HorseRacingTalk Fantasy Football League

1234568»

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I was getting that same feeling on show dough.not saying its fact s.d. But I do kinda feel like you would rather be out than in. I also agree that something needs to be done asap is flying late back from his honeymoon?
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    I want to play in the league, but I'm leaving on Thursday AM and won't be back until Sunday night. Commish said he was changing things it's Tuesday night and NOTHING done and a game on Thursday. SD
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Hang in there guys - I have faith this will all be corrected. Thus far, we've been victims of circumstances beyond our control.

Many of us are in multiple leagues that more than likely had issues when they were first created as well - it's just that we've been in them for so many years we've iron out those details and those leagues are now operating like clockwork. Let's chaulk this up to a learning experience and we'll be more prepared in the future.

I realize I'm part of the first 10 that responded to FL's league request so I'm not one of the two being left of the schedule at this time but I can understand the frustration. (I will add that I'm also pretty new to HRT by the standard of senior members longeviety and useful posts and don't feel there is "click" per se, but understand that I still need to prove my worth to the forum - which I feel you have been doing quite well since you joined I might add. I joined primarily to learn the art of handicapping, get tips/insight - and though I still mix in paper bets, I have to thank HRT for getting me further up to speed on racing than I would have by reading misc internet articles, etc. )

As for now, I think we're all for regenerating. I know some teams will lose their win, including myself, but honestly, no matter who I was playing, i wouldn't have changed my lineups those weeks and will accept the scores.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    jjohns7777 wrote: »
    Here's my take: I think Showdough just wants out. So let him out. His team will have to stay intact, though, as a marker. Should be an easy win for the rest of us when we play that team.

ILoveWins has a kick-ass team. If he quits, that would be a shame. Once the glitch is ironed out, he will probably be 2-0.

I have no doubts that Fantrax can fix this, but somebody (commissioner) has to tell them.

I can't use PAYPAL period.

So:

(1) If dickhead wants out, I'll bail too. I think this fucks things up, though. It's not fair to anyone.

(2) I'll send somebody a $75 Cashier's check and they can make my payment, and take the extra as a token of my appreciation.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I'll cover your payment Dirty, just send $50 that's fine. I"ll email you my mailing address in Fantrax.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    shh10 wrote: »
    I'll cover your payment Dirty, just send $50 that's fine. I"ll email you my mailing address in Fantrax.

Payment received for Dirtyshirt (thanks shh10).....so now:

8 payments have been received thus far (or 9, including my own):

Floydturbo
    JJohns777
    Mikenyce
    shh10
    FBWinners
    Horsin-Aro
    thebox138
    Dirtyshirt

That means there are still 3 players who have not sent payment yet. They are:

FlyinLate
    ILoveWins
    ShowDough
    edited September 2012
    You guys need to watch the language. Pretty sure you've been told that before.

This league is supposed to be fun.............let's keep it that way.

I understand ShowDough's frustration with the scheduling glitch, but ShowDough, you HAVE been hinting (constantly) that you want out of the league. So don't be surprised when people take offense to it, Especially after you were lobbying to get in before the season started.

Just cool it with the name-calling, both of you. As it stands, we're still 3 payments light, with one being our commish and the other two being the unscheduled late-entries.

I also mentioned (suggested, really) a couple of weeks ago that we should set a deadline for payment of around Sept. 15, i think. That date has come-and-gone, but obviously there have been some issues with the setup format, so no one has really complained. But we can't go on like this much longer. Hoping that FlyinLate can get the scheduling thing resolved this week. If not, then i think we'll have to exclude ShowDough and ILoveWins from the league, and just keep the rest of the league status-quo. Neither of those two guys have paid yet, so i don't think it'd be a huge issue. But let's try to work this out if we can.

FL, the ball is in your court.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    If the two teams are dissolved then all there players need to be frozen for the remainer of the year.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »
    I want to play in the league, but I'm leaving on Thursday AM and won't be back until Sunday night. Commish said he was changing things it's Tuesday night and NOTHING done and a game on Thursday. SD

Hold on a second. I didn't shuffle the matchups because you made it perfectly clear you wanted out. I posted in both the chat on FanTrax AND this site. Both times you insinuated you think its best left with you out. Records could have stayed in tact by having you play ILoveWins.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but as I said, I've never used FanTrax and had assumed, like ESPN, when new teams were added it would automatically shuffle lineups. I was in Mexico, with no phone access, let alone computer access to be aware of the problems.

If ILoveWins wants to stay in, I'll find the best way to fix it, without altering anything that has occured, even if it means doing some manual scoring. Don't say you want out then come in talking about a clique and some other nonsense when you EXPLICITLY stated you think it was best left the way it was.
    edited September 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    If the two teams are dissolved then all there players need to be frozen for the remainer of the year.

The players will remain frozen and unavailable for waiver pickup. Those players will remain off limits for the remainder of the year.

DC, I just went to the bank yesterday with the wife and we merged bank accounts. I believe her paypal is still linked to our account, so I'll send from hers this evening when she gets home from work.

Barring any serious issue with this from ILoveWins, things will stay as is and be played out for the remainder of the season. The only change I will contact FanTrax about will be the playoff weeks.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    This will be my last comments on this FFL. If you take the time and read my comments about this league at NO time do I ask out. FL when you got home from your honeymoon you said in here and in Fantrax you'd manually score the first two weeks after Monday's game. It was never done. Also I stated in Fantrax that what is going on in your life is more important than FFL.
    Many times I stated that I didn't want to disrupt the league and the 9 other teams.

About any other name calling I will not comment on. So just tell me like a man am I in or out.
    Simple, I hope. Barry
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    shh10 wrote: »

Thank you so much. Let me at least buy you a twelve pack.
    edited September 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    In a 12 man league, you typically would play 1-2 teams twice regardless. You and ILoveWins will have gone head-to-head for weeks 1 and 2. I will manually score if needed. After monday night, I will shuffle the matchups and we can proceed. I can contact FanTrax to adjust your records accordingly. Does this work for everyone?

This is exactly what I said. Word for word quoted from previous page. Nothing could be shuffled before the end of week 2 for this plan to proceed as suggested (by shuffling you would not have played ILoveWins again, other matchups screwed up). On Sunday night, before week 2 had even ended, you posted both here (scroll up) and on FanTrax that you believed things were better left without you and ILoveWins. There is a reason I didn't shuffle and that is because:
    1) It couldn't occur until yesterday at the earliest as week 2 matches needed to conclude Monday night.
    2) You made it clear on Sunday, before the shuffle would have occurred, that you would prefer out.

You spelled it all out in plain english and can't argue with that. I hold no hard feelings here, but I just don't understand how you can shift blame on me for not changing matchups after you said not to. Do I take blame for the first 2 weeks being screwed up? Absolutely. Do I accept responsibility for not shuffling matchups yesterday? Absolutely not. ILoveWins has remained silent and you have stated your interest in removing yourself from the league.

The league will remain with 10 original participants with all players from SD and ILW locked on their teams. DC feel free to lock up this thread and we can move our conversations to the FanTrax forum. Good luck everyone.
    edited September 2012
    The league will remain with 10 original participants with all players from SD and ILW locked on their teams.

Sounds fine. That means we'll be set on payments too, after yours is received. Which brings us to the last order of business:
    The poll was posted on the FanTrax message board and heavily favored Option C of:
    1st Place - $450
    2nd Place - $100
    3rd Place - $50

So now we'll be going:

1st Place - $350
    2nd Place - $100
    3rd Place - $50

If anyone disagrees, we can talk about it on the league page. This thread is now locked.
    edited December 2012
    Just sent the first-place prize money of $350 out to Floydturbo, winner of the first-ever HRT fantasy football league! Congrats to Floyd.... :toast:

I do still need the PayPal address for second-place finisher TheBox in order to send out his $100 prize though...
    edited December 2012
    Just sent the second-place prize money of $100 to TheBox. Congrats to him on the second-place finish...
This discussion has been closed.