1235»

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Anything worth betting in the final Pool? :argue::argue:
    edited April 2017
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Dabster, Reach the World, So Conflated, Unique Bella (if she crushes, she still might go SA Derby) the nag from today, plus like 5-9 more in the gate. Huge price @ 8-1 right now.

Always Dreaming is ALL OTHERS in the first couple pools. Listed the third time. Will get crushed in today's pool.
    edited April 2017
    Impressive performance by Girvin in the Risen Star. He got his final sixteenth in 6 1/5 (while completing a 1:43 flat, always a very solid time @ Fair Grounds). In fact, he went a full second faster than Farrell went in the Rachel Alexandra, and he also matched the time of older stakes horses in the Mineshaft. He also didn't have the greatest of trip, fwiw. He looked pretty herky-jerky in the stretch, but really appeared to turn it on late once he finally got straightened away (again, note the quick final sixteenth). Interesting breeding, too. Neither Tale of Ekati or Malibu Moon necessarily scream 1 1/4 miles, but if you look a little farther back, he has Sunday Silence on the top side and A.P. Indy on the bottom side

Won back.
    edited April 2017
    I like both of these animals for obvious reasons. Bronze Age looked like a real runner, and the third horse in that race, Glacier, came back to win nicely on turf, and is a helluva good looking horse. Believe Pletcher really likes the other one you mentioned, or somebody at home, because he isn't going to Dubai for the DWC. I'm not sold on One Liner, but he'll take $$$ after he beats a bunch of NY nags. He's ALL OTHERS anyways.

Also agree that Pletcher is in a better spot for this Derby outwardly NOW, but Baffert mentioned being so deep early in the season, and I think he's bringing horses along more slowly, so he has depth as well. It should be noted, that he'll be there always with one horse, but won't run a bunch unless they all have a chance. Pletcher will let anything that qualifies run.

Hope you cashed too, DC. Pletcher obviously stayed home for a reason. Huge run after checking a bit early. Johnny V so smart and so cool.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2017
    A couple of late-bloomers to keep an eye on:

Always Dreaming - Recent allowance winner for Pletcher who will run next in the Florida Derby. Very positive vibes coming out of the barn right now. Just outworked barnmate Theory, who happened to be the training partner of Malagacy as that one headed into his impressive Rebel win. Also note that Pletcher has apparently opted to ship Battalion Runner out of town, rather that run him in the Florida Derby vs. Always Dreaming (both need either a 1st or 2nd to gain enough Derby Points to get in). His top prospect One Liner is headed to the Wood Memorial, btw.

Always Dreaming wins the Florida Derby going away, moving on to Kentucky as a strong contender. :toast:
    edited April 2017
    Got shut out of the rainbow bet. Got shut out of Reach the World futures. Saved money on the first one.
    edited April 2017
    Works:

Abel Tasman with a very nice solo drill this AM. Was ridden a tiny bit, but responded well IMO. Fast fully.

Gormley worked yesterday, I believe, and is working on his new running style. He broke off 10 behind a nice barnmate, and flew by late. As ken Rudolph would say... GIIIAAACCOMMMOOOO.
    edited April 2017
    My boy just ran a monster race.

He's baaaaccckkkkk.
    edited April 2017
    I had Reach The World @ 100/1, and then again @ 85/1. I think he was best yesterday, but that super-wide trip did him in. He simply lost too much ground. Might be an interesting longshot in the Belmont, which is whee he's headed next. Baffert has said from the beginning that Reach The World can run all day

Pletcher has made similar comments about Always Dreaming, fwiw.

Congrats on Gormley getting in, btw.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    My personal two favorite preps this year visually are from Always Dreaming (Fla Derby) and Gunnevera (FOY). I also was told that Todd P. is taking a different approach with Always Dreaming. Look for him to be at CH very early as they want to work him over the track at least two times. I really feel TAP wants to win this Ky Derby in a big way as he's tired of the only 1 win from 45 starts looming over his head. He took his time AD, in a big way.
    edited April 2017
    I had Reach The World @ 100/1, and then again @ 85/1. I think he was best yesterday, but that super-wide trip did him in. He simply lost too much ground. Might be an interesting longshot in the Belmont, which is whee he's headed next. Baffert has said from the beginning that Reach The World can run all day

Pletcher has made similar comments about Always Dreaming, fwiw.

Congrats on Gormley getting in, btw.

Gormley is the real deal, he was the pick of the paddock, and looked to have improvement in him. Reach the World and Royal Mo looked awesome as well. He had the best trip, but he might very well have made it for himself.

Watched my Abel Tasman future go bye bye, but a $50 exacta box with Paradise Woods made me forget all about it. Paradise Woods well....She's a looker. So well put together.
    edited April 2017
    KY Oaks Futures R1 $5.00 Exacta Box
    $10.00 - -

KY Oaks Futures R1 $20.00 Win
    $20.00 -

This is a waste of $, but I just need something other than the chalk. Abel Tasman FTW.

Paradise Woods (ALL) over Abel Tasman pays $550 for $2
    Abel over Paradise pays $325 for $2

That would be cool.
    edited April 2017
    Paradise Woods (ALL) over Abel Tasman pays $550 for $2
    Abel over Paradise pays $325 for $2

That would be cool.

Wow, nice ticket. Good luck with it. :eating:
    edited May 2017
    KY Oaks Futures R1 $5.00 Exacta Box
    $10.00 - -

KY Oaks Futures R1 $20.00 Win
    $20.00 -

This is a waste of $, but I just need something other than the chalk. Abel Tasman FTW.

Tazzy!!!!!!!! Ran first and third in the exacta. Ouch. Still got about $500 back.
    edited May 2017
    A couple of late-bloomers to keep an eye on:

Always Dreaming - Recent allowance winner for Pletcher who will run next in the Florida Derby. Very positive vibes coming out of the barn right now. Just outworked barnmate Theory, who happened to be the training partner of Malagacy as that one headed into his impressive Rebel win. Also note that Pletcher has apparently opted to ship Battalion Runner out of town, rather that run him in the Florida Derby vs. Always Dreaming (both need either a 1st or 2nd to gain enough Derby Points to get in). His top prospect One Liner is headed to the Wood Memorial, btw.

Bronze Age - This guy had done nothing before his last race, but suddenly jumped up with a huge front-running performance (over a sealed track) when winning a one-mile maiden race over the very highly-regarded West Coast, who has since come back to win. Runs this weekend in the Sunland Derby, where a win gets him into the Derby. Rates an interesting dark horse at long odds, if you consider that he's a rapidly-improving Baffert runner with a decent shot of getting into the starting gate.

Good call DC. ALL OTHERs in Pool 1 cashed again. Paid good.