Oaklawn Park February

2»

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to watch the first few today and see if there is a track bias. Did you see Chris' Pee H Dee's workout?

Since they worked the track during the cold snap, could be a big bias. If so, I'm playing race 3, # 6 Roma Jean, 5/2 ml, and when I say play, I really mean PLAY!!!

In the 7th race, I'm with you and if this race does not hit a exacta with box 1--4--9, I will go to New Orleans, get liquored up, get past the NOPD guard, and go down on El Padrino!!!

My pick 4 is as follows:

6th---2/3/7/8
    7th---1/4/9
    8th---1/4
    9th---#1 single play, especially if speed is KING?

Gracias. Don't start cheating on Shackleford.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Chris' horse, # 9, is sct from the 7th. Vet sct. It pays to know the track vet!!!

Had to break my date with El Padrino.
    edited February 2012
    Friday card is aweful! My attempts to hit the pick 4 are not very good, due ,in part, to not going deep enough. Yesterday paid around $1 ticket $14,000.00. Going deeper today!

6th---2---5---6
    7th---1---2---3
    8th---3---4---5
    9th---1---2---3
    If Southwest Stakes on Monday is split, 2 divisions, which looks likely, I will bet you a date with El Padrino that the two Baffert horses are in separate races. Supposed to be luck of the draw,----yea RIGHT!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I Agree ---some Bad Cards Here Lately....still Seeing 3's Against Older....

Today---r1---1...von Hemel On 2..says He's Got To Beat
    R7---5.... With 1,4
    R9---4...strong...like This One...lukas Might Wake Up On The 2...
    R10---2...with 4,5
    edited February 2012
    Gabe Saez just goes to the top of my shit list after ride on Downtown Ghost, my single in pick 4.

Hell of a deal when you get out-ridden by the likes of Jon Court?
    edited February 2012
    As long as I'm mad, might as well vent a little!

Most of you are too young to remember, but I noticed that a FG trainer is heading up a rescue charity for those abused horses found in Louisiana. Keep in mind that only state which will give this scoundrel a license is louisiana, sort of like when P Val got one!

what's the saying, "Religion is the last bastion for felons and scoundrels" Same for trainers!

Surprised that Billy Patin is not his go-to-jock! The idea that this guy is trying to do something to better his name and unsavory reputation is a joke. Even more surprised that any owner would use this guy as a trainer.
    edited February 2012
    John---got Your Wish.....southwest Is In 2 Divisions And Of Course...baffert Split His Entry....circle Is In The 2nd One With Servis.....

Got A Richard/macingvale......in The 1 St Div.
    edited February 2012
    Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wet conditions from FG to Op

3rd---#4 Big Tall Paul, 5-1
    sct out of $16 clm going 1 1/8 yesterday..Re-entered today for $25k clm going 1 1/16. Mid-West Thoro jumping up in class but connections think he can handle the jump. Ocampo says go to the windows!

Pick 4
    6th---1---4---8---10
    7th---#6 very live and w/p
    8th---#6---very live and w/p
    9th---4---6---7---8---9---10

Have some good info on a GP race, will post later.
    edited February 2012
    Looks like the rain may miss Oaklawn, hope so?

Here are some others to look at:

Aqueduct 3rd---#5 Furios Tempo, 4-1, but 10-1 is more likely. Don't bother to look at pp's, nothing there to get you excited---jumps up off a horrible effort and gets a downgrade in rider---sounds fishy---Right?

Gulfstream Park

6th Race
    #1(poe) Ima Soul Miss, Canadian runner from Attfield, been off since early fall and works draw attention of Cordero, JV takes the call

#3 Eden's Exchange, Servis runner been close in last two, looms strong in here again

#6 Sola Gratia, Fawkes is sky high on this one,, wil be prominent with leading jock aboard

I'm playing all in Ex & Tri Box 1---3---6

8th Race
    Dogwood has #4 Punster, who won here a couple of times last year before getting hurt. Lightly raced Distorted Humor/Victory Gallop colt is primed for a big effort today for old school trainer Frank Alexander. WPS wager and a four horse tri box 2---4---10---11.
    edited February 2012
    Thursday Plays For Me...................

R2----1....across
    R5---3...whiteds...across
    R6---3
    R7---7...assman Likes...300 Wps
    R8---assman Has The 4 & 5....says He Has To Beat The #3 Of Lukas...class Of The Field....but Can Be Beaten....
    R9---10....donnie Von Hemels....nicely Bred...broodmare A Nice One Out Of Dixieland Band.....strong Across......and Exotics...
    edited February 2012
    Underrated jock Alex Birzer is on several today who are live! His family let word out.
    Race 2---# 5 Noctivagant, gets bug Cancheri and stretch out

Race 3---Layney's Moose---gets Birzer for Kenny Smith, short $$$ but most likely winner on card

On paper, Hamazing Destiny looks like easy $$$ in the 8th, I,m thinking a play against on the pick 4 and hope for a big payoff!

6th---2/5/10
    7th---1/5/8
    8th---2/3/5
    9th---3/4/10

odds are out on Saturday's Risen Star---other than El Padrino, very good prices! Can't wait!
    edited February 2012
    Can't begin to tell everybody how frustrating it is trying to hit the OP pick 4.

King and I worked this sequence to death today and tried to beat the heavy favorite, Hamazing Destiny, in the 8th race. He got beat by a whisker, but not by our picks, but by a horse I would not pick with tomorrow's newspaper results! $2 pick 4 paid over $3,600.00, which is about average for the meet. This could be the toughest play in the country right now, and we are in need of help! I have hit 3 of 4 every fucking day since the beginning of fucking time!!! HELP!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    It's all fixed.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Can't begin to tell everybody how frustrating it is trying to hit the OP pick 4.

King and I worked this sequence to death today and tried to beat the heavy favorite, Hamazing Destiny, in the 8th race. He got beat by a whisker, but not by our picks, but by a horse I would not pick with tomorrow's newspaper results! $2 pick 4 paid over $3,600.00, which is about average for the meet. This could be the toughest play in the country right now, and we are in need of help! I have hit 3 of 4 every fucking day since the beginning of fucking time!!! HELP!

Shoot me an e-mail: nathantoma@gmail.com
    I'll see if there's anything I can do to help with tomorrow's card :cool2:
    If you AND king are having trouble I'm not sure what I can do but I'll try haha
    edited February 2012
    New day and another chance to hit the pick4 ?

6th---4/5/6/8 wide open affair and bad favorites

7th---2/4/5 and you can use these in ex & tri boxes

8th---1/6/8

9th---7/11 #7 is Choc Latte and big price. Quinonez says this 2nd time starter is live

On my way to Wash D. C. , for the weekend. Good luck to all! Wish I still had that Lincoln bedroom privilege!
    edited February 2012
    If the weather is ok tonight at Fair Grounds and it stays on turf, race 2 has #6 Ingenue, 5-1, who is back after damn near dying a while back. Her first out after the illness was better than expected, she ran 3rd, and Neil howard has her ready to go tonight. If she is fit as Howard thinks, she will jump out and never look back. This is a very good turf fillie and will be a player for the rest of the season for Howard. After this race tonight, Howard has her penciled in for graded stakes all the way thru Saratoga and possibly BC? This will probably be our only chance to get her at 5-1 or better?
    edited February 2012
    John----'zapper Belle ' Is In Race 9 Today...#2.....any Ideas On This One..????
    edited February 2012
    Well, she did improve alot in her last, but I just don't think the light has come on yet. I left her off my pick 4, and I really like Von Hemel's # 7 Chocolate Latte, at 12-1 or so, who word is was eliminated at start of first race but has come back to work very well. Luis Quinonez thinks she is a good one, and the price fits well with nightcap OP race results!
  • stevef22stevef22 Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Is #1 scratched in the 8th race? If so, just go with 6 and 8?
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    New day and another chance to hit the pick4 ?

6th---4/5/6/8 wide open affair and bad favorites

7th---2/4/5 and you can use these in ex & tri boxes

8th---1/6/8

9th---7/11 #7 is Choc Latte and big price. Quinonez says this 2nd time starter is live

On my way to Wash D. C. , for the weekend. Good luck to all! Wish I still had that Lincoln bedroom privilege!

John you gave up on Zapper Belle,she did improve last race.I would hate for her to beat you in the last leg.Good luck safe traveling.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Houdini wrote: »
    John you gave up on Zapper Belle,she did improve last race.I would hate for her to beat you in the last leg.Good luck safe traveling.

Zapper Belle wires the field at 7/1.
    edited February 2012
    Houdini wrote: »
    Zapper Belle wires the field at 7/1.
    GREAT RACE....JOHN....GOT TO STAY WITH WHAT BRINGS YA......NICE PRICE PLUS EXOTICS.....I GOT SOME!!!!!
    edited February 2012
    Today---sat.

R1----richard Says Its A Tough One....bet Something Over 5-1...track Play Or Wheel To #2 In Race 2.....
    R2----2....strong Play..
    R3---5...
    R4---1
    R5---1
    R7----4...whiteds Best In Barn....arkie Bred...400 W/p...key Top/bot
    R8---6...assmans...300 Wps..key Top/bot
    R9----1...strong With The 2,5,8......
  • LARRYKLARRYK Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks - caught #2-7-9 races - - - -

missed the ex in the 9th with a true nose - - -

lk