HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I prefer ESPN, but am open to Yahoo or CBS if there is large support for one over the others.

Check out Fantrax.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited July 2012
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »

You are #11. We need another entrant by Saturday from the forum or unfortunately you may need to pass this round.
    edited August 2012
    12 teams were required to begin the league, so we are still on the search for 1 more.
    All other teams have been emailed an invite.
    The password is horse
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate, I just signed up and at your convenience send me the payment details and any picks you have for Mountaineer tomorrow as I am driving there from Cincinnati in the morning for West Virginia Derby day.
    Thanks for the contest.
    Floydrturbo
    edited August 2012
    What's the latest on our league? I just checked it out, and only 7 people have signed up so far? I thought we had at least 11 players already?

Also, what's the payment process, and how far along are we on that?
    edited August 2012
    What's the latest on our league? I just checked it out, and only 7 people have signed up so far? I thought we had at least 11 players already?

Also, what's the payment process, and how far along are we on that?

I've only gotten 7 responses to the invites off the 11 who have committed to play. It is also worth mentioning that those 7 accepted within 48hrs of the invite being sent. CBS, unfortunately, would not allow me to create a league at any other nomination than 12. If this keeps up through the weekend I'm going to re-make an 8 team league through ESPN and invite only those that responded to the CBS league.

Once we get everyone on board, we'll figure out money.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Im in sorry didnt realize the email was from you thought it was just from cbs
    edited August 2012
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    Im in sorry didnt realize the email was from you thought it was just from cbs

Not a problem. Accept for now. Unfortunately not seeing a 12th interest either. If we can get 10 by Sunday I'll set up an ESPN league for those 10.

The other option is if anyone has the "commissioner" CBS status, they can create a smaller league for us. Let me know.,
    edited August 2012
    I still think you should check out the Fantrax site.
    edited August 2012
    I still think you should check out the Fantrax site.

Fantrax is fine. I'm not picky. I'll give it a whirl.
    edited August 2012
    I would like to be in. Barryshowman@yahoo.com
    edited August 2012
    FL If there is still an odd number ShowDough can move into my spot. He may be more into the fantasy than I am and a better challenge for you guys.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh that's who the CBS invite wAs from I'll sign up now
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Not a problem. Accept for now. Unfortunately not seeing a 12th interest either. If we can get 10 by Sunday I'll set up an ESPN league for those 10.

The other option is if anyone has the "commissioner" CBS status, they can create a smaller league for us. Let me know.,

My college team is on CBS. The site is pretty awkward, but once you have it set up, you can go in and change the number of teams.

On the home page, click the red setup link (only the commissioner will see this). Then click on Teams and Owners. Above the list of teams there should be drop-box with number of teams and you should be able to change it. At least you can in my NCAA league.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    what site are you guys going thru..
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    rayphil wrote: »
    what site are you guys going thru..

Fantasy Games - CBSSports.com
    edited August 2012
    The CBS league is being shut down for the fact that we were only able to obtain 8 members to that league.

A new league has been created at FanTrax. I urge everyone to check their email, register, and accept the league invite as soon as possible. I've sent out the original 9 invites already and ShowDough has the bubble spot if anyone doesn't accept in the next 72hrs. Lets make this work.
    edited August 2012
    I'm in....thanks again for setting this up! :toast:
    edited August 2012
    We have 5 members joined up, and 5 yet to go.
    If I could ask one more favor of those who signed up and those who are about to, please name your team after your HRT username so that I know who is still missing. Thanks again guys.
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    How do I join?
    edited August 2012
    Ilovewins wrote: »
    How do I join?

I took sign-ups a few weeks back but a few members have been relatively slow to join.
    I'm giving everyone another 48hrs to join up. ShowDough has dibs on the first bubble slot, I'll give you second bubble slot. At the rate of sign ups on CBS, you have a good chance. I'll let you know Wed.
    edited August 2012
    Thanks I'm still interested.
    edited August 2012
    We're at 6 right now. So just hope only 2 more sign up!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I think I'm all set and signed up hard to do from the phone
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Im interested so def let me in if a slot is open.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    If I could ask one more favor of those who signed up and those who are about to, please name your team after your HRT username so that I know who is still missing. Thanks again guys.

Will do, thanks...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012

OK. I GOT DOWN FINALLY, SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY.
    edited August 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    OK. I GOT DOWN FINALLY, SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY.

No problem. We're currently up to 9. I'll give the last participant until 1pm EST tomorrow to sign up before ShowDough receives his spot.
    edited August 2012
    FL, I still wouldnt mind giving showdough my spot if need be. never having done fantasy SD may offer a little more competition than me. I am still game if needed so nobody misses out.
This discussion has been closed.