Will one of these 3 win the Ky Derby?

13»

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    noble tune wrote: »
    Hmmm.... Well hunch play coach cal doesn't lead his pre Madonna Wildcats past the hungry badgers Wisconsin money line!! Good luck.

This was very true.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    The following morning, his trainer, Clff Sise Jr., said Prospect Park had acted quiet in his stall in the hours leading up to the race, and though his temperature was normal, Sise said he suspects that “something was awry” and he was inclined to throw the race out.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    If that is the case, he has a health issue. Why press forward?

Just didn't see if everything went right from my eye. Not good enough to contend.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I think PP is on the bubble anyway?

After Ark Derby he won't have the points to get in anyway?

McPeek and Moquett are confidant they will run 2nd and 3rd behind Pharoah.

As Bachman-Turner Overdrive said "You Ain't seen nothing Yet"

Wait till you see Pharoah on Saturday!!!!!
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    John, keep us informed on AP, he's a freak, I have no doubt!
    edited April 2015
    I think PP is on the bubble anyway?

After Ark Derby he won't have the points to get in anyway?

McPeek and Moquett are confidant they will run 2nd and 3rd behind Pharoah.

As Bachman-Turner Overdrive said "You Ain't seen nothing Yet"

Wait till you see Pharoah on Saturday!!!!!

AP will have company on the front end this time IMO!! Did you all here Gary Young's comments on AP. He told Elliot Walden, that's he is the second coming of Seattle Slew via his eyes. This man knows horses through and through!!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    last night at hot springs rotary club meeting, frank was the speaker and said, "if you want to see history, come to oaklawn on saturday to see AP" he said from what he has been told, he could eventually be in the convo with the greats of all time.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    After watching again, I think PP hates being between horses and his race was over when Kent yanked on him entering the first turn. If he makes the Derby he's your Giacomo type.

Firing Line looks pretty good after yesterday too.

Exactly. Unless you count Mr. Z in the Los Al Futurity, Firing Line is the only horse who has been able to hang with Dortmund this year. He's been running away from everyone else.

Firing Line ran Dortmund to a neck decision twice in a row (proving it wasn't a fluke), then went down and beat a fairly decent horse (Why Two) by 14 lengths at Sunland, while setting a track record. Dortmund has since flattered Firing Line by posting impressive wins in the San Felipe and SA Derby.

These two are very close in my opinion. And you know what? Firing Line may be triple (perhaps even quadruple) Dortmund's price on Derby Day. I think he's easily the biggest value ion the race.

Another value-type horse to look at (in my opinion), is Mubtaahij. I was extremely impressed by his sudden acceleration in the UAE Derby when Christophe Soumillon pressed the button on him. Throw in the Churchill-surface angle that i mentioned previously i this thread, and also consider that his trainer (the exceptional Mike de Kock) has a ton of experience training horses for 1 1/4-mile (and longer) races, and i think we may have something here. And this horse should be 20/1or higher on raceday.

Have a look for yourselves...yellow silks on the inside:

[video]

Another quick note regarding Soumillon; he has experience riding horses in extremely large fields (like the Arc, for instance). That's gotta help.
    edited April 2015
    I rarely back a horse off a maiden win, but when DM won his maiden with ease at Gulfstream and then to come back and work like a beast before the Tamp Bay Derby I was like I'm going to back him in the Tampa Bay Derby over Carpe Diem. I thought Carpe might be a little short coming off the bench and the only horse I though that could run with him was DM. Well we all saw what happend and CD won for run and DM ran a very disappointing race. Here is what I read today about DM after the race.

From Mark Casse:

Two days after the Tampa Derby he started to lay down in his stall and did so for several days and was very listless walking the shed, which for a good-feeling horse like him is a major warning sign. They pulled blood on him and his white blood count was way out of whack, indicating he had been fighting off a viral infection at Tampa. That forced him to miss the Florida Derby, and as Casse said, when you get your butt whipped the way he did at Tampa, you normally wouldn’t come back in the Blue Grass against the horse that whipped you. But they felt confident that wasn’t the real Danzig Moon and they were proven right.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    FB

Of the 3 u mentioned I will not be any of them to win in the exotics
    I will will be surprised if any of the 3 will be in the first 3 spots

As for AP he is so overhyped that it will not surprise me if he does not live up to the
    Expectations of winning. Most never do and who wants a low priced favorite in one off the
    Difficult races to figure. If I am wrong there is always another day!
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    Trotman wrote: »
    FB

Of the 3 u mentioned I will not be any of them to win in the exotics
    I will will be surprised if any of the 3 will be in the first 3 spots

As for AP he is so overhyped that it will not surprise me if he does not live up to the
    Expectations of winning. Most never do and who wants a low priced favorite in one off the
    Difficult races to figure. If I am wrong there is always another day!
    This is a perfect example of why horse racing is such a fun game. I consider myself a experienced horse player and Trotman you are a senior member of a horse racing forum so I think it's safe to assume you are a experienced horse player. We both look at the same race and my top 3 horses are AP, Dortmund, Upstart in that order and you will be surprised if any of those 3 even hit the board . I may prove to be right or maybe you will end up being right but either way you gotta love this game !!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    And I still feel like Firing Line might like more distance.

Fuck yeah he did. Really a shame Line of David got hurt. He was gonna be a monster dirt horse. Firing Line is poised to have a big career from a mile to 1 1/4. He might be a good sire too.