HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    You guys do know there's a $50 entry fee, right?

Winner-take-all, is that right FlyinLate? Or how about $300 for first, $150 for second, and $50 for third? Just a suggestion. Be sure and send us the payment details once we've got all the teams signed up....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012

Winner-take-all, is that right FlyinLate? Or how about $300 for first, $150 for second, and $50 for third? Just a suggestion. Be sure and send us the payment details once we've got all the teams signed up....

It is in fact a $50 entrance fee. A few people suggested winner take all, but I also wouldn't be opposed to paying out 1st/2nd/3rd. If somebody else seconds the notion for multiple payouts then I'll put it to a vote.

As for payment details, most of the folks in the league have been on this site for at least three years and I personally would trust them to pay at the end (DC, FB, Mike, dirty, etc). Some of the newer guys, however, it would be nice to have their money up front. I'd prefer if a third party, i.e. RightAngle or DC, held funds from those members. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and every penny has been going in to it. I don't want to risk any intermingling of funds with the constant bank account fluctuation I have going on right now.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Take the money NOW! Preferably in one's and five's. We hope small bills go a long way at Club 390.:laugh:
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    If you need the money first let me know who to send it to if not just subtract it off of the winnings at the end. :)
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'm getting married in 3 weeks....

Congratulations!
    edited August 2012
    Take the money NOW! Preferably in one's and five's. We hope small bills go a long way at Club 390.:laugh:

hahahahaha :toast:
    Give me a call tonight or tomorrow John. If you lost my number send me an email for it.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited August 2012
    I vote at least 1st and 2nd. 3rd would be OK also.
    Floydrturbo
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Just wanted to make sure I was in
    had a bit of trouble logging in
    edited August 2012
    thebox138 wrote: »
    Just wanted to make sure I was in
    had a bit of trouble logging in

I don't see your team signed up.
    You got the new FanTrax invitation right?
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Yep $50 is fine now matter how you want it.... Ripped $100, 1-50 2-$20 and a $10 ...10-5s or even 5000 pennies lol
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Completely understand about paying upfront. I'm happy to send check, money order, or Paypal which ever is preferred.

Horsin - Hope you stay in, it will be fun. I've got a 2yo running around the house now and was worried how much studying i could get in, but am game...

FL - Congrats! I can't believe your taking on the task of our Commish with a wedding in your near future. I just celebrated my 5th year and recall having to practically give up football that first year.. (in my wifes defense she had no concept of the game as was evident three first time i took her to one-RB drops the ball and she yells"tumble, tumble". I had to explain I think she meant "fumble"......dear...:)
    edited August 2012
    Also, i prefer the first, second, third payout but am ok if the group wants a winner take all.
    edited August 2012
    I'm set up f.l. And IMO payouts to winner and runner up. Maybe 80% 20%.but whatever ya decide .im not greedy besides all of my winnings will probably go towards diapers and formula.me and the wife are awaiting our 1St child in January. We find out Friday if it's a boy or a girl. Boy is-125 if you're wagering.
    edited August 2012
    All 10 have signed up and the league is full.
    I'm willing to increase the league to 12 teams and invite ShowDough and ILoveWins if everybody is ok with that?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012

Does Fantrax hold the money? Seems dialed if they do this and pay the winner.

Also, I'm not available the Sunday of Labor Day weekend - if that's the only option, I'll let a buddy of mine draft, no big deal.

And winner take all sounds better for short change.
    edited August 2012
    That's fine. How will that affect playoffs (e.g. do we want to do 6 team playoff)?
    edited August 2012
    shh10 wrote: »
    That's fine. How will that affect playoffs (e.g. do we want to do 6 team playoff)?

4 or 8. No Buys. IMO. And for sure let's end WEEK 15. No Superbowl with games that don't matter and benched star players.
    edited August 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    No Superbowl with games that don't matter and benched star players.

Good point!
    edited August 2012
    Does Fantrax hold the money? Seems dialed if they do this and pay the winner.

I was just looking over the FAQ's, and it doesn't look like it. We'll have to have someone collect the entry fees and then re-distribute it as prize money after the season's over.

Btw FL, are in-season trades going to be allowed? This is gonna be new for me...i've never played in a local league before. I always just play the national contests.

I've never played head-to-head before, either. Just roto.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I was just looking over the FAQ's, and it doesn't look like it. We'll have to have someone collect the entry fees and then re-distribute it as prize money after the season's over.

Btw FL, are in-season trades going to be allowed? This is gonna be new for me...i've never played in a local league before. I always just play the national contests.

Typically, trades are allowed, but every manager is given an opportunity to veto a trade to keep managers from cheating (i.e. Aaron Rodgers for Graham Harrell would probably be vetoed).

As far as payout, I would be happy with a 70/30 split for 1st and 2nd, or just winner take all. I have tried "bonus" payments in the past with my leagues, like $25 each for QB, RB, and WR with highest points at the end of the regular season, but that could get complicated.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate I just wanted to thank you for attempting to find me a spot in your league. Your efforts were appreciated. Good luck to you.
    edited August 2012
    Ok. To address a few issues at once.

1) If we expand to 12 teams, it will remain a 4 team playoff. I find an 8 team playoff to put little weight on season performance.

2) Trades will be allowed. I'm not familiar with FanTrax but I personally like the league majority veto rule. In this, each player in the league will be sent an email when a trade has been accepted. If it is completely lopsided, everyone can veto it to deny the trade. I will also retain the right to punish any team getting preferential treatment in a grossly biased trade with clear intentions to deceive the league (i.e. Team in last places trades team in 2nd place Aaron Rodgers for Daniel Thomas just as playoffs approach).

3) So we have no objections to allow ShowDough & ILoveWins in? If not, I'll get their invites out tonight.

4) Dirty, I chose the first as it is the closest sunday to the start of the league. If need be I can alter the date, but Sundays seem to be the consensus for the league and the previous Sunday is my fiance's birthday (spending it drafting a fantasy league instead of taking her out to dinner, right before the wedding, is a big no lol).

5) There seems to be a lot of people in favor of 1st/2nd/3rd payouts for a 12-man league. To appeal to both the winner take all and distributed payment people, why dont we do something like $400 to winner, $150 to second place, $50 to third place?
    edited August 2012
    i have no prob with adding the other 2 teams
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I noticed you guys were talking about adding a couple teams. If you have decided to let more in- my email is joe_martell@yahoo.com.. please send the details there.
    Thanks
    edited August 2012
    Ilovewins wrote: »
    I noticed you guys were talking about adding a couple teams. If you have decided to let more in- my email is joe_martell@yahoo.com.. please send the details there.
    Thanks

The two teams being added are you & ShowDough.
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you- much appreciated.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited August 2012
    I say let them enter (12 teams) and agree to shorten the playoff format to 4 teams and cut the season short for the I don't want anybody hurt (which rarely works out ) playoffs.
    Floydrturbo
    edited August 2012

Get ready for some very exciting Monday nights.
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »

4) Dirty, I chose the first as it is the closest sunday to the start of the league. If need be I can alter the date, but Sundays seem to be the consensus for the league and the previous Sunday is my fiance's birthday (spending it drafting a fantasy league instead of taking her out to dinner, right before the wedding, is a big no lol).

I'll be in Vegas (drafting another league, actually), but honestly don't worry about me. I'll have a buddy pick a team for me (If I start taking kickers in round 1, you'll know it's my buddies).

Also, it might be kinda fun to determine draft order by how long we've been HRT members.
    edited August 2012
    I'll be in Vegas (drafting another league, actually), but honestly don't worry about me. I'll have a buddy pick a team for me (If I start taking kickers in round 1, you'll know it's my buddies).

Also, it might be kinda fun to determine draft order by how long we've been HRT members.

So, if your buddy drafts that would make him draft number . . . ;)
This discussion has been closed.