Page McKenney strikes again

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2017 in Horse Racing Forum
Nice horse, this one.

And he seems to be consistently underrated. Today, facing a horse he had already beaten (Souper Lucky), he went off @ 2/1 in a five-horse field while Souper Lucky (fresh off a 110 Beyer) got bet down to even-money.

Last time out, he went off @ 3/1 over several horses he had already beaten also...

Here's the replay.........keep your eye on this guy

Harrison E. Johnson Memorial S. at Laurel Park on Mar 21, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    Nice horse, this one.

And he seems to be consistently underrated. Today, facing a horse he had already beaten (Souper Lucky), he went off @ 2/1 in a five-horse field while Souper Lucky (fresh off a 110 Beyer) got bet down to even-money.

Last time out, he went off @ 3/1 over several horses he had already beaten also...

Harrison E. Johnson Memorial S. at Laurel Park on Mar 21, 2015 | Race Result | BloodHorse.com

He wasn't even ready and won last time. This time he was cranked.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Entered vs. Shared Belief this weekend.

Cross your fingers, guys...
    edited April 2015
    I'm surprised no one has commented on this.

Page McKenney is listed @ 20/1 ml, and i think he has a very legit chance to run second tomorrow. Nice exacta, if it comes in.

Go Page!!! :clover:
    edited April 2015

Page McKenney is listed @ 20/1 ml, and i think he has a very legit chance to run second tomorrow. Nice exacta, if it comes in.

I keep forgetting to bet this one. Doesn't everyone else?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2015

I like Page & A Rod. Will do small win bets and put both underneath SB in exotics.
    edited April 2015
    I'm not even going to bother with any win bets here. JUsdt conceding the rcae to SB and putting Page second in the exacta.

If SB somehow doesn't fire, and Page wins, i'm gonna be sick. I just can't see SB losing vs. this kind of field though. New surface is the only thing that might get him. Speaking of which, it's supposed to be sunny and clear all day.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm joining you guys with the SB on top of Page, but I also like Street Babe and added him to my exotics.
  • risky101risky101 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    5$ tri 4/5,7/5,6,7

1$super 4/2,5,7/2,5,6,7/2,5,6,7,9....my only plays of the day...good luck to all hoping general a rod shows up, loves his grit in the triple crown races last season, him and cc were the only 2 horses i think to run all 3 of them...
    edited April 2015
    Wow...shared belief....hope it was just an off day...
    edited April 2015
    I was video streaming the race and it was horrible - choppy then skipped sections. Last I heard was Imperative coming down the stretch chasing Moreno, then a pause followed by the call off the winning time. Never saw/found out what happened with Shared Belief . . .
    edited April 2015
    SB just was never confortable. Was pulled up about halfway through the race , was never better than 2nd to last i believe
  • SkyMaster7SkyMaster7 Banned
    edited April 2015
    Shared Belief was vanned off the track. Not sure of what the injury is or how serious ....
    edited April 2015
    Think they said soft tissue damage " nothing life threatning or career ending" cali chrome should come back , lol....bayern , been waiting for you to come back , where r u?
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »
    Think they said soft tissue damage " nothing life threatning or career ending" cali chrome should come back , lol....bayern , been waiting for you to come back , where r u?
    Glad to hear that they don't think it's career ending ....
    edited April 2015
    On a side note did you see the show payoffs ? $23 for Moreno and $71 for Imperative and $45 for Page McKenney ... WOW !!!

The super paid 20k with Vyjak running 4th. A pretty logical super to come up with by just throwing out SB.
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    The show numbers were great made a play on Page across the board....Thanks to all!
    edited April 2015
    FLYBYNIGHT wrote: »
    The show numbers were great made a play on Page across the board....Thanks to all!
    Congrats !!!!

You had to be loving that $45 payoff for the show !!!
    edited April 2015
    FLYBYNIGHT wrote: »

Congrats! :toast:
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    risky101 wrote: »

Bayern will be running on Derby day, last I heard!
    edited May 2015
    Just got a note from my friend Adam (who owns Page McKenney). Exercise rider says he's "never felt better". Big chance in today's Pimlico Special, I think. Totally ridiculous morning line, btw.
    edited May 2015
    Just got a note from my friend Adam (who owns Page McKenney). Exercise rider says he's "never felt better". Big chance in today's Pimlico Special, I think. Totally ridiculous morning line, btw.

All the prices will be adjusted with two big scratches. #Disappointing
    edited May 2015
    Page runs second @ 7/1. Nice exacta price behind Commissioner, too.
    edited June 2015
    Talked to Adam the other day. He said that Page is being pointed to Grade 3 Cornhusker Handicap @ Prairie Meadows on June 27th.

He also mentioned that Carve is likely the main competition in there.
    edited June 2015
    Nice horse, this one.

http://http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/92684/late-blooming-page-mckenney-hits-his-stride
    edited June 2015
    Hi Dirty - I couldn't get the link to work above . . . hopefully this link works (for those who are having a lazy internet session and don't want to search BH) :)
    edited June 2015
    shh10 wrote: »
    Hi Dirty - I couldn't get the link to work above . . . hopefully this link works (for those who are having a lazy internet session and don't want to search BH) :)

gracias. i was mobile.
    edited June 2015
    Page McKenney listed at 6/1 in the Cornhusker on Saturday Night. Still no respect on the ML!!
    edited June 2015
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Page McKenney listed at 6/1 in the Cornhusker on Saturday Night. Still no respect on the ML!!

Agreed. As best as i can tell, he's going to go off as the 4th choice. :yes:
    edited February 2016
    Wasn't favored today and ground out another victory.
    edited February 2016
    Yeah. He's a real gamer. The owner actually emailed me last night and asked me what i thought of his chances today, and i was dumb enough to tell him that i thought he might under-perform today (mostly because i'm not crazy about horses turning back into sprints off multiple routes, and also because i thought he was drawn poorly and might get buried and boxed in along the rail).

Glad to see him win. That kind of consistency, you just don't see in the horseracing world. Page is an absolute machine.