Horses to Watch

1101112131416»

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2014
    No, Changed has yet to be entered. He also hasn't recorded a workout since Dec 23, so that's probably not a good sign. Perhaps he'll work out today, but i'm not holding my breath.

Changed finally returned to the worktab yesterday, going heads-up from the gate with Cosmic Coincidence (who ran 8th in his debut last month).

Not quite sure what's going on here, but at least he's working again.
    edited September 2014
    Saw a horse run @ Santa Anita today that looks to me like kind of a sneaky play-back type. It was a 2yo maiden filly in Race 8 named Ol' Fashion Gal. Check out the replay on this one.

FWIW, she broke in the air pretty bad while throwing her head up, lost maybe a couple of lengths there right off the bat, but then gathered herself and started moving up pretty sharply and smoothly. Kind of got caught in traffic along the inside rounding the turn, had pretty much nowhere to go and then got steadied to lose all chance around midstretch or a little earlier. Think she might be kinda tough next time back if she breaks clean and gets some room to stretch her legs (preferably an outside draw, i would think).

Went off @ 7/1 here, finished well-beaten (was not persevered with late) and was never closer than maybe a half-dozen lengths. If we can avoid a trouble line in the PP's then i think she might get listed pretty high next time, maybe 12/1 or higher. Shouldn't attract too much attention, i wouldn't think. One to keep an eye on.
  • REAL DEALREAL DEAL Banned
    edited September 2014
    I gotta horse fer ya Discreet Cat.....Its a Bob Baffert horse called Punctuate....Won its maiden convincing style...When dis horse goes up against winners you maybe able to get dis horse at a decent price at 4-1.....PUNCTUATE
    edited September 2014
    I bet against Punctuate the other day (had the third-place horse).

Couldn't believe a 2yo Baffert firster paid $20.00 to win, you don't see that too often (ever?).
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    DC im so mad at myself for that one...distorted humor and peppers pride..The new mexico undefeated superstar that went 19 for 19..
  • duffmiver3duffmiver3 Member
    edited November 2014
    Entered Thursday at del mat. I think it is race 3.
    edited November 2014
    Sorry left out the name Ol'fashiongal 3rd delmar
    edited November 2014
    Thanks, i hadn't seen that yet.
  • MakersMakers Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    She is entered in the fourth race post one 5-1 morning line.
    edited November 2014
    Not real crazy about her drawing the rail.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Not real crazy about her drawing the rail.

Just tell me yes or no in the morning. I'm getting drunk tonight.
    edited November 2014
    I'm passing. Looks like she went 18 days between workouts recently, then came back with a sub-par drill. Not convinced she's 100% healthy. Plus there's the stretch out to two turns (though that might actually be to her benefit, not sure). Just too much uncertainty to have any confidence in her today, at least for me.
    edited November 2014
    Ol'fasiongal

unofficial winner 7-1
    edited November 2014
    I'm passing. Looks like she went 18 days between workouts recently, then came back with a sub-par drill. Not convinced she's 100% healthy. Plus there's the stretch out to two turns (though that might actually be to her benefit, not sure). Just too much uncertainty to have any confidence in her today, at least for me.

I can only LOL. Not only did I pass, I bet the Avila scam, cool moves (w/p thank god). Fucking Talamo...
    edited November 2014

Ol' Fashion Gal wins @ $16.80. Ouch.
    edited November 2014
    Ol'fashiongal

entered today

race 6 Del Mar 8-1 ml
    edited November 2014
    duffmiver3 wrote: »
    Ol'fashiongal

entered today

race 6 Del Mar 8-1 ml

Haha
    edited November 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I can only LOL. Not only did I pass, I bet the Avila scam, cool moves (w/p thank god). Fucking Talamo...

Tab the Avila horse Cool Moves for a romp next out. The had the scam ready and got beat by a better horse. Two great rides by Talamo on Ol Fashioned Gal (Gotta give credit where it's due.)

Also, here's another angle: Team Valor finally got rid of Rick Mettee (who's really a nice guy, but couldn't train up to their standards). Be on the lookout for Valor horses in higher percentage barns... I was suicidal after talking this up to some buddies and then passing on one @ DEL MAR that paid $40.

And finally, and this is an older angle, but I hit it nice today in NY - Any horse switching from Eoin Harty to another trainer (especially ones getting Lasix, which he refuses to use.)
    edited December 2014
    cool moves entered friday at santa anita

Horse name Cool Moves
    Notes
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 01-02-2015
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 1 Mile
    Race number 5
    Purse $56,000
    Race type Maiden Special Weight
    Post position 1
    Jockey Pereira T J

Race entry Entries | Daily Racing Form
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited January 2015
    Do you guys like cool moves chances? 6-1 ML.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    When any of these abbreviations in the forum post/tab/speculate/hint at/mention or flat out scream out a horse you dont walk, u run to the nearest teller. They are DC,DS,JG,WW, or FB (apologies to anyone i omitted but all posters here at hrt are above average at worse) & TO ALL OF THE HRT FAM HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY AND OF COURSE MOST IMPORTANTLY PROFITABLE ;•}NEW YEAR
    edited January 2015
    mikehawk80 wrote: »
    Do you guys like cool moves chances? 6-1 ML.

I'm passing today. Throw him on one late P4 ticket.
    edited May 2015
    edited June 2015
    cool moves is entered in the 8th race at santa anita thursday if anyones cares
    edited February 2016
    One to watch for Sunday @ Gulfstream:

There's an unraced 3yo Pletcher filly (Adornment) who recently worked heads-up twice in a row with Firsthand Report, a wire-to-wire winner on Wednesday.
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited February 2016

There's an unraced 3yo Pletcher filly (Adornment) who recently worked heads-up twice in a row with Firsthand Report, a wire-to-wire winner on Wednesday.

Currently 4/1 with 12 mtp
    edited February 2016

Came charging late to finish a well-beaten 4th. No idea why he was so far back early (though i haven't seen the head-on). Possible they were just setting her up for a route try next time. Hard to say.