Window. This colt runs 1:08's in open gallops. I saw this one break his maiden at the FG and got a woody as he was so green down the lane. I gave him out to my private clients at Oaklawn and was for sure the KING was going to rave about this one as he won for fun at Oaklawn running 1:08.3 in a open gallop for fun. I thought the Assman was going to bring him back on Derby week but never showed up in the entries till Black Eyed Susan Day and was too short to even think about wagering. Well this Friday night we should get a good price on this runner and I will be the first in line to collect on this one.

fb

Prairie Meadows

8th (9:37)
Iowa Sprint H.

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML

1 1 Ez Dreamer Corbett G W Owens R Kory 118 BL 6-1

2 2 Majesticperfection Bridgmohan S X Asmussen Steven M 115 BL 5-1

3 3 Peaceful Reign Mitchell G V Belvoir Vann 115 BL 8-1

4 4 Humble Destin Birzer A E Creighton Brett 116 BL 6-1

5 5 Loch Dubh Murphy B G Talley Jeff 115 BL 15-1

6 6 Euroears Theriot H J II Calhoun W. B 116 BL 4-1

7 7 Cash Refund Hernandez B J Jr Margolis Steve 119 BL 9-2

8 8 Atta Boy Roy Borel C H Lund Valorie 123 BL 7-2

9 9 American Classic Zimmerman R Hartman Chris A 117 BL 8-1

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Agreed, this colt can run like the dickens. Hard to believe that morning line, but he is facing some very tough company here. Cash Refund is a monster in his own right, although he surprisingly fired a dud @ Churchill last time out. We might be catching that one at the right time, but if he runs his normal race then he's obviously a tough nut to crack. Euroears has lost a step since the injury, but he can still run, that's for sure. Big step up in class here for Majesticperfection.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Here is his CH race on the 14th of May. Runs a .45 sec flat and finishes in 1:08.1 back to back .11 and change splits under a hand ride, just a couple of crossovers and some knuckling. Take a look at this one.

YouTube - CHURCHILL DOWNS, 2010-05-14, Race 4
    edited June 2010
    Agreed, this colt can run like the dickens. Hard to believe that morning line, but he is facing some very tough company here. Cash Refund is a monster in his own right, although he surprisingly fired a dud @ Churchill last time out. We might be catching that one at the right time, but if he runs his normal race then he's obviously a tough nut to crack. Euroears has lost a step since the injury, but he can still run, that's for sure. Big step up in class here for Majesticperfection.

This is another Afleet Express play IMO, getting a decent price against others that have had a much tougher campaign this year. I'm in win or lose this is a good spot for this colt. The Assman knows how to spot them and he hates to lose with his good ones. I might dislike the man but I won't never let that get in the way of making money on good horses.

fb
    edited June 2010
    Bump, Don't forget it's tomorrow night.
    edited June 2010
    FB, what do you think about the fcat he's breaking from the inside here? He's never seen this type of speed before, and if Bridgmohan sends him early it could get pretty ugly for him up front. I do believe that he can rate effectively (i think he's shown that), but he dosn't have any experience racing behind horses and it'll be hard for Bridgmohan to take him back from the inside. I'm on board, because i think he's an exceptional talent (love the way he's been finishing after setting solid early splits), and i can't pass up 3/1 or 7/2 on this horse. I do believe he's up against it situational-wise, however. Just a really tough spot for him.

PS - I think Cash Refund might be undervalued here as well, coming off the loss. If he fires his best shot, he could be very tough here. I'll be boxing them for sure.
    edited June 2010
    As handicappers we all have out certain ways of looking at a race and wagering on it. You on hand or more of a value player than I'am. I bet horses not odds, but I don't bet 3/5 shots and so forth, if I can get even money on a horse I think is the best I won't pass him up on the board. One thing I see in this colt is his workouts, for him to work such slow times and then come out and put up those type of fractions means he is ratable IMO. If he was just a speed horse he would be rolling out bullets after bullets in the morning instead of steady work times. The price will be decent depending on the pool size and I think the Atta Boy Roy is better than Cash Refund at this time.

P.S. - Some great races this weekend for wagering.

fb
    edited June 2010
    Euroears didn't travel, still in KY. That hurts the price even more now.

fb
    edited June 2010
    Asmussen generally works his horses slow, especially heading into a race. That's not unusual at all. Clearly he's been rating in his last two races though. Not even being asked on the early lead.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited June 2010
    Very nicely done.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Majesticperfection ROMPS home in 1:07.24!
    Thanks for the heads up FB. Cashed nicely there.

:drinking:
    edited June 2010
    fbwinners wrote: »
    This race below might be the fastest 6f of this year and I think they will break the track record of 1:07.4. The Assman has a real runner in this one Majesticperfection. This colt can run a HOLE through the wind and if you can get anything near 3-1 back up you track as I say sometimes Don't Leave The Window. This colt runs 1:08's in open gallops. I saw this one break his maiden at the FG and got a woody as he was so green down the lane. I gave him out to my private clients at Oaklawn and was for sure the KING was going to rave about this one as he won for fun at Oaklawn running 1:08.3 in a open gallop for fun. I thought the Assman was going to bring him back on Derby week but never showed up in the entries till Black Eyed Susan Day and was too short to even think about wagering. Well this Friday night we should get a good price on this runner and I will be the first in line to collect on this one.

fb

Prairie Meadows

8th (9:37)
    Iowa Sprint H.

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML

1 1 Ez Dreamer Corbett G W Owens R Kory 118 BL 6-1

2 2 Majesticperfection Bridgmohan S X Asmussen Steven M 115 BL 5-1

3 3 Peaceful Reign Mitchell G V Belvoir Vann 115 BL 8-1

4 4 Humble Destin Birzer A E Creighton Brett 116 BL 6-1

5 5 Loch Dubh Murphy B G Talley Jeff 115 BL 15-1

6 6 Euroears Theriot H J II Calhoun W. B 116 BL 4-1

7 7 Cash Refund Hernandez B J Jr Margolis Steve 119 BL 9-2

8 8 Atta Boy Roy Borel C H Lund Valorie 123 BL 7-2

9 9 American Classic Zimmerman R Hartman Chris A 117 BL 8-1

The first person I want to thank tonight is my offshore spot for letting me wager with them and not in the pool at PM. They only let me get down 2k w/p but it would of killed the pool at PM. I don't toot my horn but I posted here on the 22nd that the track record would be broken and he shatterd it under a hand ride. Can you say new sprint favorite.
    edited June 2010
    Huge performance by Majesticperfectrion. He got sent early, but was able to gain an uncontested lead while still traveling pretty much within himself. Not sure if Cash Refund was just letting him go, or if that one has simply lost a step (leaning towards the latter). As expected, Majesticperfection finished up huge. Pretty sure he shaded 12 seconds again (for the third straight race) while setting a new track record.

I doubt we'll see $8.20 on this horse again. Props to FB for the heads-up.
  • donniepdonniep Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Great job, fb. Thanx for sharing this gem.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I doubt we'll see $8.20 on this horse again. Props to FB for the heads-up.

Again thanks to FB.
    As for the price. I'll be happy with even money next time out.
    BC Sprint futures? Anyone got vegas line?
    edited June 2010
    He's unlisted, as of the most recent Wynn sheet (June 21).
    edited June 2010
    This colt makes me want to attend the BC more and more, I'm trying to pull it off as my wife is expecting our second child on Oct. 14th. I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off!!!!!!!!!!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    You do what I do hahahaha. anytime I really really want to go somewhere, I send the wife somewhere for a week leading up to it. Gives ya that get outta the doghouse free card.
    edited July 2010
    Majesticperfection has been opened @ 15/1 for the Sprint.
    edited July 2010
    Majesticperfection has been opened @ 15/1 for the Sprint.

Can I send you some change and get me down and mail the ticket back to me. I would very much appreciate it.
    edited July 2010
    Can I send you some change and get me down and mail the ticket back to me. I would very much appreciate it.

First thing I would have to do is check the price at the window, because just because it says one price on the sheet, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the real price. Besides that, I don't think it's a very good number. Not at this point in time, anyway. Could well be the best horse (I'm leaning that way), and it could end up being a nice overlay on raceday, but that's the thing, raceday is 4 months away. 15/1 with four months to go is no bargain. You know how those things go. You can email me if you want, it's your decision not mine. I don't really enjoy making bets for people though, too much bad can come from holding onto someone else's money. We've known each other a long time though, so I'll try to help if I can.

PS - another problem I've run into is having the price slashed after I check it at the window (and don't bet). It tips them off that a bet might be forthcoming, so they sometimes take that opportunity to slash it. Pretty low, but that's the kind of thing they do in Vegas sometimes. Cost me a lot of money on Orientate the year he won the Sprint, long story.
    edited August 2010
    He is back in the Vanderbilt on Sunday against the likes of Big Drama, Gayego, Bribon and others. I'm heading to the lock box tomorrow and heading to the OTB bright and early on Sunday to hammer down with two fist and two feet on the fastest colt out there. You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gl, fb
    edited August 2010
    Looking forward to this race. With Majesticperfection being the new kid on the block, i think we might still get a decent price this time, but i'm concerned that his most recent running line might be so impressive that he'll be impossible to ignore, even for those who are unfamiliar with him. At least it happened @ Prairie Meadows, so that should help at least a little bit. Let's just hope the Big Drama supporters are out in force.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    i think bribon is going to take a lot of change with drama and the go dolphin runner....
    edited August 2010
    bump
    edited August 2010
    I will be all in big time today, this will be one of my biggest wagers in sometime. My partner is a HEAVY HITTER and he will bring the odds down today on Majestic. I hope we can get 2-1 as this will be the last time he will be over 2-1 for quit sometime. GL to all of us today. We get a clean break can you say Katy Bar The Door. Watch the opening odds as we will be making our wagers early.

fb
    edited August 2010
    Don't let him bet so much that it hurts his own price. Please... :nono:
    edited August 2010
    I explain odds to him all the time, he just doesn't listen. He will probably wager between 30k-50k wps on him.
    edited August 2010
    if you wath the replay from his last he broke slow and then caught up and midway down the lane he switched back to the left lead...still a green horse with unlimited ability...single in my pick 6...
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I explain odds to him all the time, he just doesn't listen. He will probably wager between 30k-50k wps on him.

WOW ,Heavy Hitter :thumbup:
    edited August 2010
    i couldnt bet that much....im nervous when i bet a few bucks...