Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Jerman wrote: »
    Seekingthediamond entered Aug 21st Woodbine Race 1

The word is out on this one, opens at 8/5 on the ml!!! :thumbdown:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I knew he was going to be short when I saw that it was a 6-horse field. The horse last week (his workmate Laertes) went favored as well.

Btw, in an interesting development, Seekingthediamond worked out this morning. When I first saw the alert, I thought me must've been scratched out of tomorrow's race, but it turns out he just breezed a slow two furlongs. Has anyone ever seen Attfield work a horse the day before a race? I have to think it's pretty rare.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    he is one of a few old school guys left...i have my trust with him..
    edited August 2011
    unusual beam in first at del mar 5-2 with 30 mtp
    edited September 2011
    Lanida (8/6 @ DMR, Race 4)

3yo firster for Puype broke a tad awkwardly and then was immediately wrangled back to last by the rider (Quinonez), dropping some 10 lengths behind the early pace down the backstretch. Despite this, Quinonez remained still in the saddle, refusing to ask for any run until they approached the turn. Once asked, Lanida took off very strongly, looping around the field on the turn while of course giving up even more ground in the process. Leveled off beautifully into stretch and was coming very strongly, reaching out with big, powerful strides down the lane. Just had too much to do to catch the winner, but did end up second after the strong rally. Worth noting here that Puype is very strong with second-time starters, and there's no doubt in my mind that Lanida was much the best here. Figure to improve second time out for Puype (especially with a better ride), and should be very tough to handle next time out.

Lanida is entered in Race 6 @ Del Mar today.
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited September 2011
    I disagree with a good deal of the trip assessment. What's important, however, is that the horse was the only one to close in a race that went 1-7-2-4 around the track, AND, she got absolutely no help in terms of the setup (other horses running before she did to soften up the pacesetters). In other words, the horse ran HUGE 1st time out (relatively).

On the other hand, Quinonez absolutely SUCKS as a jock and can't finish for shit. A stronger handler would've won with her last time. So, Talamo is a huge step up.

Today, she gets a race that seems to have quite a bit of pace --Baffert, for sure. But there are two in the race that are cutting back, and that showed speed going 2 turns --- they should be very tough, unless a suicidal duel develops, as they figure to have a fitness edge.

She'll also figures to be on the low side in terms of odds.

Good luck
    edited December 2011
    Was just doing some research on Discreet Dancer, the Pletcher 2yo who broke the track record @ Gulfstream the other day.

It appears that he worked twice (heads-up both times) with an unraced barnmate named Da Vinci, once down at Palm Meadows on 11/15, and before that up at Saratoga on 10/18.

Keep an eye out for that one...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Da Vinci
    owned by the Michael Tabor group, and bred like a brick shithouse. Out of A. P. Indy and Friendly Michelle, by Artax. You probably remember the dam, she was trained by Bob Baffert and was a Grade I winner.
    This expensive 2yo colt had his debut last summer at Spa and the break was a disaster, got left behind and burned alot of money in doing so!
    Showed up next at Calder stretching out to a mile and again broke poorly but came on well late to run em all down. Definitely one to keep an eye on as the races get a little longer. TAP has him on his short list.
    edited December 2011
    My apologies, i got my facts screwed up. I knew about the horse @ Calder (Da Vinci), in fact i mentioned him on my site when i gave out Discreet Dancer last week.

The unraced horse that Discreet Dancer worked with (on 11/9, not the other two dates) was named Dan and Sheila. Sorry for the confusion.

Btw, thanks for the info on Da Vinci in any case. Good to know that Pletcher is high on him.
    edited December 2011
    Dan and Sheila is entered on Saturday, going a one-turn mile.
    edited December 2011
    Dan and Sheila is entered on Saturday, going a one-turn mile.

Dan and Sheila wins @ $8.40 :toast:
    edited January 2012
    Think i have some very good info on an unraced Todd Pletcher filly named Morrow Cove. She could be entered at any time, perhaps as soon as this weekend. Let's have a look at some of her recent drills:

Back on Dec 18, she worked heads-up with a then-unraced horse named The Last Meow. She then worked heads-up a second time with The Last Meow on Dec 31.

A week later, The Last Meow came out of those drills to win her debut by 7 lengths.

Pretty good, eh??? Well hold on a second, we're not quite done...

On Jan 9, Morrow Cove then worked head-up with a barnmate named Aweome Maria. That one is a multiple graded-stakes winner for Pletcher. But wait, we're still not done...

On Jan 16, Morrow Cove worked heads-up with Dan and Sheila, who as you know (see above) won his debut about a month ago.

I must say, this looks promising!!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Dan and Sheila wins @ $8.40 :toast:

Dan and Sheila is entered in the Lecomte at FG on Saturday just got the early entries sent to me.

fb
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Morrow Cove is entered January 22nd Race 9 at Gulfstream
    edited March 2012
    Morrow Cove is entered on Friday (March 9), going a one-turn mile @ Gulfstream.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Morrow Cove is entered on Friday (March 9), going a one-turn mile @ Gulfstream.

Any speculation on price? I don't see much value, but we've been waiting for this one. Hard to imagine anything over 5/2.
    edited March 2012
    Depends on who she's running against, of course, but even best-case it's hard to imagine much of a price. At least she got beat several lengths when running second last time; it'd be worse if she was second by a neck or something. We shall see.
    edited May 2012
    Interesting baby race @ Belmont today. I was on the second-place finisher Bern Identity, as i had some nice info on him, but now i got some more info when he was beaten by the Wesley Ward trainee Krazy for Kaya (who was the heavy favorite, btw).

Krazy for Kaya worked twice heads-up with an unraced horse named Apollo Sky, and i don't have to tell you how live the Wesley Ward firsters generally are. So definitely take a look at Apollo Sky when that one turns up.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Interesting baby race @ Belmont today. I was on the second-place finisher Bern Identity, as i had some nice info on him, but now i got some more info when he was beaten by the Wesley Ward trainee Krazy for Kaya (who was the heavy favorite, btw).

Krazy for Kaya worked twice heads-up with an unraced horse named Apollo Sky, and i don't have to tell you how live the Wesley Ward firsters generally are. So definitely take a look at Apollo Sky when that one turns up.

Apollo Sky is a real 2YO - He was born the day after Derby day in 2010.
    edited May 2012

My apologies, i screwed up (at least temporarily). Krazy For Kaya was actually the scratched half of the Ward entry yesterday, and is now entered in Race 3 @ Churchill today. I watched yesterday's race without any sound, and got the two Ward horses mixed up. The winner yesteday was named Sweet Shirley Mae, and has no correlation with Apollo Sky. We'll see how Krazy For Kaya does today (assuming she runs), then maybe look for Apollo Sky based on that.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    My apologies, i screwed up (at least temporarily). Krazy For Kaya was actually the scratched half of the Ward entry yesterday, and is now entered in Race 3 @ Churchill today. I watched yesterday's race without any sound, and got the two Ward horses mixed up. The winner yesteday was named Sweet Shirley Mae, and has no correlation with Apollo Sky. We'll see how Krazy For Kaya does today (assuming she runs), then maybe look for Apollo Sky based on that.

Seems as if Krazy for Kaya is scratched yet again today.
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, scratched at two different tracks on consecutive days. Does anyone know why Ward insists on entering two horses (with one jockey named to ride both, meaning one will scratch) in virtually every 2yo race he runs in?
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Hey DC, wondering if you have any knowledge of LE BERNARDIN? I think he's interesting in the Peter Pan tomorrow. Stretches out, after an impressive performance on Wood Memorial day. Actually his last two races have been impressive and I will probably be playing him at the 15-1 ML. It doesn't bother me that he loses his regular jock to one of the race favorites, but it bothers me a bit that he wasn't triple crown nominated. With breeding and connections like he has, it makes me wonder.
    edited May 2012
    Obviously a pretty nice horse, but he won't have it easy up front and it's an extra eighth today. Not to mention a nice jump up in class. I prefer some of the others, but i could see him winning if he makes a big move forward, and like you said he'll be a big price. Regarding the breeding, Bernardini was actually a late-bloomer himself who had his big breakout right about this same time of year (just an FYI there, probably doesn't mean anything).
    edited May 2012
    Okay then. Let's first preface my remarks by posting a video of Laertes (#6 horse, racing along the rail), who was a first-time starter for trainer Roger Attfield @ Woodbine yesterday:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/CAN/WO/2011/8/12/5/race-5

As you can see, he was quite impressive, and boy do we have some nice information here. Laertes has a special training partner named Seekingthediamond, an unraced colt by Perfect Soul who had worked heads-up with Laertes no less than 9 times in a row heading into that race yesterday. Have to think that he'll be entered very soon, perhaps next week.

Seekingthediamond recorded a workout @ Woodbine this morning. Wow, it's been a long time...
    edited May 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Seems as if Krazy for Kaya is scratched yet again today.

Krazy for Kaya finally ran today @ Churchill, finishing second by a length after setting the early pace. Time (and pace) of the race look pretty slow though; not sure there's much to see here. Especially since Ward didn't seem overly anxious to get her into a race.
    edited May 2012
    Seekingthediamond recorded a workout @ Woodbine this morning. Wow, it's been a long time...

Interesting stuff here....her third workout back from injury is a best-of-19 bullet!

Seekingthediamond (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: May 30, 2012
    Track: WOODBINE
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 48:00 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
    edited June 2012
    Stanwyck is a half to giacamo and tiago.. ran 6.5 f in the 4th race yesterday at hollywood and was a min. 10-15 lg back and was just flying at the end. she made a move prolly at the 1/2 mile pole and just had a smooth running motion to her.. wont get 22-1 next out but one to def watch..we know how john s. is with these type and we know he gives them the time they need.
    edited October 2012
    Ran across some interesting info yesterday. The Kenneally firster in Race 2 @ Belmont (E Street Bourbon) had worked heads-up twice from the gate with an unraced Tiz Wonderful horse named Oblahlah.

E Street Bourbon then got bet down to even-money (from a 4/1 ml) and won by a couple of lengths. Time was slow, but of course the track was muddy yesterday. Seems like a good idea to keep an eye out for Oblahlah, who should be turning up in a race shortly.
    edited October 2012
    Okay then. Let's first preface my remarks by posting a video of Laertes (#6 horse, racing along the rail), who was a first-time starter for trainer Roger Attfield @ Woodbine yesterday:

Woodbine - Race 5 - 8/12/2011 | Races | BloodHorse.com

As you can see, he was quite impressive, and boy do we have some nice information here. Laertes has a special training partner named Seekingthediamond, an unraced colt by Perfect Soul who had worked heads-up with Laertes no less than 9 times in a row heading into that race yesterday. Have to think that he'll be entered very soon, perhaps next week.

Seekingthediamond is entered @ Woodbine tomorrow...

Interesting to note btw, not only was Seekingthediamond injured and scratched from her intended debut over a year ago, Laertes was apparently injured also after that huge debut run. He has not run since (14 months ago).

As for Seekingthediamond's recent activity, it's blank exceot for her most recent gate drill, which came in company with an unraced 3yo barnmate named Girl's Got Soul.