HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

Comments

• ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    The problem is the commish is on his honeymoon. We have a game today. I'll hold on to my players. I don't want to screw up the rest of the league. But if you look at my team it's a REAL good one. Oh well.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Id wait for FL i am sure there is something that can be worked out. If worse comes to worse I would put my $50 entry into showdoughs lineup you can transfer players to me and ill give you the username and password to control it for the season. as i stated initially dont really care if i am in our out but am in and paid so whatever you guys wanna do.
    edited September 2012
    I sent you an email horsin. I'll transfer you my team and you control it.
    edited September 2012
    I strongly feel either the whole league gets reset or ILovewins and I drop out and you guys pick up our players. With a game last night week 2 is for crap now also.

Your feelings on this..SD
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Starting the league over again isn't fair to those of us who have already won their first game.

As far as the scheduling goes, to me it would make the most sense if you guys were just matched against each other for the first week (or two). Not sure if FL will have the option to adjust the remaining schedule, but we'll see.

If we have to make it a 10-team league and have ShowDough and ILW drop out, then i think their players should remain off-limits for the duration of the season. We shouldn't have a mad scramble for star players where they teams who are fortunate enough to have waiver priority get to add guys like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Matt Ryan, etc. It would greatly upset the balance of the league.

Btw, ShowDough still hasn't even paid yet (although he certainly wouldn't be doing it now), so technically, he isn't in the league yet anyway.

Hopefully FlyinLate will return soon, and we can get this mess straightened out.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Starting the league over again isn't fair to those of us who have already won their first game.

As far as the scheduling goes, to me it would make the most sense if you guys were just matched against each other for the first week (or two). Not sure if FL will have the option to adjust the remaining schedule, but we'll see.

If we have to make it a 10-team league and have ShowDough and ILW drop out, then i think their players should remain off-limits for the duration of the season. We shouldn't have a mad scramble for star players where they teams who are fortunate enough to have waiver priority get to add guys like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Matt Ryan, etc. It would greatly upset the balance of the league.

Btw, ShowDough still hasn't even paid yet (although he certainly wouldn't be doing it now), so technically, he isn't in the league yet anyway.

Hopefully FlyinLate will return soon, and we can get this mess straightened out.

I haven't paid (PAYPAL banned my email or account, apparently), but I'm in for whatever. I'm going to try to make a new account. As for the league, we need to get it straight soon, but in the future it'll go better I'm sure.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Unless there are any objections (or someone has already done so), I'll email the administrator and see what can be done. I'm sure responses will be sent back to the commish of league by default so I'll include my email address in my narrative. I'm unsure on FL's return, and don't want to step on anyones toes, so please feel free to respond and I'll act accordingly.

Cheers, Sean
    edited September 2012
    Hearing none, I've sent an email - will post reply . . . thanks.
    edited September 2012
    From support@fantrax.com

Matchups were never regenerated after those teams joined. We can
    regenerate those for you, but it will most definitely change who played
    who week 1 and the outcome of those matchups.

Thanks,
    Joe
    The Fantrax Team

Any thoughts?
    edited September 2012
    I have to go fill in as coach for my nephews u-8 soccer game, so I'll just add that I'm okay with regenerating from week one which may adjust my win to a loss.

It will keep the league at 12, we keep our same players and we still have the whole season ahead of us . . .
    edited September 2012
    shh10 wrote: »
    From support@fantrax.com

Matchups were never regenerated after those teams joined. We can
    regenerate those for you, but it will most definitely change who played
    who week 1 and the outcome of those matchups.

Thanks,
    Joe
    The Fantrax Team

Any thoughts?

That would be absolutely fine with me. No problem.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    As I stated in the league chat, I apologize for all of these errors. I had always used ESPN or Yahoo for fantasy leagues, and they take care of all of these things for you. I literally had no idea that matchups would need to be regenerated. Frankly, I set my line up before the Cowboys game last week and just got back from the honeymoon to find all of this disarray. Whatever the group prefers is fine by me, and again, I truly am sorry. The timing had me completely out of the loop. If you want I can try to regen for tomorrow to see if they will allow it (not sure how/if this affects the Thurs game).
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Also fine here
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Anything that helps the league straighten itself out and include the full 12 teams I'
    m for.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Whatever best works for you FL works for me.
    edited September 2012
    I just checked in at Fantrax, Ilovewins and I are still not in live scoring. Let's just let the 10 of you guys have fun. It won't be fair to change now that week two is in less than 3 hours.SD
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »
    I just checked in at Fantrax, Ilovewins and I are still not in live scoring. Let's just let the 10 of you guys have fun. It won't be fair to change now that week two is in less than 3 hours.SD

In a 12 man league, you typically would play 1-2 teams twice regardless. You and ILoveWins will have gone head-to-head for weeks 1 and 2. I will manually score if needed. After monday night, I will shuffle the matchups and we can proceed. I can contact FanTrax to adjust your records accordingly. Does this work for everyone?
    edited September 2012
    I'm good with that!
    edited September 2012
    Actually, I'm wondering if we regen before kick-off today if that won't just bring those two back into the mix for this weeks games? It should also count their last weeks scores and results, right?
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited September 2012
    n a 12 man league, you typically would play 1-2 teams twice regardless. You and ILoveWins will have gone head-to-head for weeks 1 and 2. I will manually score if needed. After monday night, I will shuffle the matchups and we can proceed. I can contact FanTrax to adjust your records accordingly. Does this work for everyone?

Works for me
    edited September 2012
    I just checked into Fantrax, many good scores. I feel that the league should just remain at 10. If you realign too much BS might happen. SD
    edited September 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »
    I just checked into Fantrax, many good scores. I feel that the league should just remain at 10. If you realign too much BS might happen. SD

So what about ILoveWins' team then??? If you're out, then he's out too. We can't have a league with 11 teams, right?
    edited September 2012
    Huge game by TheBox today! Congrats on having the foresight to draft Spiller. Looks like he's gonna be huge this year, at least until Fred Jackson comes back (and perhaps beyond).

PS - Looks like me and shh10 have a little bit of a sweat tomorrow night. Btw, i actually own Decker in a couple of other leagues...hope he does well for you!
    edited September 2012
    DC, I am just saying, the league is now almost two weeks old. If you regenerate the weeks some of you 2-0 or 1-1 could go to 1-1 or 0-2. I'm not trying to upset the apple cart. Once again I just checked Fantrax and still no points for me or Ilovewins.

It's not worth the confusion, to possibly change anyone's record. SD
    edited September 2012
    thanks DC had to give the team pep talk prior to start of games.the boys had there A game Puttin up a big number. And yeah spiller is a player got real lucky Fred Jackson went down with injury so spiller is able to get enough touches
    edited September 2012
    PS - Looks like me and shh10 have a little bit of a sweat tomorrow night. Btw, i actually own Decker in a couple of other leagues...hope he does well for you!

Thank you. Barring a top-ten Peyton Manning comeback I think you've got this one DC. Hope Decker helps you in the other leagues.

You have to love the "struggle" FFL brings though - I have Ryan in another league and my opponent has Roddy White and T Gonzalez . . . we're "NecknNeck" through half-time. . . :)
    edited September 2012
    Congrats to Floydturbo,DC,jjohns777 for all being 2-0, but what is going on with this league?
    I leave on Thurs AM for 4 days and will not be checking my emails or leagues. Are we trying to fix it or just go with 10 teams?
    edited September 2012
    I thought someone had said that show and I love wins would be manually scored and play each other the first two weeks then starting this week we would regenerate schedule for 12 team league.seems like the most fare and logical fix
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Here's my take: I think Showdough just wants out. So let him out. His team will have to stay intact, though, as a marker. Should be an easy win for the rest of us when we play that team.

ILoveWins has a kick-ass team. If he quits, that would be a shame. Once the glitch is ironed out, he will probably be 2-0.

I have no doubts that Fantrax can fix this, but somebody (commissioner) has to tell them.
    edited September 2012
    Gee jjohns7777, I didn't realize you're a mind reader. I'm frustrated it's week 2 no one is stepping up to fix it, but yet you and others are assuming what I want to do!

Guess the " little click" is stronger than I thought. Do whatever you want. SD
This discussion has been closed.