Summer Bird ???

2»

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Quality runs a 135 mile and finishes in 25 seconds. He ran 135 in the FOY and ran 135 in the Florida Derby. He will do it again and there is no other horse that can stay with him.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    Well how about that B.E.T.
    edited April 2009
    and this race happens to be jus a lill longer.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Once they hit the first turn its just a mile race.
    edited April 2009
    and the distance to the 1st turn is......
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Point is Quality Road will be in front with a mile to go. Good luck passing him at the top of the lane... ask Dunkirk how that worked out for him.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Fountain Of Youth not the same thing, because it's a one-turn mile. And as mentioned, the track was running fast on Florida Derby Day.

Too bad Draynay's not in Vegas, because i've seen Quality Road being offered as high as 6/1 out here. Not a bad price with the race so close now. Hard to see him going that high on raceday. Could well go favored.

Btw Draynay, i was on Afleet Alex also that year. Tough beat.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Fountain Of Youth not the same thing, because it's a one-turn mile. And as mentioned, the track was running fast on Florida Derby Day.

Too bad Draynay's not in Vegas, because i've seen Quality Road being offered as high as 6/1 out here. Not a bad price with the race so close now. Hard to see him going that high on raceday. Could well go favored.

Btw Draynay, i was on Afleet Alex also that year. Tough beat.

Damn! 6-1? I'm not a QR fan, but I would say hewill be in the 4-1 / 9-2 range come Derby day (assuming a good post draw). I'm jealous of you Vegas folks.

What do they have IWR and POTN at? Pioneer of the Nile is becoming more intriguing to me after Gomez stuck aboard and how he seems to be moving very well over the dirt. People forget he beat Papa Clem and IWR (twice) before because it was over a synthetic.
    edited April 2009
    6-1 draynay could talk me into it too