Joe Talamo Bad Ride Thread

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited May 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Look at the stats, a good rider like Bejarano has 3x as many wins as places or shows. Talamo, a known anchor, has 3x as many thirds as wins and places. He just fucking sucks. Badly.

03/08/15 Race 9

Has a horse on the rail loaded, is suddenly 4 or 5 wide coming for home. Misses a nose. Costs Dirty $1,500

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

03/08/15 Race 9

Has a horse on the rail loaded, is suddenly 4 or 5 wide coming for home. Misses a nose. Costs Dirty $1,500

Does ANYBODY think Mike Smith would have lost on the 1 horse?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    I was on the same horse....can not believe he did not get him up!!
    edited March 2015
    Joey about Steve knapp after his "stakes" win today:

"You can put her in any spot and she's definitely a good horse," Talamo said. "It was a real nice race. I was able to save some ground on the turn, and she came out and just blasted off. I think Steve could have rode her today."

At least he's honest.
    edited March 2015
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I was on the same horse....can not believe he did not get him up!!

I believe it. Got so fucked in this race. I also had the 6 and 7. The 6 looked super live, then was a gate sct. so I got the 5 who I hated. Then the ride... All bad.
    edited March 2015
    Redemption time for Joey. I'm alive after 3 legs to All then Joey and one other horse in the 5th.
    edited March 2015
    3/12 12:49 A
    P5 1,4,6/4/3,4/1-6/3,7$0.50
    Total: $36.0
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    The Boyz are playing the Sadler horse in the 7th, #4 TALCO, and Victor rides. Question, how come Hronis racing has two in here both trained by sadler and they are not coupled? Must be a SoCal thing!
    edited March 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    3/12 12:49 A
    P5 1,4,6/4/3,4/1-6/3,7$0.50
    Total: $36.0

Looks like a nice little $625.00 winner!!!!

Joe "The Anchor" lives to screw us another day!!!
    edited March 2015
    Looks like a nice little $625.00 winner!!!!

Joe "The Anchor" lives to screw us another day!!!

The Anchor's lucky he was on the best horse. Nice finish though.
    edited March 2015
    Today's 6th at Santa Anita his ride on Moe Candy is a joke. Sits a dream trip on a loaded horse and can't get it done. Waited to play games with victor on the 2, cost himself the win.

On another note, I know we're getting all amped on American pharaoh, but he had been grenading the horse that won this MSW. Torching him. So another huge positive.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    The ANCHOR is on my buddies horse War Story, this horse has real problems leaving the gate and I hope for this once next Saturday in the La. Derby he can break real well and Joe give him a nice ride as this one loves to finish down the lane. This gelding has a lot of fight when engaged in battle down the lane.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    The ANCHOR is on my buddies horse War Story, this horse has real problems leaving the gate and I hope for this once next Saturday in the La. Derby he can break real well and Joe give him a nice ride as this one loves to finish down the lane. This gelding has a lot of fight when engaged in battle down the lane.

I know a guy who just bought 10% of this horse. Btw, there was a short piece in yesterday's DRF about War Story schooling from the gate.
    edited April 2015
    I'm gonna be nice because he won the race, and he's in the hospital, but he was supposed to go to the lead and win by open lengths in today's 4th. Checked in first turn and got up a neck....
    edited April 2015
    I made two bets today at SA. The first was an ex bx in the 3rd with Cal McLish, who, btw, is a good looking gray horse, just slow out of the gate. I hit the exacta and lost money when a 6/5 over a 9/5 came 1st & 2nd. Cal McLish ran 3rd the whole way around after breaking slow.

Then it went from bad to really bad. Race 5 I load up on the D'Amato horse, Sensitively, who looks like a winer on paper. My thoughts were that even the Anchor couldn't screw this one up. Low and behold he is in the hunt until they turn for home and hits a wall and runs DFL. Then falls and puts the Anchor in the hospital..

Not sure we can blame this one on Joe?
    edited May 2015
    Drunken thought...If Talamo is on a horse getting action.... It's Anchor Steam.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Running against winning prize and babli bal...
  • ebcordeebcorde Junior Member
    edited May 2015
    I never understood the fuss about him. yeah he smoked that Fairgrounds track that one year and BAM they moved him to California right away. I could say more but I'll get in trouble,I'm new here.
    edited May 2015
    ebcorde wrote: »
    I never understood the fuss about him. yeah he smoked that Fairgrounds track that one year and BAM they moved him to California right away. I could say more but I'll get in trouble,I'm new here.

Lol. No, feel free. I'll actually like you more.
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    ebcorde wrote: »

I agree with you ebcorde,actually of late is there any other type of ride for Mr.Talamo?!? And back at his start he had such a promising future in this Sport .I caught him good on Nashobas Key a few years back.But he really has not brought home much since the Kilroe a couple years ago?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    last time he won a huge race i think is when he was on sidney candy in the SA derby..im not a fan of the anchor..
  • TurferGirlTurferGirl Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    last time he won a huge race i think is when he was on sidney candy in the SA derby..im not a fan of the anchor..

Neither am I Ray',yes I remember that race and he won on him in The Fourstardave also,but this kid kind of backslid. He's talented and I hope he re-connects with his mojo.
    edited June 2015
    I expect to be updating this thread later, as he's on several REALLY live ones today.
    edited June 2015
    I sure hope I'm not the ass-end of the "Talamo Curse"

I just played him heavy w/p in the 8th

#7 Queen's Ballidier, 7/2

Make-up play CD last race---Peach Snapps W/p heavy!
    edited August 2015
    He fucking sucks.

Del Mar race 7 today. Horrible.

I hope the fucking amtrack hits him in solana beach.
    edited August 2015
    He fails on an easy winner in the last, too. I really don't understand letting him ride....
    edited August 2015
    Letting him ride love horses during a 1.5 million dollar p6 is insane. Detrimental to race. I would rather let Tyler eat a handful of Vicodin and drink a pint. Or eswan Flores on 4 hour sleep off a 6 day meth bender....or kent after his "carbonated water." Or PVAL being PVAL, but the Anchor - forget it.
    edited August 2015
    Somebody just dropped a bundle on #4 Gloryzapper, 2/5, in the 9th.
    If "The Anchor" screws this up we have another bad ride entry. I am already out of the late P 4 as Gary Stevens held on to defeat Talco in the 7th. I'm using Gloryzapper in an ex bx with 3--4--8.
    edited August 2015
    he put on a left handed clinic in there...also how good is the dreamologist maiden race...
    edited August 2015
    need the 9 in the final for 270$$
    edited August 2015
    rayphil wrote: »
    he put on a left handed clinic in there...also how good is the dreamologist maiden race...

Actually, one of the better rides Joe has ever had! Gloryzapper got mugged big time coming out of the gate and almost went down. Went to the rail and then scooted back out and started his run. Much the best horse, but for his bad start, he would have won by 7 or 8 lengths?