Derby 2009

peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Indygo Mt Entered On Thursday At The Fairgrounds In A Alw Race At One Mile .really Like This Colt Alot In The Future We Will See If He Likes 2 Turns.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    peacerules wrote: »
    Indygo Mt Entered On Thursday At The Fairgrounds In A Alw Race At One Mile .really Like This Colt Alot In The Future We Will See If He Likes 2 Turns.

Hey Peacerules, let's make a head to head wager on this race, I like Friesan Fire and you are high on Indygo Mt., your in?

FB
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Hey Fb Your On I Will Be Giving Up Experience But Maybe I Can Make Up In Talent.u Like All Of Larry Jones Horses Huh .hey Did U See The Race At Churchill Just Like The Way The Colt Did It In His Second Lifetime Start.sounds Like A Bet To Me Good Luck .
    edited December 2008
    What are we going to put on the line, just a gentleman's wager.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Thought you guys might enjoy this article...

from Bloodhorse:

In what has to be one of the strongest and deepest 2-year-old allowance fields ever assembled at Fair Grounds, nine juveniles will go to the post in Thursday’s one-mile test, several of whom have already excited fans with their dazzling performances.

The headliners are Indygo Mountain, the Bret Calhoun-trained son of A.P. Indy who demolished his opponents in a one-mile maiden event at Churchill Downs Nov. 19; stakes-placed Friesan Fire, whom trainer Larry Jones feels is one of the most promising young colt’s he’s ever had and who has been working lights out at Fair Grounds with the addition of blinkers; Doc’s Friend, another Jones-trained colt, who was third behind eventual Remsen (gr. II) winner Old Fashioned before breaking his maiden by 3 1/2 lengths; Map of the World, a Hennessy colt who broke his maiden at first asking at Keeneland before finishing third in a seven-furlong allowance race at Churchill in a swift 1:22 2/5; Uno Mas, a Steve Asmussen-trained son of Macho Uno, who dusted a maiden field by 4 1/4 lengths at Churchill Downs in his dirt debut; and the California invader Escalon, trained by Doug O’Neill, who finished third in the Cal Cup Juvenile and was beaten less than five lengths in both the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) and Real Quiet Stakes.

Indygo Mountain, owned by Clarence Scharbauer of Alysheba fame, finished second over Keeneland’s Polytrack in his career debut before breaking his maiden in magnificent style by 6 1/2 lengths in 1:35 2/5 for the mile. Scharbauer purchased the colt at the Keeneland September yearling sale for $600,000.

Friesan Fire, who is coming off a bullet breeze in :47 flat, fastest of 89 works at the distance, has responded to blinkers in the morning after finishing third in the Futurity Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont and fourth in the Nashua Stakes (gr. III). Jones will equip the son of A.P. Indy with blinkers for the first time, feeling the colt’s tendency to goof off in the stretch in his last two races greatly compromised his chances.

Jones, who also trains the exciting Old Fashioned, has entered Doc’s Friend, a son of Friends Lake, who has never been out of the money in four starts, all at Delaware Park and all at six furlongs or shorter.

Uno Mas began his career with two seconds at Arlington before breaking poorly and finishing sixth at Keeneland. Sent to Fair Grounds, he made his dirt debut and won going away after splitting rivals in the stretch.

Also entered are Code of Honour, a 4 3/4-length maiden winner at Remington Park; Devil Approved It, who will be making his eighth start, breaking his maiden by 3 3/4 lengths at Presque Isle Downs four starts back; and Southern Anthem, a three-length maiden winner at Churchill for a $30,000 claiming tag.
    edited December 2008
    Very Nice Article On These Promising Colts U Let Me Know Fb A Gentlemans Bet Is Fine With Me Or Whatever U Want To Bet.i Hope He Runs Better Than The Jones Filly The Other Night Lol.good Luck To U .who Do U Like Cat.
    edited December 2008
    Head to Head for a croaker, is that within your range? (LOL)
    edited December 2008
    Sure Lol What Makes U Like Jones Horse So Much The Blinkers Added I Watched Him Run In Both The Nasuha And The Futurity Bet Him In Both Of Them .where R U Located At.
    edited December 2008
    I want a crispy new one and email me, I will at fbwinners@aol.com and I will tell you where to FED-EX it over!!!!
    I live on the Ms Gulf Coast.

FB
    edited December 2008
    I LIVE IN MOBILE AL A FEW MILES FROM U .I HAVE A PLACE AT GULF SHORES ANYWAY GOOD LUCK TO U .U CAN EMAIL ME AT BETTINGFOOL0313@AOL.COM TO SEND ME MINE LOL.U SOUND MIGHTY SURE U R GONNA WIN
    edited December 2008
    I'm in Gulf Shores / Orange Beach four times a year. Usually at Bella Luna, Caribe, or the Mystique west end of Gulf Shores. I was just over in Mobile last weekend, you ever head over to the dog track and wager on the ponies in the dungeon?

FB
    edited December 2008
    I Do Used To Do It For A Living Never Missed A Day In 5 Yrs Out There Hit Some Big Tickets Had A Run At Churchill For 840,000 In The Pick Six Had The Horse On Top In The Stretch And He Ran Third.u Come To The Dogtrack Often I Might Know U. I Have A Townhouse On The West Beach .what Were U Doing In Mobilr Last Weekend.
    edited December 2008
    No much at the dog track, a few times after Katrina no other place to go. Was following behind my wife shopping.
    edited December 2008
    I Hear U Sounds Like Fun Lol.something I Dont Do Follow My Wife Around,anyway I Think This Is A Pretty Tough Race.u Have The Edge On Me U Have Had More Races And Experience.but I Think I Have The Best Horse Maybe Not On Thursday But Down The Rd.u Have The Best Trainer Mine Is Up And Coming He Is Hungry.just Hope He Knows What To Do With A Good Horse.
    edited December 2008
    I won't look at the race until Wednesday night, but obviously Indygo Mountain was very impressive last time out. I imagine it'll be hard to look past him.

Incidentally, i got a chuckle when looking at Mike Watchmaker's column on the Derby in Wednesday's Racing Form. He refers to Indygo Mountain as being "under the radar".
    edited December 2008
    Mike Watchmaker Lol Thats All I Will Say On That Subject
    edited December 2008
    Peace, we have to wait till the 18th now.
    edited December 2008
    On The 18th Then Ok The Bet Is Still On
    edited December 2008

NEW ORLEANS, La. – A much-anticipated match up of highly regarded juveniles that was lost to a rare snow cancellation last week will be renewed Thursday at Fair GroundsVinery Stables’ Friesan Fire, third in Belmont’s Grade II Futurity and fourth in Aqueduct’s Grade III Nashua in the fall, has been made the slight 8-5 morning line choice in Thursday’s sixth race, a $44,000 one-mile allowance event that has attracted a field of six.Clarence Scharbauer Jr.’s Indygo Mountain, who broke his maiden by 6 1/4 lengths when dominating rivals in a one-mile event at Churchill Downs Nov. 19, is the 9-5 early second choice Thursday.Friesan Fire’s trainer Larry Jones, who was presented with this year’s “Big Sport of Turfdom” award in Tucson, Ariz., last week, made a quick return trip to New Orleans well in advance of Thursday’s event.

The affable Kentuckian, who is also the conditioner of recent Grade II Remsen winner Old Fashioned, saddled Eight Belles to finish second in last spring’s Kentucky Derby and Proud Spell to win last spring’s Kentucky Oaks after taking last winter’s Grade II Fair Grounds Oaks.Jockey Terry Thompson, 27, an Iowa native who is hanging his tack at Fair Grounds for the first time this winter, has been named to handle the reins on Friesan Fire, who worked a bullet half-mile in :47.00 breezing at Fair Grounds Dec. 7.Indygo Mountain is trained by Bret Calhoun, the only horseman to have saddled four winners on a single program at Fair Grounds this season.

The Texas native sent this son of A. P. Indy four furlongs in :49.40 over the local surface Dec. 3. Jamie Theriot, Fair Grounds’ leading rider a season ago, is slated for the saddle on Indygo Mountain, who was a $600,000 purchase at the Keeneland September sale in 2007.Calhoun also trains Silver City, a $700,000 purchase at that same sale for Scharbauer – a fellow Texan who won the 1987 Kentucky Derby and Preakness with Alysheba.Completing Thursday’s field (with jockeys) is Escalon, Pat Valenzuela; Code of Honor, Eddie Martin Jr.; Uno Mas, Shaun Bridgmohan, and Southern Anthem, James Graham.
    edited December 2008
    Hey Fb U Must Be Playing Linemaker Now I Could Have Sworn I Was The Favorite A Week Ago. I Love The Way They Write These Races They Must Likejones Over There .back To The 18th Mt Broke His Madien On The 19th Cost 3 Lbs A Joke Giving Exp @ Weight Let Them Run On Even Terms A Joke.
    edited December 2008
    Wasn't Indygo Mountain listed @ 5/2 last week?
    edited December 2008
    Thats What I Thought Cat Fb Must Be Touting Everyone On The Jones Horse. Lol
    edited December 2008
    I can tell you if my partner and I were wagering in the pools on weekdays at the FG, we wouln't get anything on our horses. We play offshore.

FB
    edited December 2008
    Hey Fb Just Kidding With U Doesnt Jones Have 2 In Sat In The Sugar Bowl U Know Anything About Them .i Like The Stall Horse Map Of The World Saw Him Break His Madien Then At Churchill Dont Know What Happened Get That No Riding Albarado Off Of Him He Is The Worst Jockey In The Country For As Many Good Horses He Gets.let Me Know If U Like The Jones Horses Thanks
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    fbwinners, can you drop me an e-mail? Got a question to ask you. :x-wtf:

NJTStang11@yahoo.com
    edited December 2008
    Our suite is right next to Stall's, I will give you a hollar if I see him and gives me good vibes. Like I said earlier in another thread he is high on MyPalCharlie and is suppose just to gallop and breeze him to the N.O. Handicapp. I was told this week that Macho Again is just prepping in the woodchooper for a bigger race at Gulfstream.

FB
    edited December 2008

Scratched, we will never know.

FB
    edited December 2008
    Must Be Sore Or Shins Or Something Came On Track Then Scratched 2 Mins To Post.fb If U Here Anything About Him Let Me Know.thanks .jones Horse To Keen With Blimks Was Out Of Horse Around The Turn I Guess A No Bet.
    edited December 2008
    They Said He Was Off In His Left Hind Leg Or Sore Dont Know How Serious It Is Hope Nothing To Bad .i Think He Would Have Beat That Field Rather Easily Today Didnt See Much In There I Guess The Winner Ran Ok Dont Like The Pedigree Though .
    edited December 2008
    Kinda off-topic, but since the thread is labeled "Derby 2009" let's go ahead and issue that ever-important warning:

Today's Indygo Mountain development is exactly the reason why you should never take a short price on Derby futures, particularly this far out. I mean, what is he listed at right now, 25/1?

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of time for him to make the Derby, and perhaps it's a very small problem anyway. But you never know with these Derby-trail horses, they drop like flies every year. Always error on the side of caution when it comes to Derby futures...
    edited December 2008
    I Agree Totally Cat