Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    who
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    thebox138 wrote: »
    who

I was referring to Perfect Shirl. I bumped the other thread after realizing she was buried pretty deep in this one. Think i posted her back in March.
    edited September 2010
    Here's some info on an unraced Tale of the Cat colt named Inverness Cape. He worked heads-up three straight times (including twice from the gate) with Concorde Point, who came out of those drills to win his debut in 1:15 flat on opening day @ Santa Anita. So keep Inverness Cape in mind whenever he's entered. The bad news is, he hasn't recorded a workout since Dec 5th, which happens to be the last of those three drills with Concorde Point. Looks like he injured himself, or perhaps got sick.

Heads-up. Inverness Cape is entered in Race 3 today. Concord Point is now a multiple stakes winner, as you know.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Great Call! 2/1..
    edited September 2010
    Heads-up. Inverness Cape is entered in Race 3 today. Concord Point is now a multiple stakes winner, as you know.

Inverness Cape wins gate-to-wire @ $6.20
    edited September 2010
    I mentioned earlier in FB's thread that Wine Police (a super-impressive 7-length winner @ Saratoga yesterday) had worked heads-up twice in a row (once from the gate) with an unraced AP Indy colt named Astrology. Well, i was just doing a little more research on Astrology, and it turns out that he's a half-brother to Lunargal, who was a 2yo stakes winner for Asmussen a few years back. Expect this one to come out firing.

Astrology is entered back in Race 6 today. I'm actually on another horse, but i do expect Astrology to run well, obviously.
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited September 2010
    Bump for brady blue eyes (unless discreet has given up on him) !
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Brady Blue Eyes was kind of out of his league in this one. Very tough race. I was high on Brady Blue Eyes as a 2yo, but he really hasn't progressed much since then.
    edited September 2010
    Cocalero (8/28 @ SAR, Race 1)

Godolphin colt by AP Indy won his 7-furlong debut impressively, then stretched out to a mile a ran poorly. Might have encountered some kind of problem there because he disappeared for a bit afterward, but returned a couple of weeks ago to be entered back @ 7 furlongs after a short layoff. Broke from the far outside post here, and literally fell flat on his face when the gate opened. Worst stumble i've seen in a very long time, maybe even the worst ever (it would be hard to stumble any worse without actually going down). Pretty amazing the rider was able to stay on, now that i think about it. Anyway, he was able to right himself, but he was immediately 10+ lengths behind the field as a result. Remained completely off scren until they turned for home, but at that point you could see him cut between some horses and start making his way through the pack to eventually finish 4th. Pretty amazing effort by this horse, and what's great about it is that it won't really show up on paper, aside from the stumble which will no doubt find the comment line. And coming off that poor effort in his second start, it'll appear that he's run two bad ones in a row. Figures to be a very live contender at a sweet price next time out.
    edited September 2010
    Regarding Cocalero, this may be nothing, but he hasn't recorded a drill since the above-mentioned race. It's only been about two weeks, so that's not totally out-of-the-ordinary, but considering he nearly went down coming out of the gate, the possibility exists that he injured himself somehow. I'll be keeping an eye on his status, obviously, and i'll post here when he returns to the worktab.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    also havent recieved a email from the pamplemousse workout...has been on a schedule for every sunday but i didnt get one this week??????????????
    edited September 2010
    You're right, he last worked on Sept 5th. Hope nothing's wrong...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    also havent recieved a email from the pamplemousse workout...has been on a schedule for every sunday but i didnt get one this week??????????????

Pamplemousse worked 4 furlongs in 48:60 (Handily) on a fast track @ Hollywood Park this morning.
    edited September 2010
    saw the email at work....maybe it was just the travel from del mar to hollywood...
    edited September 2010
    Dominus (9/18 @ BEL, Race 7)

2yo Asmussen firster stumbled pretty badly a few steps out of the gate, and quickly found himself several lengths be hind as a result. Looked like he was being pushed on pretty hard approaching the turn, but began to respond very strongly in the lane, making up solid ground along the rail before shifting out for some room in midstretch and blowing past the favorite Joe Vann for second. May very well have been best yesterday, and deserves a long look next time out.
    edited September 2010
    the pamplemousse...today 5f in 1:00.4 handily at hollywood...lets go baby..he should be ready soon..
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I got that little present in my email box as well. I don't think he's particularly close to a race though. Gotta think he'll work six panels at least once or twice before his comeback race, but who knows.

Incidentally, I'm shocked by the lack of coverage this has gotten. It seems like we're the only ones talking about it. I guess because he's not a Derby prospect anymore, nobody cares. I really thought he was more popular than that...

PS - Pointing for the Malibu?
    edited September 2010
    when is the malibu????try to find it but was not on schedule..You know everyone drops you like a fly when you havent been around...that the good thing about us is that we never forget...now i guess he is on a every thursday schedule.
    edited September 2010
    The Malibu is on Opening Day @ Santa Anita, day after Christmas. But nevermind, I somehow forgot The Pamplemousse is 4 years old now. The Malibu is restricted to 3yo's.

Speaking of which, I did read the other day that Caracortado is pointing to that race. Sidney's Candy would be a natural for it (the Malibu is 7 furlongs), but it does come up less than two months after the Breeders Cup. Not sure what plans they'd have for him after that. The Malibu is a Grade 1 though.
    edited September 2010
    sometimes you just have to sit back and try to figure it out but with julio you never know where he can go..thats interesting about caracortado cause i thought they might try a easy ca bred race 1st off the bench..
    edited September 2010
    Caracortado had been very successful sprinting early in the year. I think the Malibu makes a lot of sense for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Trappe Shot turned up there, either.
    edited September 2010
    the pamplemousse....5f 1:00.80...at hollywood..
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Turbulent Descent 2 year old filly won her debut impressively.She won by a half length and was never asked,very confident ride by Flores 2 nd place finisher made a strong bid and TD just shrugged her off.Looks like any kind.
    edited October 2010
    the pamplemousse.....10/10/10 6f 1:13.20 rank 1 of 9
    edited October 2010
    Probably won't be much longer before we see him in the entries. Looking forward to it.
    edited October 2010
    10/10/10 the pamplemousse

YouTube - The Pamplemousse 10/10/10
    edited October 2010
    Nice! First i've seen of the the big guy in action...
    edited October 2010
    New horse-to-watch to report on. Heading into Saturday's 10th race @ Keeneland, i had an eye on #9 Philology, beacuse he had worked heads-up 3 out of his last 4 drills (and at two different tracks) with an unraced barnmate named Rampaige. In the race, Philology rallied strongly in the lane to take second, behind an impressive winner in Twinspired. So it looks like Rampaige will deserve a serious look when entered, which i'm guessing will be this coming week.

Edit: Rampaige has been entered Thursday. No morning line yet.

Incidentally, Philology was 10/1 on the morning line. Hopefully, Rampaige will be listed at a similar number.
    edited October 2010
    the pamplemousse...10/17/10 6f...1:13.80....should be getting a entry soon boys..
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    New horse-to-watch to report on. Heading into Saturday's 10th race @ Keeneland, i had an eye on #9 Philology, beacuse he had worked heads-up 3 out of his last 4 drills (and at two different tracks) with an unraced barnmate named Rampaige. In the race, Philology rallied strongly in the lane to take second, behind an impressive winner in Twinspired. So it looks like Rampaige will deserve a serious look when entered, which i'm guessing will be this coming week.

Edit: Rampaige has been entered Thursday. No morning line yet.

Incidentally, Philology was 10/1 on the morning line. Hopefully, Rampaige will be listed at a similar number.

DRF entries lists Rampaige as 7-2 ML favorite.. Thx for te heads up.