Kentucky Oaks/Derby 2012 Info

Comments

• SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Creative Cause could be the overlooked horse. I think he could be 8 or 9-1.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    from Churchill Downs' Barn Notes:

TOP TWO FROM ARKANSAS DERBY SETTLE IN AT CHURCHILL DOWNS – The top-two finishers in last Saturday’s $1 million Arkansas Derby (Grade I) at Oaklawn Park arrived at Churchill Downs in good order Monday afternoon to continue their preparations for the 138th running of the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI), which is to be run beneath the Twin Spires on Saturday, May 5.

Zayat Stables LLC’s Bodemeister, the 9 1/2-length winner of the Arkansas Derby in just his fourth career start, spent his first morning at Churchill Downs walking the shedrow of Barn 33. The bay son of Empire Maker then returned to Stall 28 full of energy.

"Bodemeister is sharp,” assistant trainer Peter Hutton said. “He’s loaded with energy and has been bucking and kicking in his stall. He’s in great shape.”

Bodemeister, named after trainer Bob Baffert’s son Bode, will attempt to become the first Kentucky Derby winner to have not raced as a 2-year-old since Apollo in 1882. He was second in his career debut at Santa Anita in January prior to a 9 ¼-length romp in a one mile maiden special weight at the same track. In his stakes debut, Bodemeister finished second behind another top Kentucky Derby contender Creative Cause in the San Felipe (GII).

Karl Watson, Mike Pegram and Paul Weitman’s Secret Circle, second behind his stablemate in the Arkansas Derby, also walked the shedrow Tuesday morning. Winner of the inaugural running of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint, which took place over the Churchill Downs oval, Secret Circle captured the Southwest (GIII) and Rebel (GII) at Oaklawn Park prior to his runner-up effort in the Arkansas Derby.

“Both colts are doing very well,” Hutton said. “There’s a chance that they will walk one more day, but more than likely they will both jog tomorrow (Wednesday).”

Two horses from the Baffert barn that did visit the track Tuesday were Peachtree Stable’s Mamma Kimbo, who will be pointed to the $1 million Kentucky Oaks (GI) on Friday, May 4 after her victory in the Fantasy (GII) at Oaklawn Park, and Gillian Campbell, R Group Management Ltd. and Greenwood Lodge Farm’s Jemima’s Pearl, who was third behind her stablemate in the Fantasy.

“The fillies are both doing really well,” Hutton said. “Everything is good.”

Hutton noted that while training plans have not been finalized at this time, he expects each horse to have just one work at Churchill Downs prior to making his or her next start. The works are expected to take place between April 27-29.

ON FIRE BABY ARRIVES FOR KENTUCKY OAKS BID – Anita Cauley’s homebred On Fire Baby, who became just the seventh filly to complete the Pocahontas-Golden Rod double at Churchill Downs in the fall, arrived back at her Louisville home Monday afternoon and was settled in at Gary Hartlage’s Barn 37 in the first stall Tuesday morning.

On Fire Baby, a gray daughter of Smoke Glacken, walked the shedrow Tuesday morning and is scheduled to jog prior to the renovation break on Wednesday.

“She shipped well and she’s doing well,” Hartlage said. “She’ll go to the track tomorrow (Wednesday) to jog.”

On Fire Baby began her 3-year-old campaign against males and finished third as the favorite behind Junebugred and Reckless Jerry in the Smarty Jones at Oaklawn Park. She rebounded from that effort to take the Honeybee (GIII) by two lengths. Hartlage said On Fire Baby will most likely work sometime this weekend, but is unsure of the exact day.

“It’s going to depend on the weather and how she trains her first couple of days on the track,” Hartlage said.

Bred in Kentucky, On Fire Baby is a half-sister to High Heels, who captured the Fantasy (GII) at Oaklawn prior to finishing third to eventual Belmont Stakes (GI) winner Rags to Riches in the Kentucky Oaks (GI). Hartlage has thought highly of On Fire Baby since the day she came into his barn.

“She just keeps getting better,” Hartlage said. “She’s going to be one of the top horses all year long.”

BARN TALK - Expected to arrive at Churchill Downs from Keeneland on Tuesday between 5-5:30 p.m. (ET) is the Larry Jones-trained trio of Kentucky Derby (GI) hopeful Mark Valeski, Kentucky Oaks (GI) hopeful Believe You Can and reigning Horse of the Year Havre de Grace, who is being pointed to the $300,000-added La Troienne Presented by Steelcase (GII) on the Kentucky Oaks undercard on May 4. The three horses will be stabled in Barn 35. …

Donegal Racing’s Dullahan visited the track Tuesday morning for the first time since his victory in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass (GI) at Keeneland. Dullahan, a half-brother to 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird, jogged a mile around the Churchill Downs oval at 9:20 a.m. He is expected to breeze on April 28 in what will be his final major training move in preparation for the Derby.

Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC’s Sabercat arrived at Churchill Downs on Monday afternoon following a flight from Arkansas that included Bodemeister and Secret. He will be stabled in Barn 38 for trainer Steve Asmussen. …

Trainer Hamilton Smith reported that Illinois Derby (GIII) winner Done Talking will breeze at Laurel Park on April 21 and April 28 and then van to Churchill Downs on April 29. The Skeedattle Stable-owned colt will be ridden by Sheldon Russell in Kentucky Derby 138. …

Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin reported Godolphin Stable LLC’s Alpha galloped Tuesday morning at Belmont Park and his leg infection is under control. The Wood Memorial runner-up could ship to Churchill Downs as early as the end of the week; however, he could arrive as late as April 30. …

Bill Cubbedge and Mike Lauffer’s Shackleford, winner of last year’s Preakness (GI) and most recently third in the Carter (GI) at Aqueduct, will make his next start in the $400,000-added Churchill Downs Presented by Navistar (GII) on the Kentucky Derby Day undercard according to Baldemar Bahena, assistant trainer to Dale Romans.

Fred Bradley, Buff Bradley, Carl Hurst and Brent Burns’ Groupie Doll, who captured the Vinery Madison (GI) at Keeneland on April 12, will make her next start in the $300,000-added Humana Distaff (GI) on the Kentucky Derby Day undercard according to trainer Buff Bradley.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Are they really gonna run Secret Circle in the Derby? Seems like they'd be much better off giving him a freshening and running him in the Riva Ridge on Belmont Day, or perhaps the Met Mile.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    Are they really gonna run Secret Circle in the Derby? Seems like they'd be much better off giving him a freshening and running him in the Riva Ridge on Belmont Day, or perhaps the Met Mile.

If Castaway wins the Lex he will go to the Derby and Secret Circle will sit IMO.
    edited April 2012
    John Oxley's Prospective, sixth in the Grade 1 Blue Grass on April 14, galloped 1 1/2 miles at Churchill Downs prior to the renovation break Wednesday morning. Assistant trainer Norman Casse confirmed via text that Prospective will start in Kentucky Derby 138 and Luis Contreras will have the mount
    edited April 2012
    Desormeaux is one of six riders to win the Run for the Roses three times and only fellow Racing Hall of Famers Eddie Arcaro (five), Bill Hartack (five) and Bill Shoemaker (four) have won more. Desormeaux won on Real Quiet (1998), Fusaichi Pegasus (2000) and Big Brown (2008).

"(Dullahan) finishes better than the other three," Desormeaux said when asked to compare the son of Even the Score to his Derby winners at this stage of their careers. "With Fusaichi Pegasus, I had a dream trip and never cocked my stick. Every time I'd move for a hole, it would open so wide you could drive a Mack Truck through it."

Desormeaux also likes the versatility of Dullahan.

"The other day (in the Blue Grass), he was with the pack for the first 100 feet, but I elected to take him back," Desormeaux explained. "I think he can be right in the thick of it; I'm not afraid of that."

In Dullahan's most recent start at Churchill Downs, he finished fourth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile after being bumped at the start and forced to the back of the 13-horse field.

"He made a seven-eighths (of a mile) run that day," Desormeaux said. "I know one thing about him; at the quarter-pole he's not going to raise the white flag. It will be more like the red flag to start the race."
    edited April 2012
    Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners and Gary Barber’s In Lingerie has been confirmed to start in the May 4 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.

Jockey John Velazquez, who guided In Lingerie to a six-length triumph in the March 26 Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) at Turfway Park, has committed to ride the daughter of Empire Maker in the Kentucky Oaks for trainer Todd Pletcher. In Lingerie, in spite of just three lifetime starts, is expected to be a solid contender in the $1 million event for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles.

Bred in Kentucky by Colts Neck Stables, In Lingerie was privately acquired by Eclipse and Barber from previous owner Warren Lyster after the filly won her career debut at Turfway Park in January by 6 1/4 lengths. She was transferred from the barn of Stephen Lyster to the care of Pletcher, who has now saddled her twice.

In Lingerie was a troubled second behind Zo Impressive in a Gulfstream Park allowance race Feb. 25, and then came back to decisively win the Bourbonette, which marked her first start around two turns. She now has career earnings of $82,265.

“After huddling up with Todd (Pletcher) and our partner, Gary (Barber), we decided unanimously that running In Lingerie in the Oaks was a calculated risk worth taking,” said Eclipse president Aron Wellman, a former attorney and one-time vice president of Team Valor International. “In Lingerie is an extremely talented yet relatively unseasoned filly.

“She’s training exceptionally well, her numbers are progressive and well within striking distance of the top fillies pointed for the race, she will appreciate the distance, and she seems to really be coming into her own at the moment," Wellman added. "Add the fact that we’ve got John (Velazquez) on board and we believe we’d be headed to Louisville with a legitimate contender.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69025/in-lingerie-confirmed-for-kentucky-oaks#ixzz1sTAYrro8
    edited April 2012
    Four-time stakes winner Secret Circle, most recently runner-up to stablemate Bodemeister in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I), will miss up to four months with a sesamoid injury, co-owner Mike Pegram confirmed April 19.

Pegram, who co-owns the son of Eddington with Karl Watson and Paul Weitman, said Secret Circle will not require surgery. He is hopeful the colt could return to training in August for Bob Baffert. The injury was discovered a couple days after he finished 9 1/2 lengths back of Bodemeister in the April 14 Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park.

Secret Circle had been pointing to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).

“It’s a sesamoid problem but we got lucky because he won’t need surgery,” Pegram said. “I honestly think he had a chance (in the Derby). I know a lot of people didn’t think so, but any time you’re five-for-seven and have made a million dollars you’re a legitimate horse.

“We misnamed him; we should have named him Rodney (as in Dangerfield). He’s just a neat little horse, that’s all I can say. He’s been a pleasure to be around and I look forward to bringing him back next year.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69058/injured-secret-circle-out-of-derby#ixzz1sWGsXLw9
    edited April 2012
    Undefeated Princess Arabella, decisive winner of the Sunland Park Oaks, will not advance to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Any Given Saturday will instead be retired due to an inflamed tendon, according to trainer Bob Baffert.

Owned by John Fort’s Peachtree Stable, Princess Arabella has won three times in as many starts. She broke her maiden by 3 1/2 lengths at Santa Anita Park in December, followed by 3 1/2-length allowance win at the California track Feb. 12. The chestnut filly rolled to an impressive eight-length victory in the Sunland Park Oaks, which was her most recent start.

“She has a small, soft tissue injury that was going to need six to seven months off, and with a filly of that value, you don’t want to take the risk (of putting her back in training),” Baffert said during an interview on HRTV April 19. “It’s a shame because she was such a brilliant filly, and it’s a big blow to the Baffert barn because it’s a freaky thing when you get a horse like that.”

Fort was also quick to sing Princess Arabella’s praises.

“I’ve been horse racing for 35 years and I’ve never been around a horse that was so explosively brilliant as Princess Arabella,” said Fort, who also owns last year’s Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Plum Pretty.

“When the word would get out at Santa Anita that (Princess Arabella) was going out for a gallop, 100 people would be standing around watching,” Fort said. “She just exploded around the track, and when she worked, it was like, ‘Oh my God, Martin (Garcia), don’t let her go too fast.’ She’s 16’2, she has speed from the gate, the finish, wherever you ask her for it. She’s just a big, gorgeous, rangy filly.

“It’s sad for me and the Thoroughbred industry that when we finally get it completely right, there’s this mystifying injury that rears its ugly head. I just hope she has a lot of beautiful babies.”

Bred by Greenwich Cattle Company, Princess Arabella is out of the Thunder Gulch mare Tortuga Lady. She retires with earnings of $188,400.

The filly is boarded at the Taylor family’s Taylor Made Stallions near Nicholasville, Ky. Fort said he has a season to Tapit and will breed Princess Arabella this year if possible.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69055/undefeated-princess-arabella-retired#ixzz1sWHBsE80
    edited April 2012
    Horrible news.
    edited April 2012
    Edited Churchill Downs press notes

A number of contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) continued their preparations April 19 at Churchill Downs.

One of the first Derby contenders on the track Thursday morning was Zayat Stables’s Bodemeister, who is now considered one of the favorites following his breakout performance in the April 14 Arkansas Derby (gr. I). The bay son of Empire Maker jogged a mile shortly after the track opened under Peter Hutton, assistant to trainer Bob Baffert. Hutton said Bodemeister will gallop Friday shortly after 6 a.m.

A trio of Derby contenders galloped after the break Thursday morning.

John Oxley’s Prospective, winner of the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) in March, galloped 1 1/2 miles under exercise rider Juan Bernardini. After a disappointing sixth-place finish in the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) at Keeneland in his last start, Prospective was considered to be only 50/50 to enter the Derby; however, assistant trainer Norm Casse confirmed that Prospective will run.

“We wanted to see how he came out of the Blue Grass and he galloped great yesterday (Wednesday),” Casse said. “Ultimately, the decision was up to Mr. Oxley and he wanted to run.”

Brereton Jones’ homebred Mark Valeski, second in both the Risen Star (gr. II) and Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds, galloped a 1 1/4 miles under trainer Larry Jones, who confirmed the bay son of Proud Citizen will breeze at Churchill on April 23 after the renovation break. Rosie Napravnik, who will ride Mark Valeski in the Derby, will be aboard for the work.

Donegal Racing’s Blue Grass winner Dullahan visited the track for a 1 1/2-mile gallop under exercise rider Faustino Aguilar. Dullahan is expected to work for the first time since his Blue Grass triumph on April 28.

At nearby Trackside Training Center, Dr. Kendall Hansen and Sky Chai Racing’s Hansen galloped a 1 1/4 miles. Hansen finished second, 1 1/4-lengths behind Dullahan, in the Blue Grass.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69068/april-19-kentucky-derby-notes#ixzz1sWkmOsvp
    edited April 2012
    At Keeneland, Union Rags worked furlongs in :47.50, breezing. Keeneland reported in a tweet that his splits were :12.06, :24.03 and :35.81. He galloped out five furlongs in 1:00 and six in 1:15.12.

Keeneland clocker Stephen Skaggs said Union Rags "covers a lot of ground, (has a) huge stride and did not get hot."
    edited April 2012
    El Padrino going five furlongs at Palm Meadows in 100.48, breezing in company with stakes winner Hudson Steele, and out six furlongs in what is described as a "strong" 1:13.24.

LGS Racing tweeted that splits were :13.20, :25.40 and :37.20 with a gallop-out times of 1:13.20, 1:26.80 and 1:41.60. "Everybody is very happy," the tweet said.

Don't let this colt slip past you on Derby Day!!!!!!!
    edited April 2012
    Gemologist went five furlongs timed by Mike Welsch of Daily Racing Form in 1:00.84, breezing. Welsch tweeted that Gemologist went in company with Overdriven and was out six furlongs in 1:14.13.
    edited April 2012
    But trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said that Alpha is recovering and Godolphin Racing's son of Bernardini is scheduled to fly to Louisville April 30. The bay colt is expected to turn in his final serious work at Belmont Park before shipping out.

“He’s doing really well,” McLaughlin said April 20. “We’re not out of the woods yet, but we’re doing well. Most likely we’re working him just once, here. We have him on the flight on the 30th, so we would probably work the 28th.”

McLaughlin did not rule out an earlier work for Alpha, who won both the Count Fleet and the Withers (gr. III) at Aqueduct this winter prior to the Wood.

“There’s also a chance we could work in the next two days, it’s just a gut feeling, and we’ll see about the weather,” McLaughlin said.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69096/alpha-back-on-schedule-for-derby-start#ixzz1scJnERx5
    edited April 2012
    “I thought he went well,” Matz said “I just wanted a nice half-mile and he galloped out well. It was nothing spectacular but he went well.”

Matz said the colt will have a shorter tuneup before the Derby, either on April 28 or April 30. The weather will determine which day the colt breezes.

“He will have one more work (at Churchill Downs) and it will be a little more serious,” said Matz, who won the 2006 Derby with Barbaro. “We’re just trying to keep him maintained… We’ll ask more of him just before the Derby.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69085/union-rags-works-half-mile-at-keeneland#ixzz1scNDTyNd
    edited April 2012
    "I think with I'll Have Another, he's got an amazing stride, he's got a stride of a much taller horse," he said. "He can gallop high and you can't hear him go by. He's just got tremendous air and he's got that something that you can't pick out of a pasture. He's just got that will, he's so competitive and there may be some horses that are more talented than him but, man, there can't be many out there that has his kind of drive to be first to the wire and be a leader ahead of the followers.

"So even in the Santa Anita Derby going at a mile and eight, he still had something left at the end there and so I don't think the mile and a quarter will be a problem," O'Neill added.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69060/ill-have-another-breezes-at-hollywood#ixzz1scQREdCv
    edited April 2012
    Gillian Campbell, R Group Management Ltd. and Greenwood Lodge Farm’s Summer Applause, narrowly defeated by Believe You Can in the Fair Grounds Oaks (GII) on March 31, breezed a bullet five furlongs in :59.60 on Friday morning at Churchill Downs for trainer Bret Calhoun to continue her preparations for the May 4 Kentucky Oaks.

Working under jockey Miguel Mena, Summer Applause recorded fractions of :12.20, :23.60, :35.40 and :47.60 and galloped out six furlongs in 1:12.80 and seven furlongs in 1:27.20.

“She couldn’t have worked any better,” assistant trainer Dennis “Peaches” Geier said. “She was very relaxed and worked really well.”
    After the move, her connections announced Summer Applause would have a new rider on Oaks Day.

A 3-year-old daughter of Harlan’s Holiday, Summer Applause had a record of 2-2-0 in four starts at the Fair Grounds meet, including a victory in the Rachel Alexandra (GIII) in February. Summer Applause was ridden by Robby Albarado in all four of those starts, but Garret Gomez will be in the saddle for the Kentucky Oaks.
    Gomez fractured his left heel when he was thrown from his mount in the paddock at Santa Anita on Jan. 8 and did not return to full-time action until March 22.

“When he’s healthy he’s one of the top-two riders in the country,” Geier said.
    Gomez won the 2007 Kentucky Oaks aboard Rags to Riches.

Bred in Kentucky by Greenwood Lodge Farm Inc., Summer Applause has a career record of 3-2-0 from six starts and earnings of $302,906. Her lone off-the-board finish came in her career debut at Woodbine while she was under the care of trainer Josie Carroll.

“We’re starting to get excited,” Geier said. “She has a legitimate chance to win.”
    Geier said Summer Applause will have her final work prior to the Oaks next Friday.
    edited April 2012
    Trinniberg, winner of the Grade 3 Swale and Grade 3 Bay Shore this year, will run in the Kentucky Derby, said owner Shivananda Parbhoo on Saturday.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    reveron out of derby picture . he was 23rd on graded earnings list
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Trinniberg, winner of the Grade 3 Swale and Grade 3 Bay Shore this year, will run in the Kentucky Derby, said owner Shivananda Parbhoo on Saturday.

Couldn't be more happier that this horse in running in the derby!!!!
    edited April 2012
    Velazquez said the colt continues to want to let up on his intensity level when he gets even with another horse, as he did in the workout, and that he has to encourage Went The Day Well to dig in at that point.

“After the wire, I asked him to do a little more to get away from the other horse (Crimson China),” the jockey said. “When he got next to the other horse he was just galloping and content to be next to the other horse and not doing enough.”

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69107/went-the-day-well-breezes-at-rainy-keeneland#ixzz1shELbb9w
    edited April 2012
    “We’re staying home; she’s had a hard campaign all year,” said trainer Walther Solis of the 3-year-old daughter of Awesome Gambler, who is owned by the partnership of breeder Terry Lovingier, Phil Daniels, Patsy London, and John Winters.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68866/willa-b-awesome-to-skip-kentucky-oaks#ixzz1shEzVUCJ
    edited April 2012
    From Sheldon Russell on Done Talking work below.

Done talking worked like a horse on a mission this morning!
    edited April 2012
    Brereton Jones’ Mark Valeski, runner-up in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) and Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), drilled five furlongs in :59 3/5 at Churchill Downs April 23 for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).

Trained by Larry Jones, the son of Proud Citizen worked in company with Hamiltonian, rattling off fractions of :12 3/5, :24 1/5, :36, and :47 1/5. He was a length in front at the wire, then galloped out six furlongs in 1:14 3/5.

Mark Valeski burst on the Derby scene when he was beaten a nose by El Padrino in the Risen Star in his first start around two turns. Sent off as the 3-2 favorite as part of an entry with Mr. Bowling in the Louisiana Derby, he was upset by mega-longshot Hero of Order after losing a shoe prior to or early in the race.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69160/mark-valeski-works-sharp-5f-for-derby#ixzz1ssldO5Qh
    edited April 2012
    Daddy Nose Best and Sabercat, both trained by Steve Asmussen, turned in solid works April 23 for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).

Daddy Nose Best, winner of the El Camino Real Derby (gr. II) and Sunland Derby (gr. II) in his only two starts this year, was out first at Churchill Downs, working six furlongs in 1:14 in company with stakes-placed Z Dager.

The son of Scat Daddy , owned by Cathy and Bob Zollars, went in fractions of :13, :25 2/5, :37 3/5, :50, and 1:01 4/5 and came home his final eighth in :12 1/5, finishing one length ahead of Z Dager. He then galloped out seven furlongs in 1:27 1/5.

Sabercat, winner of the Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) last year and third in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I) in his last start, came out in the next set and worked five furlongs in 1:02 4/5 in company with Major Hope. The son of Bluegrass Cat , owned by Winchell Thoroughbreds, went in fractions of :13 2/5, :26, :38 2/5. :50 3/5, out six panels in 1:16 2/5.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69157/asmussen-pair-work-for-kentucky-derby#ixzz1ssm0Riab
    edited April 2012
    After a strong gallop Sun a.m. at Belmont, Alpha just walks shed Monday. "We're treating yesterday like a work day," said asst Art Magnuson
    edited April 2012
    Rafael Bejarano will ride El Padrino in the Kentucky Derby, according to trainer Todd Pletcher
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    FB: Dullahan's Dosage Index is 4.2. Any concerns about it exceeding 4.
  • Race606Race606 Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Jerman wrote: »
    FB: Dullahan's Dosage Index is 4.2. Any concerns about it exceeding 4.

His 1/2 brother, Mine That Bird was even higher.....his CD is under 100....there have been winners with a DI of over 4 but unless I'm mistaken there's never been a winner with a CD over 100...
    not to worry