Tu Endie Wei is coming to town...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Forgot to mention this earlier, but our favorite Canadian filly has been entered @ Belmont on Saturday. Thoughts?

I'm definitely willing to throw out her route races, but the last one (the turf sprint) concerns me. If she didn't like the surface (a bit soggy, perhaps?), then fine, but i haven't seen a replay or looked at the charts yet. Will be a big longshot off the dismal effort though, especially considering the tough competition here.

Suspect she might be capable of winning this, but i also suspect i may be biased because of the fact we've been following her for so long. Remember however that her older sister Biofuel always ran quite well @ Belmont, so she may indeed relish the new dirt surface.

Let's get some input here!

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    She was so flat in her last race!!! I'm real suprised that Baker is shipping cross country off that effort. Maybe something went array and wasn't published for the public. Baker isn;t a big shipper.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    that race if i remember correctly was her first try on turf so that can explain the lack of zip from
    t e w
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    The 2/5 favorite is 6-6 lifetime and has never even really been challenged. That said, she gives up weight and has the rail. She will be pressed from the outside, so maybe there is some hope of beating her. Tu Endie Wei would be a major surprise. She looks like she has been going in the wrong direction, and (this is my greatest knock) at least on the Beyer scale she has never gotten back to her career debut of 91. She ran that race as a young two year old. Looks like she ran way too fast in her debut and she has never been the same filly since. Plus she only gives 3 lbs. She's turf bred on top, so I don't know what she'll think of Belmont, but you will definitely get a price (finally) on her.

The best angle you have is that a sibling liked BEL. That's the type of stuff most of the betting public won't be aware of.

In summary, she's a longshot. I wouldn't bet her at any price, but if you do take a shot, good luck to you.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I'm real suprised that Baker is shipping cross country off that effort. Maybe something went array and wasn't published for the public. Baker isn;t a big shipper.

That's exactly what i'm thinking. Why would he suddenly ship her to Belmont for a graded stakes NOW, when she's coming off the worst race of her career? It's not like they've gone out of their way to ship her out of Woodbine previously, in fact, they even passed on the Breeders Cup after she threw in the clunker @ Keeneland. But now they're stepping her way up in class off the bad race (two straight losses, in fact), after being overly-conservative with her up to now? Why?? There must be a reason, i think.

PS - Draw a line through all of Tu Endie Wei's route starts, and also the turf race over a "good" surface. See what you come up with.
  • wheatinawheatina Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    She was so flat in her last race!!! I'm real suprised that Baker is shipping cross country off that effort. Maybe something went array and wasn't published for the public. Baker isn;t a big shipper.

Toronto is not " cross country " or even close.
    edited July 2012
    That's exactly what i'm thinking. Why would he suddenly ship her to Belmont for a graded stakes NOW, when she's coming off the worst race of her career? It's not like they've gone out of their way to ship her out of Woodbine previously, in fact, they even passed on the Breeders Cup after she threw in the clunker @ Keeneland. But now they're stepping her way up in class off the bad race (two straight losses, in fact), after being overly-conservative with her up to now? Why?? There must be a reason, i think.

PS - Draw a line through all of Tu Endie Wei's route starts, and also the turf race over a "good" surface. See what you come up with.

I totally agree with you on all the above, now you thorw in 15/1!!!!!! She was training great down at Palm Meadows and he didn't run her down there or back at Kenneland???? This is the weirdest move I have ever seen by Baker. Agave Kiss is a stone cold runner and will be hard pressed to lose this race. One thing I have charted over the year is Woodbine shippers off poly never run well on dirt surfaces. I know she is coming off the weeds and worked strong at Palm Meadows. Maybe she is screaming for the dirt surface.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but our favorite Canadian filly has been entered @ Belmont on Saturday. Thoughts?

I'm definitely willing to throw out her route races, but the last one (the turf sprint) concerns me. If she didn't like the surface (a bit soggy, perhaps?), then fine, but i haven't seen a replay or looked at the charts yet. Will be a big longshot off the dismal effort though, especially considering the tough competition here.

Suspect she might be capable of winning this, but i also suspect i may be biased because of the fact we've been following her for so long. Remember however that her older sister Biofuel always ran quite well @ Belmont, so she may indeed relish the new dirt surface.

Let's get some input here!

The 2/5 favorite is 6-6 lifetime and has never even really been challenged

Agave Kiss 2/5 is just awesome ,This filly is Making a mark in the NYCircuit .... :yes:

real talk is that Tu Endie Wei can't beat her i don't see any other filly beating her,

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    This horse is the forum favorite. 15-1 have no choice but to play her
    edited July 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    This horse is the forum favorite. 15-1 have no choice but to play her

she could hit the board @15/1 for 2nd place should pay 7.40 , 3.80 to show

Good luck....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    KP-HR2k9 wrote: »
    she could hit the board @15/1 for 2nd place should pay 7.40 , 3.80 to show

Good luck....

Even if she does hit board and show I doubt she will pay $3.80 to show with Agave Kiss hitting the board. There is a good chance the bridge jumpers will be out in force today.
    edited July 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Even if she does hit board and show I doubt she will pay $3.80 to show with Agave Kiss hitting the board. There is a good chance the bridge jumpers will be out in force today.

agree probably $5.00 and $3.00 for place and show
    edited July 2012

Nah how bout $35.20 to win :)
    edited July 2012
    Nah how bout $35.20 to win :)

lol countdown is on 4:34 PT
    good luck 35.20 looks good for the Win.
    edited July 2012
    Can you say BOOM!!!!!!!! Longestshot on the board!!!!!!!!! C/O for Sunday
    edited July 2012

Probably $10.00 to show with A Kiss running off or maybe more!!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    330K on A kiss in the show pool!!!!!! Bridge Jumper just has jumped!!!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    Belmont Park - Race 8
    # Win Place Show

2 $80.00 $26.00 $61.00

3 . $7.60 $18.60

4 . . $25.60
    edited July 2012
    Wow the show bet was better than the win ticket would have been Nice!
    edited July 2012
    Can you say BOOM!!!!!!!! Longestshot on the board!!!!!!!!! C/O for Sunday

Booom!!! wow just got back from the store saw the replay wow

Agave kiss didn't run her race but wow what a nice price on the winner and Tu Endie Wei
    i love longshots like these :yes:
  • IH8PATDAYIH8PATDAY Member
    edited July 2012
    Dominguez proves once again he is not one of the elite riders. thanks to all for that show price.
    edited July 2012
    Wow the show bet was better than the win ticket

I felt like throwing up.........wait a minute, i still do
    edited July 2012
    Cmon DC this is your horse you didn't play her?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Cmon DC this is your horse you didn't play her?

Im assuming he played her to win and had no show money, but that is just an educated guess.
    edited July 2012
    I had $100 on her to win. No show bet.
    edited July 2012
    Dominguez not one of the elite riders? Because Agave Kiss didn't feel like running. Uh-huh. :huh:
    edited July 2012
    Check out Dominguez's ride on Desert Blanc in the G1 Manhattan this year. Also, while your at it, check is stats and then tell me if you think he's not an elite rider.
    edited July 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    Dominguez not one of the elite riders? Because Agave Kiss didn't feel like running. Uh-huh. :huh:

he sucks :wonder:with his BS Ride
    edited July 2012
    Sounds like somebody loaded up on the 1-5 shot in the show pool.

Look out below the 59th street bridge! Someone from horseracingtalk ain't feelin' so groovy!

:wacko:
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    IMO You can bet Ramon all you want and get between $3 and $6 to win anything more save your money. Not an elite rider.
    edited July 2012
    I don't bet on jockeys. I bet on horses.

But I got $14.80 multiplied by a lot on Belmont day thanks to a brilliant ride from Ramon Dominguez.:toast: