Attending Belmont????

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Who at this time is definitely heading to The Belmont. I received the green light tonight from my wife and I'm just trying to find a buddy to roll with me. Looks as I will be staying at a hotel near JFK airport. I haven't purchased tickets as of now but will be locking them in by Friday. Let me know where you all are sitting or if you all want to get near each other for this event. I sent John G an email and it would be great for us to meet at the sight of seeing the newest Triple Crown Winner along with a great day of racing as well.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Who at this time is definitely heading to The Belmont. I received the green light tonight from my wife and I'm just trying to find a buddy to roll with me. Looks as I will be staying at a hotel near JFK airport. I haven't purchased tickets as of now but will be locking them in by Friday. Let me know where you all are sitting or if you all want to get near each other for this event. I sent John G an email and it would be great for us to meet at the sight of seeing the newest Triple Crown Winner along with a great day of racing as well.

I'll be there. Staying @ a hotel near La Guardia (Plaza something). Doing 2 nights in the Hamptons staying with a friend's relatives then making our way towards Elmont early Saturday morning.

I too have yet to purchase tickets. I feel they are over priced on StubHub right now and am hoping for them to come down a bit. I'll likely be somewhere in the grandstand near the 8th pole.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on affordable tickets.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'll be there. Staying @ a hotel near La Guardia (Plaza something). Doing 2 nights in the Hamptons staying with a friend's relatives then making our way towards Elmont early Saturday morning.

I too have yet to purchase tickets. I feel they are over priced on StubHub right now and am hoping for them to come down a bit. I'll likely be somewhere in the grandstand near the 8th pole.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on affordable tickets.

What is your price range on tickets?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I have a Vegas bachelor that weekend. Not the worst to be, but otherwise I was all over that offer. Thanks anyways.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Will let ya'll know later today. Unfortunately, like alot of us lately, I have a family member in bad shape.
    edited May 2012
    What is your price range on tickets?

$150-$200 each (Need 3). I'd go a touch over $200 for great seats.

Dropping 3 grand on my bar application and prep course has murdered my bank roll.

JG, sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my prayers.
    edited May 2012
    Some good tickets are starting to show up on ebay. But they are in the 600--800 range. 2nd floor clubhouse sect d type stuff. I sent Ken a e-mail and we are going to make a decision by next mon or tuesday. Got my wife looking into package deals through Amex and other reputable tour companies. Trying to find a package with hotel, Belmont tickets, transfers, and maybe a Mets ballgame on Friday night. Will keep you advised.

I'm still hopeful that we can find 2nd floor clubhouse or preferred grandstand for under $500.00.
    edited May 2012
    I'm looking at Mets/Yanks tickets in the delta suite on that Friday night before Belmont for around $300.00 bill each. Was also told by someone that has been to every Belmont for the last 24 years to sit between the 1/8th pole and 1/16th pole as you will have a great view. He says the 3rd floor grandstand or clubhouse you cannot go wrong with it.

Flyin needs 3, I will probably need 2 and John looks at this time needs 1. So we could lock up a whole box of 6 for our crew. I will start looking for 6 together if you all would like. If we can confirm this by Monday or Tuesday of next week I will purchase them and you all square me up in New York.

fb
    edited May 2012
    I'm looking at Mets/Yanks tickets in the delta suite on that Friday night before Belmont for around $300.00 bill each. Was also told by someone that has been to every Belmont for the last 24 years to sit between the 1/8th pole and 1/16th pole as you will have a great view. He says the 3rd floor grandstand or clubhouse you cannot go wrong with it.

Flyin needs 3, I will probably need 2 and John looks at this time needs 1. So we could lock up a whole box of 6 for our crew. I will start looking for 6 together if you all would like. If we can confirm this by Monday or Tuesday of next week I will purchase them and you all square me up in New York.

fb

As long as it falls in my price range consider myself and my two buddies game. Can also quickpay or paypal the money sooner if you'd like. Let me know if you have any luck.
    edited May 2012
    Third Floor Grandstand V

Seat info: Row V | Seats 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Quantity: 246 Your seats will be together

How you'll get

your tickets: Electronic - Instant Download ($4.95 USD)

Download your tickets and print them yourself

Ground shipping is not available for your address [Why?]

When you'll get

your tickets: Available for download within minutes of placing your order

Price per ticket: $269.00

Prices are set by sellers and may be higher than face value
    edited May 2012
    This came from a friend of mine that lives in NY and he stated the following below.

Hey Kenny -

We will be in Section 3V Row 04

I have been sitting in this area for 25 years. In my opinion the best seats are in the third deck near the 1/8 th pole, which is where I am. The Belmont is usually won or lost on the turn, and these are the best seats to see it happen.
    edited May 2012
    Stubhub has 6 in 3rd Floor GStand U Row R @ $195 per as well.
    The $269/per ticket is going to be a tad rich for our blood.

Row V is going to be pretty high up there.
    The Section U seats bring us 1 section closer to the 16th pole and about 4 rows down.
    edited May 2012
    Stubhub has 6 in 3rd Floor GStand U Row R @ $195 per as well.
    The $269/per ticket is going to be a tad rich for our blood.

Row V is going to be pretty high up there.
    The Section U seats bring us 1 section closer to the 16th pole and about 4 rows down.

Look I'm working on all outs at this time for us. You all give me $600.00 in NY and I will cover the rest if I can come up with something better for us. If I can get a firm commitment from my buddy I will lock us in soon.
    edited May 2012
    Look I'm working on all outs at this time for us. You all give me $600.00 in NY and I will cover the rest if I can come up with something better for us. If I can get a firm commitment from my buddy I will lock us in soon.

Consider us in :drinking:
    edited May 2012
    Consider us in :drinking:

10-4
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'll be there. Some place on the 3rd floor, round the eighth pole.
    edited May 2012
    What is the difference between the clubhouse and preferred grandstand.
    edited May 2012
    What is the difference between the clubhouse and preferred grandstand.

Been looking around and haven't had much luck. Clubhouse might just allow for access to the indoor clubhouse?
    edited May 2012
    Been looking around and haven't had much luck. Clubhouse might just allow for access to the indoor clubhouse?

The nyra site is horrible in defining the difference of the areas. I have called to no avail at this time.
    edited May 2012
    I just found this on Belmontstakes website:

Clubhouse Admission IS INCLUDED with all Reserved Seats Sales for the Belmont Stakes.

That completely voids my guess.
    edited May 2012
    Finally spoke to someone. The difference is listed below.

Grandstand - no tv monitors

Preferred Grandstand - No tv monitors and just closer to finish line

Clubouse - Tv monitors and on or past the finish line.
    edited May 2012
    Finally spoke to someone. The difference is listed below.

Grandstand - no tv monitors

Preferred Grandstand - No tv monitors and just closer to finish line

Clubouse - Tv monitors and on or past the finish line.

Amazing how such a simple clarification took an hour.
    You'd think their website would clearly lay out the differences between seating options.
    edited May 2012
    Amazing how such a simple clarification took an hour.
    You'd think their website would clearly lay out the differences between seating options.

Tv monitors don't mean anything to me as I will only be wagering on the Belmont card that day and drinking my ass off.
    edited May 2012
    After what I collected today on Golden Frontier, price doesn't matter!
    Just kidding---$5.00 winner does not quite pay for NYRA!

I'm open for anything you fellows want to do.---I prefer Clubhouse--but preferred grandstand is ok too.
    Let me know where you are staying( E-Mail) so we can get the logistics down.

Can't wait for a day in HISTORY!
    edited May 2012
    As far as monitors go--Belmont Park has a giant tv screen on the infield---not as big as Jerry's in the Dallas Dome---but pretty damned big. As long as were on the ledge, we can watch the infield monitor till the turn and then cast our eyes upon the live running!
    edited May 2012
    I will only be wagering on the Belmont card that day and drinking my ass off.

Amen. Whatever you guys want to do works for me.
  • rdpats04rdpats04 Member
    edited May 2012
    wife is ok with me going let me $ dollers you need
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Belmont Stakes Stubhub from $87 up 2775 tickets left.
    I would suggest using stubhub if you are catching the ballgame too. More likely you will pay under face value

I went to Belmont the year empire maker won. rained like holy hell but becuase funny cide was rolling it was packed. never again on a big race day for me. id rather watch on the bigscreen at home for those big days.
    edited May 2012
    What does 120,000 in attendance matter when you're watching history being made? Maybe?

ME
    I'm just takin a Greyhound down the Hudson River Line
    I'm in a New York STATE OF MIND!
    edited May 2012
    What does 120,000 in attendance matter when you're watching history being made? Maybe?

ME
    I'm just takin a Greyhound down the Hudson River Line
    I'm in a New York STATE OF MIND!

Only one of my friends are flying. Myself and my buddy Joe are driving all the way in from Illinois to Southampton. Going to be a long interesting weekend. Can't wait to bring home the first TC winner in my lifetime with none other than some of the HRT crew.

Also, it seems like prices went down over night on tickets across the board.
  • BobbyClineBobbyCline Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    I will be there. Going by myself, and staying in Jamacia, NY. Flying in Thursday from Ohio and staying until Sunday. Still looking for one ticket (Hoping they come down sooner to the race as stubhub is a little crazy right now) Im new to the forum, but have read most of the posts for the Derby and Preakness. I want to thank all of you for your great insight. I enjoy reading the posts!