HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Going to just stop at Walgreen after work tonight to load up my money pak card cause Paypal still hasn't sent the two small deposits to verify my account.sorry for the added wait guys.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problems as the box, I will get a. Greendot pack also. DC please give your PayPal or email if you don't want it for privacy issues.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I posted it earlier in the thread:

info@discreetpicks.com

Btw, what's the story on the payouts? Are we going winner-take-all, are are we paying Top 2 or Top 3?

Let's get a list of votes on this and see where we stand...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I posted it earlier in the thread:

info@discreetpicks.com

Btw, what's the story on the payouts? Are we going winner-take-all, are are we paying Top 2 or Top 3?

Let's get a list of votes on this and see where we stand...

I believe there was some type of poll on the message board on the website
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    I believe there was some type of poll on the message board on the website

The poll was posted on the FanTrax message board and heavily favored Option C of:
    1st Place - $450
    2nd Place - $100
    3rd Place - $50
    edited September 2012
    Money has just been sent d.c.
    let the games begin!!!
    edited September 2012
    I received money from somebody, but no idea who it is. Please include a note, so that I can tell who's who!
    edited September 2012
    Sorry d.c.. that was from me
    edited September 2012
    7 payments have been received thus far (or 8, including my own):

Floydturbo
    JJohns777
    Mikenyce
    shh10
    FBWinners
    Horsin-Aro
    thebox138

That means there are still 4 players who have not sent payment yet. They are:

FlyinLate
    Dirtyshirt
    ILoveWins
    ShowDough
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    7 payments have been received thus far (or 8, including my own):

Floydturbo
    JJohns777
    Mikenyce
    shh10
    FBWinners
    Horsin-Aro
    thebox138

That means there are still 4 players who have not sent payment yet. They are:

FlyinLate
    Dirtyshirt
    ILoveWins
    ShowDough

I don't know if you know this but if they don't have a paypal account you can send them a payment request via paypal and they can pay using either a credit card or debit card without having a paypal account. This should clear all matters up.

fb
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I don't know if you know this but if they don't have a paypal account you can send them a payment request via paypal and they can pay using either a credit card or debit card without having a paypal account. This should clear all matters up.

fb

Did not know this! Send me a request whenever you have a chance DC and I'll pay it as soon as I return from Mexico.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Who am I playing? What's happening?
    edited September 2012
    Just go to the league page and click on "Live Scoring".

Also, the head-to-head schedule is viewable by rolling over the "Other" tab.
    edited September 2012
    Just go to the league page and click on "Live Scoring".

Also, the head-to-head schedule is viewable by rolling over the "Other" tab.

Figured it out. The defense scoring here is a little wonky, but overall looks fun. Honestly though, the SF DEF got -2 points after beating the shit out of the Saints? They got me 15 in Yahoo, and 10 in ESPN leagues.

RG3, Demaryius Thomas, Alfred Morris, Garcon (if he's alive), and Peyton all look like solid plays.
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Figured it out. The defense scoring here is a little wonky, but overall looks fun. Honestly though, the SF DEF got -2 points after beating the shit out of the Saints? They got me 15 in Yahoo, and 10 in ESPN leagues.

RG3, Demaryius Thomas, Alfred Morris, Garcon (if he's alive), and Peyton all look like solid plays.

Green Bay i mean, but for real.
    edited September 2012
    I was saying the same about the defense scoring.surprised that ya don't get any points for a sack.but had fun even though I caught a bad beat when little Ben threw that pick 6 with 2 mins left. Argghh.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Got -10 points for Tenn WTF I might go with no def next week.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited September 2012
    I was also surprised there are no points awarded for two point conversions. McGahee caught one from Manning for no points.
    edited September 2012
    I was also surprised there are no points awarded for two point conversions. McGahee caught one from Manning for no points.

I'm curious about this. In one of my PPR leagues he got the 2 points for the score, but not the catch (or yards).
    edited September 2012
    You guys are the points experts; i've always played roto.

Btw, still waiting on payment from you four guys. Week One is already in the books; let's not drag it out any longer. I'm already sorry i agreed to be treasurer. I shouldn't have to keep reminding you guys...
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Scoring is different in every league. The commissioner has a choice to accept the default settings at the site you're using or customize them to his own desires. For our league, if you want to see how the scoring is done, go to the Other tab and the click League Rules Summary. It's all there.

I think the commissioner still has the ability to change the rules if he wants to, even after the season starts. At least he would on CBS or Yahoo. Not sure I think he should, though.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited September 2012
    What happened to Showdough and Ilovewins.They are not even listed in the schedules or standings but Ilovewins is still picking up and dropping players. This makes no sense at all to me.
  • liguy3112liguy3112 Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey there friends of hrt. I'm in my email is jcmagic27@yahoo.com. :cool2:
    edited September 2012
    Floyd I noticed that also my team had the most or 2 nd most points in the league, but not in scoring last week or this week also. The schedule never mentions my team. I think the commish made an honest mistake. He scheduled for 10 teams, but then added 2 but never put us in the system!

DC please send me an email.
    edited September 2012
    FYI I just went to the OTHER section on top line. When you go to head to head schedule for the entire season Ilovewins and me (Showdough) are not included for all 15 weeks.
    So I'll just drop my entire team if you all agree to that.

SD
    edited September 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »
    FYI I just went to the OTHER section on top line. When you go to head to head schedule for the entire season Ilovewins and me (Showdough) are not included for all 15 weeks.
    So I'll just drop my entire team if you all agree to that.

SD

I sincerely appreciate DC and FL's efforts. BUT - It's all kinda fucked. The D scoring is horrible, the teams are some in some out, but taking players. All it's strange if 2 teams drop a ton of good players.

Honestly, Showdough if you want my team you're more than welcome (I'll give you the name and password. I'm in 4 other leagues so no sweat to me.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I would like to see if we can keep the league intact at 12 teams - perhaps there's a fix somewhere in the settings that FL can make as Commish or we can contact Fantrax tech line to correct?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Unfortunately with a game tomorrow night we need to act quickly . . .
    edited September 2012
    My team I drafted is real solid, I won't drop any players until you guys decide on what to do.The problem is Flyin Late is on his honeymoon still and only he can change the teams.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Under the Other tab, All Options, one of the options is to email fantrax. I think all the commish needs to do is email them and have them fix the system to include all 12 teams in the schedule. The league is set up for 12 teams, so it's a problem with the system.

I wouldn't drop any players, even if the two teams drop out. Better to just leave them in limbo. However, if you do decide to drop them, let me know first. I'm in desparate need of a good running back...
This discussion has been closed.