HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    shh10 wrote: »
    So, if your buddy drafts that would make him draft number . . . ;)

I'll have 2W2P2S draft for me. Oh, you don't know him. That's puts me around a 3 or 4. You stay at number 11. Lol.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    Flyin I just checked my email, no invite yet. Barryshowman@yahoo.com
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Pretty sure the draft order is random. I believe you got first pick though, Dirty. Not sure how expanding the league affects that though....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    ShowDough & ILoveWins - You've got mail.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I'll have 2W2P2S draft for me. Oh, you don't know him. That's puts me around a 3 or 4. You stay at number 11. Lol.

Doh! No fair, lol

Well as long as Tebow is still available by pick 11.....phhhhbbbtttt! :)
    edited August 2012
    I think I registered correctly. Thank you how do I send the $?
    edited August 2012
    We still need to determine who is going to do it. I'll do it if I have to, but as I stated earlier I'd prefer not to. Perhaps RightAngle will do it for us?
    edited August 2012
    Everybody now in!

Looks like i got the first pick on the re-draw....looks like Dirty will have to do without Mason Crosby, lol
    edited August 2012
    Everybody now in!

Looks like i got the first pick on the re-draw....looks like Dirty will have to do without Mason Crosby, lol

What draft order are you showing? I'm not seeing it for some reason, and fully expected the randomization to occur right before the draft as opposed to two weeks before.
    edited August 2012
    I guess i can hold the money, as long as everyone uses paypal. My only hesitation is that i might get taxed on the incoming money, but as long as i'm sending it back out again, i don't think it would represent a problem. Nate would probably know more about that than i would...

FB, Nathan, John, or Dirty would be okay with me also. Doesn't matter who, as long as it's one of the regulars.
    edited August 2012
    I guess i can hold the money, as long as everyone uses paypal. My only hesitation is that i might get taxed on the incoming money, but as long as i'm sending it back out again, i don't think it would represent a problem. Nate would probably know more about that than i would...

FB, Nathan, John, or Dirty would be okay with me also. Doesn't matter who, as long as it's one of the regulars.

Paypal allows for "gifts" when you are not using it to purchase something (they don't provide paypal protection so paypal doesn't take a cut, nor should it affect taxes). It is also fine by me for the regulars to avoid the trouble of sending in now, then having it resent, etc and can just pay at the end of the season either through paypal, quickpay, cash, check.

I'm not by any means saying the newer members like ShowDough, ILoveWins, etc would default on paying, but seeing as how I'm commissioner I'd feel liable to winner if they didn't pay.
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    What draft order are you showing? I'm not seeing it for some reason, and fully expected the randomization to occur right before the draft as opposed to two weeks before.

It's in the draft room.
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I just checked my email and set up a account at fantrax, tho i am having trouble finding the league- what is the league name?- i received the password in my email-
    thanks
    edited August 2012
    Just click on the "My Leagues" dropdown (upper lefthand corner). Looks like you're already signed up.
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Got it thanks
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012

that sounds good to me. Once the decision is final, just let me know your Paypal account and I'll send mine.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I am fine with DC holding and paying whenever you want it. Though after the exacta DC gave out cold yesterday I thought you were going to put everyones 50. hahahaha Just kidding
    edited August 2012
    Hey how are we paying? I will not be posting or checking emails for 10 days. Off to Paradise Island,Atlantis, great sports book and best of all NO taxes on trifectas or supers or slot jackpots.
    Be back Aug. 30 th.
    edited August 2012
    Payment Update:

DiscreetCat has offered to be the treasurer for the group. Payments will be sent to him via paypal for all of the recent/less active forum members. Make sure to mark them as "gifts" to avoid the paypal fees and any tax consequences.

I'm going to ask that the following people make sure to pay up front:
    Floydrturbo
    ILoveWins
    JJohns
    shh10
    ShowDough
    thebox

As for Mike, DC, FB, Dirty, Horsin, and myself, I feel like we've been on here long enough to trust that they will fullfil their obligation to pay the winner(s). If any of you would rather pay up front, that is also fine. If anybody, including the newcomers, has an issue with this, please let me know.

DC, if you can please post your paypal for the parties to use, it'd be appreciated.

Lastly, I have posted a thread on the message board of the league on FanTrax. There are 3 payout options. Please go on there and respond. The leading option at the time of the draft will be used. Use your right to vote!

The draft is coming up soon and the draft order is in the lobby, practice your mock drafts accordingly. Looking forward to the first ever HRT Fantasy Football League!
    edited August 2012
    No problem. Just need to know the paypal account to send it to.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I have no problem paying the money upfront.also did the draft order get selected already?
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited August 2012
    Ditto the last 2 posts I just need the Info also.
    edited August 2012
    thebox138 wrote: »
    I have no problem paying the money upfront.also did the draft order get selected already?

The draft order was randomized by FanTrax.
    You were drew draft pick #2.

I'll have DC post his paypal in this thread or on the message board of the league if he'd prefer it not be in the open.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Excellent, sounds like a plan. Recommend DC post in the league chat or use OTHER from the menu bar to email the group members directly . . .
    edited August 2012
    The PayPal address is info@discreetpicks.com

Personally, i'd prefer if everyone (new or old) just sent their payment in up-front. It'd not that i don't trust any of the old-timers (i do), but i'd rather not be held responsible for having to chase down everyone's payment at the end of the year before i send the prizes to the winners. Plus, regardless of you long you've been here, i'm not a big fan of "different rules for different people".
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    The PayPal address is info@discreetpicks.com

Personally, i'd prefer if everyone (new or old) just sent their payment in up-front. It'd not that i don't trust any of the old-timers (i do), but i'd rather not be held responsible for having to chase down everyone's payment at the end of the year before i send the prizes to the winners. Plus, regardless of you long you've been here, i'm not a big fan of "different rules for different people".

Agree
    edited August 2012
    Done. DiscreetCat the money is in your Paypal account.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I will submit fri night or saturday when im home. Not sure work wants me to use my expenses credit card lol.
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited August 2012
    My payment is also sent . Good Drafting to all.
    Floydrturbo
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I will send out later tonight. Account at paypal was deactivated haven't used it since 04.
This discussion has been closed.