Horses to Watch

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Interesting development over @ Gulfstream today. Todd Pletcher debuted an unraced 3yo colt named Verrazzano, who won by 7+ lengths in fast time.

Interesting because Verrazano was going into that race off a heads-up drill (from the gate) with another unraced colt named Tapulous, who has yet to be entered. So keep an eye out for that one... :lipssealed:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    rayphil wrote: »
    Stanwyck is a half to giacamo and tiago.. ran 6.5 f in the 4th race yesterday at hollywood and was a min. 10-15 lg back and was just flying at the end. she made a move prolly at the 1/2 mile pole and just had a smooth running motion to her.. wont get 22-1 next out but one to def watch..we know how john s. is with these type and we know he gives them the time they need.

Also, shout out here. Took here a minute to to get it done, but she looked fucking awesome.
    edited January 2013
    Interesting development over @ Gulfstream today. Todd Pletcher debuted an unraced 3yo colt named Verrazzano, who won by 7+ lengths in fast time.

Interesting because Verrazano was going into that race off a heads-up drill (from the gate) with another unraced colt named Tapulous, who has yet to be entered. So keep an eye out for that one...

Tapulous is entered on Thursday, 4/1 on the morning line... :eating:
    edited January 2013
    Well, Tapulous was running second for a while, then faded back to 4th. In the meantime however, the wire-to-wire winner was a Chad Brown firster who was coming off 3 separate heads-up drills wikth an unraced horse named Dapper Draper. That one is entered next Wednesday @ Aqueduct....
    edited January 2013
    Well, Tapulous was running second for a while, then faded back to 4th. In the meantime however, the wire-to-wire winner was a Chad Brown firster who was coming off 3 separate heads-up drills wikth an unraced horse named Dapper Draper. That one is entered next Wednesday @ Aqueduct....

UPPING.

3 DAPPER DRAPER (DOMINGUEZ) | BROWN 2-1

He's the ML favorite, I expect nothing better than EVEN money, but hey, it's WEDNESDAY action.
    edited January 2013
    Interesting that they shipped him up to New York for his debut. It's not a state-bred race, but there's a little breeders-fund bonus money for being a New York-bred, i think.
    edited January 2013
    Dapper Draper caught a sloppy track today, and apparently hated it. Bejarano started whipping him while they were still on the backstretch, and was never getting any response at all. Highly doubtful he's this bad; willing to give him another chance on a fast track (obviously at much better odds).
    edited February 2013
    Interesting scenario @ Gulfstream today in Race 5:

If Park City (who is coming off a heads-up drill with Capo Bastone, btw) runs well today, take note of the first-time starter Celebrator, who is entered on tomorrow's card.

Reason being, Celebrator worked heads-up with Park City on three straight occasions (Jan. 22, Jan. 15, Jan. 9)
    edited February 2013
    Interesting scenario @ Gulfstream today in Race 5:

If Park City (who is coming off a heads-up drill with Capo Bastone, btw) runs well today, take note of the first-time starter Celebrator, who is entered on tomorrow's card.

Reason being, Celebrator worked heads-up with Park City on three straight occasions (Jan. 22, Jan. 15, Jan. 9)

Park City wins @ $8.20 :toast:
    edited February 2013
    Celebrator broke slow to be off dead-last (i swear, that seems to happpen to me an awful lot), then it looked like he might've had a touch of traffic to his outside right when he was attempting to swing out and rally on the turn for home. Ran okay, and might well be live for next time. Obviously was hoping for better today though. Lost a good chunk of change on him, dagnabit...
    edited February 2013
    Nothing major here, but in the last race @ SA today down the hill two horses ran much better than they looked.

Uno Dos Adios was beaten a nose after waiting the entire stretch, he'll be odds on down the hill next out.

Boss Of Me was 20-1ML bet in half. Was completely loaded and Valdivia tried to get fancy inside, when he should have gotten out. He tried to shift out after the dirt, but the race had gotten away. I'm pretty sure we can get 6 or 8-1 on the next trip down the hill (or even going a mile).
    edited February 2013
    Our original horse-to-watch Street Hero broke his maiden in the Grade 1 Norfolk Stakes today, paying $14.20 to win.

I have to be honest though, i went in a different direction and bet Midshipman to win. That one did run second however, resulting in a nice exacta that paid better than 24/1. Pretty much the only good news i've had lately, as my picks have been running ice-colt of late.

Great post from the past. The original Horse To Watch is now a successful stallion. Don't know why I'm reading this.
    edited March 2013
    Seekingthediamond is entered @ Woodbine tomorrow...

Interesting to note btw, not only was Seekingthediamond injured and scratched from her intended debut over a year ago, Laertes was apparently injured also after that huge debut run. He has not run since (14 months ago).

As for Seekingthediamond's recent activity, it's blank except for her most recent gate drill, which came in company with an unraced 3yo barnmate named Girl's Got Soul.

Seekingthediamond is entered @ Gulfstream today.
    edited March 2013

Ran second, I missed the race.
    edited March 2013
    Second by a neck after a wide trip.
    edited March 2013
    Little something for the forum:

Chad Brown has a first-time starter named Vitti Vittoria entered on turf Saturday @ Gulfstream, and that's pertinent because Vitti Vittoria had worjed heads-up three straight times with Pink Trillium prior to that one's win (on turf) back on March 10. Same jockey (Castellano) is listed to ride.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    DC, thank you. This one is second choice in the morning line. Appreciate the information.
    edited March 2013
    Ondine for Baffert. This filly was working with the talented colt Belvin, and she ran a big second (to another good Baffert) at SA today, after being left in the gate. Looked powerful, too.
    edited April 2013

Tomorrow GP 6th @ 5-1
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Tomorrow GP 6th @ 5-1

Well, does that count as winning? The place price was too sweet.
    edited April 2013
    Ondine for Baffert. This filly was working with the talented colt Belvin, and she ran a big second (to another good Baffert) at SA today, after being left in the gate. Looked powerful, too.

4-5 in tomorrow's 4th if you want it. P5 single for sure. I bet she's 1/5.
    edited April 2013
    4-5 in tomorrow's 4th if you want it. P5 single for sure. I bet she's 1/5.

As advertised. Very special.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    rayphil wrote: »
    Stanwyck is a half to giacamo and tiago.. ran 6.5 f in the 4th race yesterday at hollywood and was a min. 10-15 lg back and was just flying at the end. she made a move prolly at the 1/2 mile pole and just had a smooth running motion to her.. wont get 22-1 next out but one to def watch..we know how john s. is with these type and we know he gives them the time they need.

Belmont 1st...7-1 with 8 mtp..
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Pace was garbage..
    edited October 2013
    There was a maiden turf horse for Chad Brown entered @ Belmont today, named Madaket Millie (8/1 ml). She was coming into today's race off a heads-up drill with Kitten Kaboodle, who came out of that drill to win the Jessamine Stakes by over 4 lengths @ Keeneland a couple of days ago.

Madaket Millie was scratched today (Brown also trained the even-money morning line favorite), so keep an eye out for her to be entered back shortly.
    edited October 2013
    Madaket Millie hasn't worked or been entered since, correct?
    edited December 2013
    Madaket Millie hasn't worked or been entered since, correct?

Nope, she's disappeared.
    edited December 2013
    I had a big winner yesterday @ Gulfstream, with a Kelly Breen first-time starter named Shogun Samurai. She went wire-to-wire to win by open lengths @ $33.00

The reason i'm posting about this is because, in her final workout before the big win, she worked heads-up from the gate with another 2yo named Changed.

Have to think that one will be entered shortly.....keep an eye out.
    edited January 2014
    I had a big winner yesterday @ Gulfstream, with a Kelly Breen first-time starter named Shogun Samurai. She went wire-to-wire to win by open lengths @ $33.00

The reason i'm posting about this is because, in her final workout before the big win, she worked heads-up from the gate with another 2yo named Changed.

Have to think that one will be entered shortly.....keep an eye out.

Has Changed gone?

Top Billing, Shug's colt, by Curlin out of an AP Indy mare sure looked like a runner today. Tab for a short price victory next out at GP.
    edited January 2014
    No, Changed has yet to be entered. He also hasn't recorded a workout since Dec 23, so that's probably not a good sign. Perhaps he'll work out today, but i'm not holding my breath.